Anybody get BCCI 347 damascus yet?

I wonder if this steel is prone to rust? Or should I say one of the two steels it's made of. I guess a light coat of oil is a good idea regardless, but it would be nice to know.

It's there James, you just have to get it in the right light. I can hardly see the Buck, or the USA, or the Boss, or the 347.

jb4570

JB- I just took a couple pictures and was going to tell and show you that you are wrong and that there was no etch. Than sitting on my desk under different light and angle and there it is.
Funny how it disappears and appears depending on the angle and lighting.

m4YhePl.jpg

a9CqxO1.jpg

Found it.
ySVYdLH.jpg

Last edited:
thought this damascus was based on an aeb-l steel and some other stainless? should be very stainless I'd think unless i got it way wrong? anyone know what the two steels are for sure?

I know the older "wavy" Damascus, like in the 110s from the early '90s were more prone to rust. If these are aeb-l and other stainless, that would be really nice. :thumbsup: I don't think I'll be the one testing this however...

The Damascus pattern in my blade is totally not uniform like some of these examples. I'm okay with that. But I really see some of these blades follow a very distinct and repeated pattern!

JB- I just took a couple pictures and was going to tell and show you that you are wrong and that there was no etch. Than sitting on my desk under different light and angle and there it is.
Funny how it disappears and appears under depending on the angle and lighting.

m4YhePl.jpg

a9CqxO1.jpg

Found it.
ySVYdLH.jpg

Magic

I got mine today, and like it a lot! It came centered, sharp, and nicely finished!! I will save the bandwidth and not post pictures, it looks like the others:)

I missed it was stainless damascus.

Was it supposed to come with a pine LE box? Someone rated it 2 stars.

Rated 2out of 5
III (verified owner) – January 2, 2019

Steel looks nice however I am disappointed in the color of the scales. It appears to be an almost black g10 instead of maroon micarta. It does not look anything like the photo. No certification of authenticity was included. The box is cardboard instead of the wood LE box

No pine box is mentioned.

2018 BCCI MEMBERS ONLY KNIFE

WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER THIS OUTSTANDING MODEL 347 VANTAGE
LOADED WITH MANY FIRST TIME FEATURES:
*STRIKINGLY BRILLIANT RAINDROP STAINLESS STEEL DAMASCUS BLADE - BUCK KNIVES
HAS NEVER BEFORE OFFERED DAMASCUS ON A 347 MODEL.
*MAROON MICARTA HANDLES – ANOTHER BUCK KNIVES’ FIRST FOR THE 347
*DATED BCCI MEDALLION INSET ON LEFT SIDE OF HANDLE
*BLADE SERIALIZED ON RIGHT SIDE *CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY * LE BOX

It's a beautiful knife, I should of ordered one, knife deserves 5 stars. Damascus vantage is pretty awesome,

I missed it was stainless damascus.

I dont know that for sure. it doesnt say anywhere. thought buck was using that aeb-l version damascus lately. be great if someone who lived close to the factory and knew all the buck folks would ask for us.......:)

Rated 2out of 5

Steel looks nice however I am disappointed in the color of the scales. It appears to be an almost black g10 instead of maroon micarta. It does not look anything like the photo. No certification of authenticity was included. The box is cardboard instead of the wood LE box

saw that on bcci. guess he also didnt like the darker scales as well. I'm good with the knife myself. only reason I'd give it a lower star ranking is cause buck just wont make a longer blade version.:)

Rated 2out of 5

Must be the same guy who bought my 212 from me and was mad because it wasn't bigger than other 212's:D:D

Referring back to the June 2018 BCCI newsletter from which this knife could be ordered, it states "Strikingly Brillant Raindrop Stainless Steel Damascus Blade."

Evidently, my order has not even left Buck!! It is supposedly going to be shipped next week.

I don't know what happened. I ordered and paid in June. But, today, I learn that the order was misplaced or not ordered.

Pretty irritating and ridiculous!!

I dont know that for sure. it doesnt say anywhere. thought buck was using that aeb-l version damascus lately. be great if someone who lived close to the factory and knew all the buck folks would ask for us.......:)

saw that on bcci. guess he also didnt like the darker scales as well. I'm good with the knife myself. only reason I'd give it a lower star ranking is cause buck just wont make a longer blade version.:)
Damasteel is the vendor for the stainless Damascus on the Vantage. Shouldnt Rust. Great product.

Damasteel is the vendor for the stainless Damascus on the Vantage. Shouldnt Rust. Great product.
good to hear. so aeb-l and 304 then? or the RWL34 and PMC27?

regardless gonna be a good user.

Knowing the steel is Damasteel (above) and the pattern is Raindrop (from the order form), I think we can conclude it is Damasteel pattern Rose™ with the steel DS93X™ which is a combination of RWL34 (lighter color pattern) and PMC27 (darker pattern) alloys. Both are Swedish made and offer a good combination of corrosion resistance and hardenability.

Back