Aus10a

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was only 5 years old lol...he's revived much older across the forum. I only brought it up here because I was already responding to one of his posts and didn't know if he realized what he was doing. I get it...you search for something and don't look at the date before responding...it happens. But doing it on purpose? He may not care, but the mods will get sick of having to follow him around locking old threads he revives, and being on the mod's radar usually doesn't end well. Heed the advice or not...I tried 🤷‍♂️.
Firstly, I was unaware of the rule. Secondly, I don't do it on purpose. When I want to find out stuff about certain knives, or talk about knives I wish companies would make, I search the internet, and it takes me to this forum. Who cares if it's an old thread? There's useful information to be gained, and nice people respond to my questions. If the forum was serious about enforcing the rule, they would automatically archive old threads. Some old threads ARE archived. You said I've done this many times. I probably have, but I was unaware of this rule, and nice people always help me out. I'm just a guy trying to find information, so that I can buy the best knives for the money. I also help other people out with suggestions of knives I know are awesome, when they say what they're looking for, and ask for help. Furthermore, I think it's a stupid rule. There are other forums where threads go on for years, because the same company has been making the same knife for decades.

This one was only 5 years old lol...he's revived much older across the forum. I only brought it up here because I was already responding to one of his posts and didn't know if he realized what he was doing. I get it...you search for something and don't look at the date before responding...it happens. But doing it on purpose? He may not care, but the mods will get sick of having to follow him around locking old threads he revives, and being on the mod's radar usually doesn't end well. Heed the advice or not...I tried 🤷‍♂️.
Furthermore, you were helping me out with the thread about the tangs of the Cold Steel Marauder, SRK, and OSS. You were nice about it. That thread was as old as this one, but you didn't have a problem with replying to me. All 3 of those knives are the same as they were in 2018. I'd say that's still a relevant thread. This thread is also still relevant.

I'm highly confused as to what I did to offend you. Are you just having a bad day?

Firstly, I was unaware of the rule. Secondly, I don't do it on purpose. When I want to find out stuff about certain knives, or talk about knives I wish companies would make, I search the internet, and it takes me to this forum. Who cares if it's an old thread? There's useful information to be gained, and nice people respond to my questions. If the forum was serious about enforcing the rule, they would automatically archive old threads. Some old threads ARE archived. You said I've done this many times. I probably have, but I was unaware of this rule, and nice people always help me out. I'm just a guy trying to find information, so that I can buy the best knives for the money. I also help other people out with suggestions of knives I know are awesome, when they say what they're looking for, and ask for help. Furthermore, I think it's a stupid rule. There are other forums where threads go on for years, because the same company has been making the same knife for decades.
And there are threads here that go on for years too, because they stay consistently active for years

Go ahead and report me. I was unaware of the rule. I'm sure doing so, will make you very popular. I'm always considerate when I reply to posts.
youre reading into this whole thing all wrong. it was really nothing more than a harmless suggestion /informative post by jlauffer. don't read too much into it. he's not trying to work you up or trying to bully you etc. trust me I've been chatting with him on here for years.....

he's actually a very nice fella with a vast knowledge of cold steel and sometimes, but rarely, kinda funny

And there are threads here that go on for years too, because they stay consistently active for years
What's your point? Old threads still have useful information, even if they've been inactive. People kindly reply when I ask questions in those threads. Like I said, if it was a hard fast rule, the forum would automatically archive the threads. People would only be able to read them. They wouldn't be able to post.

youre reading into this whole thing all wrong. it was really nothing more than a harmless suggestion /informative post by jlauffer. don't read too much into it. he's not trying to work you up or trying to bully you etc. trust me I've been chatting with him on here for years.....

he's actually a very nice fella with a vast knowledge of cold steel and sometimes, but rarely, kinda funny
It really doesn't seem that way. It looks like bullying to me. Did you read all his replies to me?

It really doesn't seem that way. It looks like bullying to me. Did you read all his replies to me?
yes I did...but I know his style of typing and you wouldn't. trust what I said.....I'm not trying to trick ya or anything.....

I should add...just start a new thread rather than dig up a really old one more than years old. that's preferred

If you feel this strongly about the subject, email the moderators, and ask them to archive older threads that meet the criteria in the rules you posted. Thanks for ruining my day. I always have nice and informative discussions on this forum. You're the only person that's made this an issue, and denigrated me for a rule I was completely unaware of. And yes, saying I do it on purpose, is rude thing to say. I definitely do not.

I'm out. Hopefully you'll be in a better mood after the work week us over.

Go ahead and report me. I was unaware of the rule. I'm sure doing so, will make you very popular. I'm always considerate when I reply to posts.
I actually do not understand, nor agree with this rule . But it IS A RULE here . I do not own this site , or even pay dues here .

So ...I try to respect the rules , so that I can continue posting as member . Mods here have limited patience . Best try to behave yourself if you want to stay . ;)
You can always start a new thread , on the same topic and simply reference older threads , to accomplish the same goal . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I actually do not understand, nor agree with this rule . But it IS A RULE here . I do not own this site , or even pay dues here .

So ...I try to respect the rules , so that I can continue posting as member . Mods here have limited patience . Best try to behave yourself if you want to stay . ;)
You can always start a new thread , on the same topic and simply reference older threads , to accomplish the same goal . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I didn't know the rule. I'll do my best to follow it. I'm not sure why the moderators don't automatically archive the older threads that meet the criteria. Why would they leave them open for posting, and then ding people for not knowing this rule?

Furthermore, you were helping me out with the thread about the tangs of the Cold Steel Marauder, SRK, and OSS. You were nice about it. That thread was as old as this one, but you didn't have a problem with replying to me. All 3 of those knives are the same as they were in 2018. I'd say that's still a relevant thread. This thread is also still relevant.
I had already posted about it here, so no reason to derail another thread.

I'm highly confused as to what I did to offend you. Are you just having a bad day?
Not offended at all, just pointing out the rule and trying to help you avoid headaches down the road.

If you feel this strongly about the subject, email the moderators, and ask them to archive older threads that meet the criteria in the rules you posted. Thanks for ruining my day. I always have nice and informative discussions on this forum. You're the only person that's made this an issue, and denigrated me for a rule I was completely unaware of. And yes, saying I do it on purpose, is rude thing to say. I definitely do not.

I'm out. Hopefully you'll be in a better mood after the work week us over.
Ok, so not on purpose, sorry about that. But saying you don't care about doing it is almost as bad.

Not offended at all, just pointing out the rule and trying to help you avoid headaches down the road.

Ok, so not on purpose, sorry about that. But saying you don't care about doing it is almost as bad.

When did I say I didn't care about it? I didn't. I merely said I thought it was a silly rule. I never said I wasn't going to follow it, now that I know about it. This is just more bullying. I don't know what put you in bad mood, but it certainly wasn't me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back