1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Aug 2, 2019.

1. THelambda

THelambda

Mar 9, 2017
    Choil.0.32”thick.Fuller .INFI.LB treatment ...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. THelambda

THelambda

Mar 9, 2017
    No cbt please,only fuller, thick bacon with big fuller,very very strong but still fast:).
    And personally I like choil because it looks sweet.

3. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    #17 with an 11" blade would be an insanely good chopper. But it would basically be a bolo. Convex grind.

4. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    #9 looks good, except i'd still like to see a choil.

5. Babayka

Babayka

Dec 14, 2013
    #2 [​IMG] these are my smatchets and everyone is pleasant to me on the, but if to make something average by the size, it will be just ideal!!!

boring, Mike Pierson and bikerector like this.
  6. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    #8 with expanded fuller, but a hair fatter at the pommel end, I think it needs a bit of a stop for retention on heavy swings.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I like #7 blade design with the cbt, but with the handle of # 15-18.

:)

8. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    How about #17 with a ffg? That would be pretty epic!!

9. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    #6 with the lines on the blade like #10

10. kniferMan

kniferMan

Jul 16, 2011
    Below is my post #54 on page 3 of this thread!

Here are a few more. . . . All of these are shown with an 8 1/2" Blade and all approx. 14" OAL

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

I'm drinking coffee so here's my sober 2 cents :D... 10 or 11 of the above imge post would be sweet. I love the CBT and think it will look really cool on those angels like the HG55. I dig the size as well. Awesome desings though... all of them.

bikerector likes this.
  11. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    #17 with an 11 inch blade would be awesome and I would love to see it in addition to the smatchet.

12. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    11" and 3/16 thick and you got my money. Guaranteed.

13. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    I'm lovin #15 and #12.

And while we're desiging knives, I'd LOVE to see a stiletto in the same style as the WW2 FS commando daggers. Shiny satin with black canvas handle slabs. mmmm

[​IMG]

14. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    how about 10" , 5/32 thickness.... A Smatchete

(*unrelated*, im looking for the closest thing to an infi machete. any ideas? bb13? thanks.)

15. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    14” & 17” would be epic! :thumbsup:

JackTheKnifeGuy likes this.
  16. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Everybody really seems to love #17! It has actually grown on me quite a bit. I still think something is missing though. Maybe some cbt/lines like #10? Maybe small fuller? What are your thoughts gentlemen?

Also I think it would look better without the swedge...

17. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    YES!!! Two pommel options, rounded or skull crusher. I want both.

BlackKnight86 likes this.
  18. EagleTalon

EagleTalon Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2017
    If #17 then saw teeth behind the swedge maybe? But yes I also lean towards a 9 1/2" or longer blade as well. I

sixplymaple likes this.
  19. EagleTalon

EagleTalon Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2017
    I dig the lance leaf look of #10 and combine it with the swollen fuller of #12 just maybe a slight less swollen. Possible a little longer too, depending on balance

20. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    C3184BD5-1A73-473A-A1DD-74DDF81307B5.jpeg

.22 stock with a 10” blade and I’ll take 2 please