Are Busse knives the only high end production knives actually being used?

The chickens were glad it was wood and not their necks you were hacking, lol
erry day.. lol
They were my friends chickens and funny thing is about a week before I was eating fried chicken over there. Fed them some and forgot what I was doing. lol

oh YOu already know I beat on the stuff I make don't play.

Chopping cinder blocks with Zwear and CPM3V steel knives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmW_AkrErAA

Z-Wear Steel Survival Knife part 2 (look at and testing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tUcCQwQWg

CPM3V Wakichoppee aka "Grinch" field test. part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5iNXGChowc

Chopping in the Beautiful Fall Northwoods (3 of 3) CPM3V vs Screw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD7DWnoJtn4&index=13&list=PL92WSsB__s8mjhHmMvN3qAVO_nuC2HgP5

Cutting nails with Z-wear and CPM3V tool steel knives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srETAmOwL10

Cool videos! I like that wakichoppee

Agreed! If BUSSE were not there, MBB is where it's at! Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested to try their new stuff, the thing that kept me from buying from them years ago was the prices that they were asking for 5160 as the only option

...and that was how the zombie chicken apocalypse began-- how / if it'll end....well.... only God knows...

late night chicken apocalypse death chant thread .....BEGIN!!! ....no, not really, please don't , just kidding :eek:

Another show for my kids to get hooked on. Chicken zombie apocalypse.

I would be interested to try their new stuff, the thing that kept me from buying from them years ago was the prices that they were asking for 5160 as the only option

Yea, as their popularity has increased in the past couple of years, I feel like their prices have as well. Although they do offer various types of steel now, their prices are quite steep. However, you know you are getting a complete custom blade (if you so chose) that is 100% handmade with 100% USA made products and not to mention they do some of the highest quality custom kydex sheaths for their blades as well (check out their FB page). Again, I LOVE me some Busse, but I am not afraid to recognize (and purchase) other quality blades when I see them. You can't go wrong with MBB.

I have an Esee 6 , admittedly its low on the totem pole of knives that I now use, If I had a good camera setup I would start abusing it for a cool video see how it stacks up to my TGLB.
I've got the 6 as well. If this was a discussion about a tool that got the job done it'd win hands down, especially if cost/efficiency is considered. This is more about high-end "safe queen" worthy blades put'n in work (or the lack thereof). The 6 isn't gonna win you any contests regarding how much you spent but it'll beat the pants off any blade out there get'n a fire started. Kept me dry for a month back country in Montana. If you're gonna try & get laid w/your pimp'n blade game while batoning some kindling better got get a Busse or Randall.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got the 6 as well. If this was a discussion about a tool that got the job done it'd win hands down, especially if cost/efficiency is considered. This is more about high-end "safe queen" worthy blades put'n in work (or the lack thereof). The 6 isn't gonna win you any contests regarding how much you spent but it'll beat the pants off any blade out there get'n a fire started. Kept me dry for a month back country in Montana. If you're gonna try & get laid w/your pimp'n blade game while batoning some kindling better got get a Busse or Randall.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Right on the money(bolded). And ESEE's kick azz. I own several. I have not seen any manufacturer do 1095 better

Right on the money(bolded). And ESEE's kick azz. I own several. I have not seen any manufacturer do 1095 better
Not A manufacture but Joe Calton did the best 1095 heat treat I have experienced. I hate 1095 too in saying that.

I have an ESEE Junglas that I have beat the piss out of. No abuse, only normal hard use:

I know it's not "high end" but it's not cheap either. It has held up beyond my expectations

Many custom makers use 1095 successfully as well as ESEE and even tops. It isn't the best steel but it gets the job done.

How is Winkler II not getting a mention? Daniel winkler tears apart a car with his knives and axes. His video is on youtube

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How is Winkler II not getting a mention? Daniel winkler tears apart a car with his knives and axes. His video is on youtube

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

you smelt it, then you need to delt it ;)

post a video of it. Very cool.

Iv been watching the mmb videos last week and kinda wondering when it comes to cutting through 1/4 plate steel like they do, is it the steel and heattreat of the knife or edge geometry that that allows the knife to not chip on steal to steel contact. Example I chipped my regulator the otherday hit peice of steel while chopping a branch on my tailgate was a very minor easy fix. But if I adjusted the edge made it thicker do you think it could chop plate steel without damage like the MBBS in the videos?

Iv been watching the mmb videos last week and kinda wondering when it comes to cutting through 1/4 plate steel like they do, is it the steel and heattreat of the knife or edge geometry that that allows the knife to not chip on steal to steel contact. Example I chipped my regulator the otherday hit peice of steel while chopping a branch on my tailgate was a very minor easy fix. But if I adjusted the edge made it thicker do you think it could chop plate steel without damage like the MBBS in the videos?

Geometry plays much bigger role than steel/ht when it come to destruction use.

Back