Any thoughts on how to make the Practical Tactical forum better?

Holierthanthou said:
You know when I read the above post by Esav I think it almost seems like something pathological. Where does it come ? From what I posted here? I dont think so, I think it comes from something ugly deep inside him that has an opportunity to manifest here, where it safe. Talking like this to people in real life would get you beat up. I guess that is the reason for alot of the disrespect that happens here, it is a medium that allows you to be rude and belligerant with no real consequences, at the root is cowardice and ugly hate. So I dont think Esav is going to give up his bone here, I think he will have to have the last ugly word, So have at it. Im done with this thread, I gave it shot. I wont try again. My hope is that something good comes from it maybe someone reading Mongo man's posts will reconsider their discourse before slinging the disrespect. Sorry for the disrespect I dished out in the process, hope you can understand, I may be Holierthanthou but I 'm no Jesus Christ.

Get a clue. Maybe you get beat up for disagreeing with other people (which might explain your hypersensitivity towards other people having different opinions or using sarcasm) Fact: disagreeing with people is normal. Stop whining about it already. The only thing that seems pathological is your droning on and on about this nonsense. You aren't "holier than anyone" you are a whining attention seeker who cannot stand having anyone disagree with him/her/it.

Holier, it seems you expect people to put you down and therefore only see what you are expecting people to respond like.

Seriously, if I went around work expecting my bosses to bully and belittle me, then I might miss-interpret then telling me to doing something like clean up the GPS equipment as them making me do crapwork because they think I'm incompetent. Instead of them just telling me to clean something because I used it on the boat in saltwater the day before.

But seeing as how I have a different perspective of the world around me then you, I don't expect to be put down everywhere I go and I think I can clearly see when I am in fact being mistreated. Your perspective on life seems like it may come deep rooted emotional trauma caused by your mother or maybe grade school classmates. <<< That last bit WAS a put down... maybe you can see the difference?

SHS, Thanks. I appreciate it.

Holierthanthou, you really don't have a clue what the real definition of disrespect is. I suggest a dictionary. You also need to grow some thicker skin if you are going to participate here at BFC. Haven't you noticed that most of the people participating in this forum agree on one thing; you are way too whiney. Hmmmm, perhaps that would be a clue for you? :rolleyes:

PracTac seems to do just fine the way it is. While you don't see me post there, I do read, and I do agree that the place needs a regular moderator assigned. I'm not sure about posting rules; we'd have to discuss that in the mods forum.

The bottom line is that you need to choose how you want to participate there. You can choose to be offended, and disrespected, or you can ignore the superflurous B.S., and move forward, and participate in discussions that are more to your liking. I think I have said this before, but you aren't getting it.

I've also stated before; perhaps BFC is NOT for you, and you need to consider joining a forum that caters more to your way of thinking.

Remember; this is a privately owned forum, and the owner of this forum can choose how he wants to run things. The moderators run the forums according to his wishes. if you are dissatisfied, you can appeal to him, or, as I have said, you can leave.

If none of these options are to your liking, then I suppose that you are the one with the problem, not the forums.

Rat Finkenstien you told me what you think of me, let me do you the same favor. Anybody who works as a graphic designer but carries around a manix in his right pocket and a waved endura 4 in his left, while at the same time sewing an extra pocket into the back of every pair of jeans he has for a concealed carry of an ASP and... packing a Glock is either a very scared paranoid person or a serious wanna be, pretender, MALL NINJA. What are you afraid of so you need all that weaponry? The flake sitting next to you at work is going to spaz out and force a new hair do on you? I mean being a graphic designer that is a panzy job right? Maybe that is why you are always attacking people and accusing them of being homos, so you can sound tough and nobody will think you are a homo for having the job you do. Maybe that is why you call other posters mall ninja so often, to distract from the fact that is all you really are. That is why whenever you post all you ever offer is conjecture. You never have anything to offer from experience or practical knowledge, because you dont have any yourself. But you are too dumb to realize it and have some humility when talking to people who do. Take your argument with Pahtoocara about the ASP, He is a police officer who has to face danger everyday of his life. You ought to just avail yourself of the chance to learn from the guy. The real thing. Not a Mall Ninja. Quick Rat what is the best way to keep a guy you just put on the ground from moving around?....... Huh?......Wha?...You dont know do you? You have never even thought about it have you? Anybody who deals with violence on a regular basis, wonders and asks that question. You are a creative smart talented guy but more often you act like a backed up septic tank spilling crud all over the place. You better make sure you dont behave like that when you are out in the world because if you do all your toys wont do you any good brother.

So Code three ? you still think I dont know the meaning of disrespect?

Cheap insults tossed off at someone you only think you know from a few forum interactions is not disrespect. It's a lack of self-respect.

Holierthanthou said:
Rat Finkenstien you told me what you think of me, let me do you the same favor. Anybody who works as a graphic designer but carries around a manix in his right pocket and a waved endura 4 in his left, while at the same time sewing an extra pocket into the back of every pair of jeans he has for a concealed carry of an ASP and... packing a Glock is either a very scared paranoid person or a serious wanna be, pretender, MALL NINJA. What are you afraid of so you need all that weaponry? The flake sitting next to you at work is going to spaz out and force a new hair do on you? I mean being a graphic designer that is a panzy job right? Maybe that is why you are always attacking people and accusing them of being homos, so you can sound tough and nobody will think you are a homo for having the job you do. Maybe that is why you call other posters mall ninja so often, to distract from the fact that is all you really are. That is why whenever you post all you ever offer is conjecture. You never have anything to offer from experience or practical knowledge, because you dont have any yourself. But you are too dumb to realize it and have some humility when talking to people who do. Take your argument with Pahtoocara about the ASP, He is a police officer who has to face danger everyday of his life. You ought to just avail yourself of the chance to learn from the guy. The real thing. Not a Mall Ninja. Quick Rat what is the best way to keep a guy you just put on the ground from moving around?....... Huh?......Wha?...You dont know do you? You have never even thought about it have you? Anybody who deals with violence on a regular basis, wonders and asks that question. You are a creative smart talented guy but more often you act like a backed up septic tank spilling crud all over the place. You better make sure you dont behave like that when you are out in the world because if you do all your toys wont do you any good brother.

So Code three ? you still think I dont know the meaning of disrespect?

Oh, boohoo. :jerkit: Your facade of civility has fallen away and now you got angry, so you think that making a sniveling pathetic attempt at a personal attack will prove you aren't a pathetic whiner? Sorry bud- quite the opposite.

I do what I want and carry what I want. By writing that foolish spiel you have proven yourself unworthy of any respect.

asshat1cy.gif

holierthanthou-

Let it go.

If you walk away from your keyboard seething over this thread, it all but proves the point alot of these guys are making. Is that what you're doing? Because I'll bet no one else is. To be honest, I think they have you pegged. Now, if you didn't express what you meant clearly, maybe I'm wrong. Try re-reading what you wrote so far, but imagine what others infer from your choice of words, tone, etc. It does come off a bit aloof and standoffish. Your screen name helps reinforce this idea.

BTW-My original screen name was going to be IAMGODBEEEATCH!, but I didn't want to alienate others with my omnipotence(yet). You see, I'm sensitive to others opinions as well.:rolleyes:

ROFL! Holier actually got genuinely mad over an interaction on the internet! Oh man, does that speak volumes about the emptiness in his life.

Holierthanthou said:
I mean being a graphic designer that is a panzy job right?

yes it is. :rolleyes:

i'll make sure to tell that to the guy who does all of our programs and flyers, so he can come and capioera your ass into next week.:thumbup:

oh, but you're banned huh, too bad.

What is a panzy graphic design job anyway? Something to do with decorating panzers? :confused:

panzer-1.jpg

Geez....even my teen aged kids would have gotten it before this guy does.

Adios, HTT.

HTT clearly did not get it (whatever it is) but Mongo man had a few good points.

TLM

Salutations!

Ok guys, with the risk of geting my a$$ banned, I'll voice my opinion. I'm 50/50 on this. I do see a lot of personal attacks on the PT forum from time to time. It does not bother me much but it does distract from the discussion. Personal attack, however entertaining as they might be, all they do is reduce the quality of the forum, especially for those, like myself that observed the forum for a long time before deciding to join.

I dissagree with many members on many things. God knows I strongly dissagreed with Mr. Ken Cox in that famed Paul Vunak's disscussion. We did not quite see eye-to-eye, but, we did so respectfully and objectively. He attacked my arguments as I did his, not his person.

As I said before, I respect each and every member of this forum.

OTOH, yes dealing with the subject of self-defense, one has to develop a somewhat thick skin. People are passionate about what the've spent a good part of their lives believing and practicing. Now one comes all of the sudden and tell them that they're wrong and you should expect the fur to fly. The key here is to be professional.

I've practiced MAs for 25 years. Been an instructor for over 8. I've been in the situation where people come up to me and say: "You are wrong!". What I do? I say: Ok. Prove it!" And you know what? Many times, I am! I welcome criticism. Why? Because I learn from it. It has helped me become a better MAist. There is an old saying that says: "True steel does not fear trial by fire."

I am a very open person. My experience in the MAs comes from the dojo and the field (12 years as a Corrections Officer). I think my critics have molded me into what I am by opening my eyes, thus preventing "style blindness" (when you think that your MA style is the only one with all the answers).

Cougar: You are a great moderator, but, HTT was under personal attacks and he might have over-reacted. It's understandable. What he said pales in comparison to what other people said about Mr. Ken Cox in that Paul Vunak thread. They did not get banned. I do not condone what he said, however, banning him was a bit too much in my opinion. The knife community is small as it is. We need all the member support we can get. So can we throw HTT a rope :D ?

I sincerely hope we can continue our discussions in the PT forum with objectivity and respect.

Yours in the Spirit of the Warrior-Scholar,

Carlos M. Roman, Head Instructor
American Kenpo Karate Studios of Orlando

Carlos,

I am obviously in no position to recommend for or dissuade from banishment.

However, HTT was clearly itching for some sort of fight. What type, I don't know. And despite assurances from him that he would "drop it" (he did receive warnings), he continued to post challenges to Esav, Code 3, Cougar, and others.

He begged that we not insult him. He did so by throwing insults to several people.

He asked for respect. He continued to challenge the rules.

He claimed that we made snap judgments about him based solely on his posted personal information. He did the same to Rat in a very ugly way.

He demanded apologies. He offered none.

I've been happily stomping around Spark's drive arrays only since 2004. And since that time, I've seen a slew of people display exactly these same characteristics. I can see where HTT was headed, and it would have been much worse for everyone involved.

Mongoose, anyone? (Possibly the same guy--Mongoose boasted to me that he had a second account with a different IP address, and would start pursuing specific people with it over time.)

Anyway, Cougar's generosity was expended after the third or fourth post. It didn't need to last that long, but Coug's a nice guy.

I don't doubt Cougar is a great guy. Hell! He cracks me up many times. But what I've read in some post kinda makes me wonder. I like to think that this forum is comprised by "la cremme de la cremme" in the blade world. Me, just being a nobody, I try to keep my manners. I come to this forums to learn and so I've done. Like I said, personal atacks, however amusing, should be kept to a minimum. Yes, HTT got a bit out of order but so did other members with him and others and I don't see them banned.

Anyways, I'm just a newcomer to this forums so I'll leave it as it is. I hope to share with all of you some more insights, discussions and experiences (with the occasional humor, of course).

In another note, yes, there should be a moderator for our beloved PT forum. I do agree that over-moderation will kill the forum so why not have an "election"? Submit your candidate and we'll all vote. How's that? We need to have a moderator who's experienced, open-minded, thickskinned and fair. One that enforces the forum's rules so we can all enjoy it better.
C. Roman

whitedragon_48 said:
...We need to have a moderator who's experienced, open-minded, thickskinned and fair. One that enforces the forum's rules so we can all enjoy it better...
Sadly, while those are admirable traits for a moderator, I have to recuse myself from campaigning as--in fact--I don't meet any of them.

Should the moderator also be a member? I would think so: skin in the game.

Make PT a better place?
Understand the concept of "male contest" as put forth by Mr. Cox.
Apply that concept to the responses that you read.
Understand that 'some people' have a great need to be right.

I read more than I post there.
There are some gems and alot of turds (posts, not people).
Enjoy the gems and step around the turds.

Back