Barbeque Gator Salad w/Millineum Machete

RECIPE:Serves two
you will need:
3 lbs of nice gator fillet (see Jerry Hossum for great deals on this stuff-his freezer is full of them)
1 lb hearts of palm
three heads of romain lettuce
one nice georgia onion
18 nice cherry tomatoes
one bunch asparagas
One medium size millinium machete (again see Jerry-make sure you get a free pass to his all you can eat buffet next year at the blade show when you order your knife)
Directions:
First put your Jerry Hossum knife on the dinner table for whoever is there to ogle, you wont need it, its just for show....then get out your three inch Tom Mayo talonite hunter, dice everthing into small cubes (you have already barbequed the gator meat right?) mix together, add your favorite dressing and chow down
smile.gif

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

Tom--

Sounds so good I'm headed down to the river behind the house with my trusty gator blaster. Only thang that could make that recipe any better is FRESH gator.

Now if I already HAD a Hossom MM, I wouldn't even need to use a firearm.

--Will

Tom, don't you think a little more fiber in your diet would be good for you??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hamsters are all gone.....I am waiting for my package of gator meat from you....If it doesnt come soon I will have to substitute a 10 lb standing rib roast instead. Have all of you guys checked out the Big Steak and Single Malt Scotch forum at knifeforums??? Great forum....aloha from sunny Hawhya!!!

------------------

Sorry, I traded all my gator meat to Rob for all the Talonite he had in stock. He mumbled something about you maybe being unhappy or something...
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

WHAT do you mean??? this is the united states of amerika....in exchange for electricity our governor gave a pledge to the president that everyone in the state would vote for her in her senate race in new york and all the citizens of hawaii would get free cigars from bill. Still in the wrappers I hope!! and robb!!!!!!!! where the heck is my talonite????????????????????

------------------

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 06-14-2000).]

I've had squirrel, rabbit, and assorted other game, but never gator or possum. What do they taste like? (I'll pass on the hamster.)

confused.gif

so jerry, you dont want to see my recipe for road kill possum stew??????????????? like tony the tiger says....its greeeeeeaaaaaaat!!

Tom, you just might become the first documented case of road kill on the information superhighway that your good buddy Al Gore invented.
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

I am so glad you brought that up, because (this is the TRUTH man), algore's favorite cousin lives right down the street from my dad. Maybe I can get an important job when he gets elected and sic the irs on you..just kinding.....if i get an important job Im putting you in charge of the irs...but actually, I dont think he would hire me, and I dont think I would work for him, cept maybe as his chef, I could make him some road kill possum stew with extra special ingredients....deleted the rest to save my a$$ from big brothers net narcs

------------------

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 06-16-2000).]

You wouldn't happen to have a good recipe for armadillo, would you Tom? I have a family of them under my shop. The freak me out when I'm grinding, dig holes in my yard, and scared my wife out of her skin, so she's sentenced them to death. She called me at work to tell me "KILL IT!!!". Ever seen armadillo hide used as handle material?

------------------
Oz

"I'm politically opposed to the word 'Impossible'."
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Osborn,
I actually saw a picture of a knife with a armadillo tail handle on it, kinda different, I believe the maker called it Texas Ivory.

To cook an Armadillo, just split it lenghtwise (left and right, not top and bottom), take out the icky bits, and barbeque on a hot pit (shell side down) until the juices run clear. You can pour the liquid from the shells as the critters cook if you like, but the meat will be drier.

Kind of a Texas version of oysters on the half shell.

Possum is stringy. Ok in stews and spicy bbq, but can be a little greasy.

Gator is great stuff. It tastes like gator. Most reptiles that I have eaten smelled fishy while prepping them, but had a taste closer to chicken. Gator is more savory. I prefer it to chicken or fish if it's available and not too expensive.

OK 4th, I have to ask. Where do you get the gators and armadillos in Indiana?
smile.gif

The only times I've eaten gator it tasted like french fries. Both were fried in the same stale cooking oil used in all the little restaurants scattered across the state of Florida. I had it once grilled with a little barbeque sauce and it wasn't bad, but iguana was much better.

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

Back