• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad News - Derespina strikes again and it keeps getting better - Buyers Beware!!

Don't forget Bill......he also calls this thief an honorable guy! I can't get passed that one.
He must've gotten one hell of a discount!!
Ugh.
Asks for full payment up front with the promise their knives will be done sooner......all BS.
Swordswallower is sounding like a bit of a shill.
This is NOT an honorable maker......period.
Joe

swordmaster0813 swordmaster0813
You sure are going above and beyond to be the only guy swimming against the tide here. Even so far as to post your knives multiple times.

Could the discount he offered be a result of (or conditionally based upon) your push for him being a good, honorable guy and a the wait being worth it?

From what I have read in the multiple threads complaining about this maker, I wouldn't spend my funds on him. There are plenty that support this forum, do quality work, have positive reviews and zero complaints.

I am going to pass the message along because someone said this to me and it rung very true.

"The hardest knife to finish is one you have already been paid for."

This is because they have the loot already, so when they go to make that knife it is not bringing any new loot into the shop. So they think "I'll build this new knife and sell it to make more loot. I'll get around to the backorder log when I have time, but for now I will make another knife that I can sell for some cash" The only incentive they have to complete the knife is their reputation and customer satisfaction. (Which is actually very important) Still when you are making a knife to get some loot that incentive is more pressing for some reason.

The whole knife community should band together and commit to no more upfront payments. There is one guy who posted here about how he has waited for a custom Emerson he prepaid for. He has been waiting 20 years, but don't worry every time he e-mails them they say he'll be getting that knife "just now" ("Just now" being the same thing a weed dealer says when he is going to make you wait 4 hours to meet him)

There is one guy who posted here about how he has waited for a custom Emerson he prepaid for. He has been waiting 20 years, but don't worry every time he e-mails them they say he'll be getting that knife "just now" ("Just now" being the same thing a weed dealer says when he is going to make you wait 4 hours to meet him)

But I'm sure it'll look fantastic sitting on his nightstand at the nursing home.

Warning issued for language
Woah woah back off I have nothing invested in if the guy ever gets another sale or not, and I'm. Not saying he will ever get another from me or not that's between me and myself. But if I guy is working through his backlog and getting people out there blades it's honorable going off of what I'm seeing the guy isn't openly trying to fuck anyone and is trying to get blades done that's honorable. the discount code I assume was an incentive to purchase again and it's a smart marketing idea but that's irrelevant to me. the fact that he's getting blades done and out to customers is good but I'm not invested either way but if A guy is still working through his backlog trying to get people what they paid for he's not a thief I've seen thieves even here on the forums just trying to fuck people. derespina knives isn't one of them but again that's my opinion. Order or don't idgaf what you do with your own money but don't put it on me for calling the guy a good guy based off his actions of finally getting shit out and done.I respect that even if it's on my own lol

It's great that he's working toward getting some people their knives. But to say he's not screwing anybody over shows you're biased because you got yours (just as I'm biased due to my experience).
There are people out there that have been waiting years longer than you were. I'm one of them.... and he's long since stopped responding to me. Last I heard from him, he agreed to complete my knife, sell it, and return my deposit. He put a time frame on that which has long since passed; but (from what I saw on his Facebook page a while back) I believe that he HAS sold my knife. He's still got my money, somebody else has my knife, and you're repeatedly saying he's trying to do the right thing.
I'm glad you got your knives, and I don't doubt that many others will get theirs; but neither of those things mean jack to the ones still waiting.

He did mine too there amazing and he's an honorable guy but agreed long wait lol

Well I got my shit and it's amazing so worth the wait as far as I'm concerned

To each there own of course

You have the right to make your comments above regarding a known THIEF, but others have the right to sneer and make note of your I got mine the thief is now honorable statements.

No one has to "Woah woah back off"

I agree wholehearted that everyone has a right to make there own assumptions, and have there own opinion. the one gentleman made it out that I had some discount as an incentive to hold his character in high regard. which is utterly false I don't condone the business practice that guys wait years with no communication that's fucking insane, however I also get life happens and people go through hard times. it "appears" he's trying to get his backlog out and finished for customers which is a hell of a start so I'm going off my personal experience.. which is all I can do as far as being a known thief if your implying because people haven't heard from him in a while and there not going to get there blades in your "opinion" and that makes him a thief. I guess that's on you but I have to disagree and think within the next 4-10 months he will have his whole backlog done again idk that I'm making an assumption based on what he's told me and if you watch his Facebook he's finishing 2-3 blades a week from the 70 something he has on backorder

Personally I'm not invested at this point either way I got my blades and I'm happy but I refuse to slander a guy who's trying to make it right. But that's me. It's like anything don't like it don't order his stuff. Simple really

swordmaster0813 swordmaster0813
If someone has a back log, and they are trying to catch up, they don't take on new work, and they don't take payment up front without a solid deadline or a refund (even then it is not suggested).

Otherwise they are putting their reputation at stake, and potentially worse. Say he has a tight month, two sets of wood slabs break, and he gets pulled over and now has a $200+ ticket to deal with... Now he doesn't have funds to buy new slabs until he sells another reservation...

How long does it take for him to get back even?
How many reservation spots does he have to sell?
How many folks does he have to delay and push back without a definitive time frame?

These are not the questions you ask about an "Honorable" person...
If that is your guage for what is honorable, then I guess you know a few criminal defense lawyers and used car salesmen...

An "Honorable" person will, at the very least, stop taking orders until he is caught up. Otherwise he is just playing the only game he knows, and thankfully repaid (by delivering knives owed) one that will talk and defend questionable (at best) business practices.

Honorable???
Has he reached out to all the people that have waited years??? There is one right here in this thread......he hasn't heard anything for quite some time.
Until all those people are squared away......no honor.
Honorable men aren't blatant liars.

Trying to get caught up on a back log of orders doesn't make you honorable, it is an admirable act, but it doesn't make you honorable.

Your right bill I should reword admirable he's trying in my opinion like I said numerous time take it how you want I'm not invested either way

Well, for him to be able to track your purchase back to you through the coupon code, means that you used the coupon he sent for a discounted price on a followup purchase.
You stated above that you don't care if he gets another order, and if he does get one from you, that is between you and him.

What I don't agree with is, I don't think that you should say that you got your knives and essentially don't care about the others on the wait list, or those that are stuck in the dark...

That shows a selfishness that most would prefer to not have, and if they do, they would outright try to hide it... The comment that you got yours and don't care for his action (or lack thereof) regarding others knives is a slap in the face of those that were already down and out...
Your right bill I should reword admirable he's trying in my opinion like I said numerous time take it how you want I'm not invested either way

Last edited:
You completely misunderstand I completely care if others get there purchases what I don't care is if anyone gives a shit whether I call him honorable or not that's my opinion and I don't give two darns what you think about it I hope everyone gets what they pay for and he gets on it and I truly believe he will but I'm done with this thread take care now Facebook message the guy to keep
Track of shit best way I have found hope it helps

You completely misunderstand I completely care if others get there purchases what I don't care is if anyone gives a <bleep> whether I call him honorable or not that's my opinion <snip>
So which is it? Do you consider him honorable or not? In the quote below, you say that it is not the right term, and not quite what you meant.

I don't give two darns what you think about it I hope everyone gets what they pay for and he gets on it and I truly believe he will but I'm done with this thread take care now Facebook message the guy to keep
Track of <bleep> best way I have found hope it helps
I am at least happy that you cleared up the confusion over whether you care for others or not. Glad to see that I was mistaken in how I read your comments.

Oh, I edited out the curses from the quotes so you have a chance to edit your post... I don't want to see you catch an infraction for something you were already warned for, in the same thread...

So since this post, he finally is going to be shipping the knife. I has been contacting me the past few weeks giving me updates on my order. He said it should be completed and sent in the mail Sept. 22nd, so last Friday. I sent him my updated address but I never got a reply that he got it or that he was sending out the blade. I guess we will see if I receive it this week. I will update this as soon as I find out.

I got it today finally. So in the end he did deliver but wow long wait.

20171003_102251_zps7wvfd1vw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got it today finally. So in the end he did deliver but wow long wait.

[/URL][/IMG]
I really like the knife. I tried to add an image but I don't usually use forums so I tried googling how to add a pic but it came out with this error instead. Really nice blade just want to leave out explaining the long story and all the trouble actually receiving it when showing to people, lol.

Go to Imgur.com

Create an account

Browse to locate pictures on your computer that you want to put in IMGUR to share or drag those pictures to IMGUR.

Put cursor on your IMGUR name at upper right.

Click on "images" on menu that drops.

Click on the image you wish to share.

Click on blue "Copy" tab on BBCode in column on right to perform "copy" of Windows "copy and paste."

Go to forum page where you want picture and "paste" link you just copied.

Back