Barbeque Gator Salad w/Millineum Machete

when i come to georgia...I am going to take you to the grocery store and buy you a big steak dude!!!!!!!

Gee, a threat and a promise in one sentence. Cool!
smile.gif

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

I think I choked a little when I read the4th's post.

Ostrich and Emu aren't bad meat. A fella was killed up here last year when a 400 lb. male Ostrich decided to pounce on him and then kick his ribs in. He didn't make the dinner table though, he's still roaming his pen.

If you go down to Panama they will be happy to catch either a shark or a monkey and cook it up for you on the spot.

I want to eat dinner with them about as much as some of you guys from the sounds of this...
wink.gif

Nick

You guys are sick, sick, sick. The whole lot of you. I'm glad we don't have any of those "exotic" critters up here in the great white north because I'm probably sick enough to try them.
I guess I'll have to stick with plan old regulars like Moose stew, Elk steaks, Deer sausage or BBQ Sheep ribs on a daily basis. However I've been knowen to throw a little smoked couger, BBQ'd bunny or roasted rattlesnake on the table just for a change of pace. But for a melt in your mouth desert you can't beat a slab of smoked sturgon.

------------------
Robert
Flat Land Knife Works
rdblad@telusplanet.net
http://members.tripod.com/knifeworks/index.html

Mountain oysters man, slice them thin, batter and deep fry. Add a cold beverage of your choice and your livin.
Scott

------------------
Scott Jones
Heck yea I invented it ...What is it???
I only do what the voices in my wifes head tell me to do.
It's kinda like hangin, you never get used to it.

Mountain oysters??? What you need are some fresh Apalachicola Bay oysters on the half shell with a little horseradish cocktail sauce...Yum! (or cook them on a grill until the shells pop open!)
Or a local delicasy, fried white and yellow mullet roe (or better yet fried mullet gizzards!)-Guy Thomas

[This message has been edited by Silent (edited 06-19-2000).]

I'd rather have haggis. No wonder we're all so torqued. These kinds of things in our diets can't be condusive to mental stability.

------------------
Oz

"I'm politically opposed to the word 'Impossible'."
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Gator? Taste like tough fish...

Armadillo? Taste like possum on the half-shell...

Haggis? (I was stationed in Holy Loch) A cross between liver and menudo.

All in all, none of it taste like chicken!!!

------------------
C Wilkins
I don't care about no fightin' in Bosnia, I don't care about no trade with China! I just want to know when "they" are gonna do something about these God forsaken FIRE ANTS!!!

MikeS,

Here is the recipe
A whole stockyard of bulls, sharp blade, some rubber bands and a bucket of water to toss em into until you slicem thin, batter like a catfish fillet and fry.
Sound tasty
smile.gif

And it doesn't taste like chicken, but frog legs do.

Jonesy

------------------
Scott Jones

Mr. Dockerell (and all others)

I'm almost ashamed to call me a Canuk!! Having lifted my share of rocks and put the juicy ones in my mouth and the really ugly ones in my pocket until after dark (so's I didn't have to see what I was eating), I'm very surprised that you failed to mention the 'national delicacy'...Beaver; Tail that is. You can eat the critter if you want to (sounds a little like possum to me) but the truly outstanding delicacy of all time has to be Beavertail...can put more pounds on a skinny Canuk in the shortest time, ever!!

Recipe goes something like;

1 big fat juicy beavertail (washed and cleaned) placed on a spit about 24 inches over an open fire, lay on your BBQ flavour of choice and slow roast. When the flames settle down to a dull roar from all the fat splattering into it and all the juices run clear, use a nice sharp knife and slice off a chunk about 6 inches long and an inch thick and you'll think you died and gone to heaven! There are those that will gag and run screaming into the woods puking their guts out in the process but they're just heathens who have yet to appreciate the finer things in life
smile.gif

For those of you who may wish to devolve this thread to it's more basic levels (eating Beaver and all), the moderators of this here forum may require you to respond via email rather than inflicting your opinions on others
smile.gif

There was a reference to haggis by someone (I apologize for not paying attention) that suggested that haggis was something less than the food of the Scottish Gods. Just as long as you paid proper homage to the haggis before you ate it (by sacrificing at least one virgin ((two if the haggis was really outstanding)) and you blessed everything scottish after you ate the manna from heaven, then all is right with the world. If you didn't then the curse of the Pissed Scot shall haunt your days for the rest of your sad and sorryful lives.
smile.gif
smile.gif

All the Best

Dileas Gu Brath

Jonesy, I grew up in Ks, after we worked calves with the neighbors and got all the cows back to pasture, the whole neighborhood had one big "fry". MMMmmmmm. When I worked in Garden City,Ks. there was a little store down the block, that sold BIG ole BULL frys, in the styrofoam meat packages, the first time my wife saw them laying in the meat counter she about had a runaway. She wasn't from my neighborhood. Oh, by the way every year in Vineta,OK they celebrate the weekend NUT Festival, one year they invited Pres. Clinton, he declined though.

ha...you guys are all NUTS (know pun intended).....I think we need to let this thread die a natural death!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
Haven't been here for a long time, but looks like things haven't changed much.
just had to reply to some of these post.
First of all Armadillo taste like pork. gators taste gators most folks here in Texas don't eat the Bull fries and possoms. But we will eat those Beavers!
Probably the worst tasting critter I ever tried to eat was a Javelina. We tried to cook it in the ground like you would a "normal" pig. The longer we cooked it the tougher it got and the worse it tasted. We finally gave it to the Ranchers dog who chewed on it for a while and then went to licking his behind. We figured he was trying to get the taste out of his mouth.
Mike C

------------------
mconner@luminatorusa.com [url="http://members.xoom.com/connerknives"]http://members.xoom.com/connerknives[/url]
Killing the dog wont cure the bite.

[This message has been edited by Drop point (edited 06-20-2000).]

Mikes,
I don't know if I should be glad your from Kansas or send you a sympathy card. Ah it is not that bad here.

Javalina-- Have you tried cooking it like a carp. Clean the fish complete on a long piece of old oak board, be sure to use a sharp knife as to not screw up the meat and leave any broken bones.
Now throw away the carp and eat the board you used to clean it on.

Ok Tom I will let it die
smile.gif

------------------
Scott Jones

We can't let it die just yet, I don't think Tom properly regrets starting it yet.
It's funny, everyone here in the south thinks I'm strange because I eat sushi, but I'll bet all of these recipes are in their cookbooks.

------------------
Oz

"I'm politically opposed to the word 'Impossible'."
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Back