Battle Saw BG!. . . . It's What's Next!!!

Also just noticed the Battle Saw CG was spec'd at 0.220" and the BG is .250".

Is the .220" number for the CG correct?

No. The original specs came out as that, but the actual thickness once the blade was made was closer to ~.24".

These just have the updated / correct thickness.

This looks sweet. It is a bit more. The double talon bm was under 300 and the boom parang was only 267. Makes those blades sound like bargains. But that was almost two years ago.

Man, this blade is awesome, but it screams out for Infi. Made me put up a thread in the buyer's request forum. In short: anyone want to sell me their CGBS? :D

Let me see if I understand this right...That knife is going up on Busse website and is there to stay and not disappear in just a few days?

Let me see if I understand this right...That knife is going up on Busse website and is there to stay and not disappear in just a few days?

It should only be listed for sale for a few days, less than a week. Like all of the other recent products during this promotion.

As I understand it, there will be the initial special price offering and then eventually be a regular production offering. This is supposedly what it happening with the BG FBM as well

True. That may be a factor and cbt

CBT is CNC machined and is actually a cheaper process.

This looks sweet. It is a bit more. The double talon bm was under 300 and the boom parang was only 267. Makes those blades sound like bargains. But that was almost two years ago.

Both were only a year and a half ago.

Last edited:
As I understand it, there will be the initial special price offering and then eventually be a regular production offering. This is supposedly what it happening with the BG FBM as well

My understanding as well.

CBT is CNC machined and is actually a cheaper process.

Cheaper than what, flat saber? What is the process for other blades?

When I stripped my CG BB13 I thought it looked CNC machined, but I'm not sure. Seems like CBT would be more time consuming than a flat bevel. Thanks in advance for any input.

I agree! Those were great bargains for the consumer. :D Unfortunately, mainly due to too much drinking, many of the knives from OP2W part 1 were underpriced from a production standpoint.:confused:

Now in 2017, the recently introduced FBM BG was announced at being $397.00 on the website and it is smaller and requires far less machining than the Battle Saw which will only be $30.00 more. We didn't hear any complaints about the price of the FBMBG.

Now that I think about it. . . The Battle Saw should cost a bit more!o_O

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

Back