Beckerhead firearms

I would love a home hobby type mill!! And a better band saw. I'm using a Milwaukee portaband right now. A big stand-up saw would be awesome.

Stopped into my local shop today and checked out the m&p shield. They only had a 40, so I checked that out. I ended up getting an OK price on a 9mm version and they should have it next week. It was a bit more than the cheapest I could have gotten it for online, but they have been really good to me in the past, so I don't mind paying a bit more. Now I need to get my hands on a holster and some ammo to burn up.

Got the ALG Defense AKT trigger kit and an ultimate railed gas tube installed on my M92 PAP today. Both ended up being way more difficult than I thought they'd be. Now just waiting on my Vortex Venom red dot to get fixed and I'll start looking for a light mount and a sling. Also need to have the rear trunion drilled so I can bolt the pistol brace right to the receiver and ditch the adapter that goes under the grip.

In the meantime I ordered a Glock PDW kit from Suarez International. Basically a bracket that goes on a Glock and a buffer tube threads into that for the Shockwave brace to mount on. Looks like that should be a lot of fun.

Got the ALG Defense AKT trigger kit and an ultimate railed gas tube installed on my M92 PAP today. Both ended up being way more difficult than I thought they'd be. Now just waiting on my Vortex Venom red dot to get fixed and I'll start looking for a light mount and a sling. Also need to have the rear trunion drilled so I can bolt the pistol brace right to the receiver and ditch the adapter that goes under the grip.

In the meantime I ordered a Glock PDW kit from Suarez International. Basically a bracket that goes on a Glock and a buffer tube threads into that for the Shockwave brace to mount on. Looks like that should be a lot of fun.

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and need to see some pictures.

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and need to see some pictures.

The Ak looks pretty much the same as it did before since I still have the original lower handguard. I'll get a pic when the sight comes back. Just put in the order for the Glock PDW brace kit so I don't have that yet. If you look up Glock PDW on YouTube Gabe Suarez has a few videos about it. I don't know how convinced I am that it's the next big thing in super slick high speed operator stuff that he tries s to make it out to be but I can see where it has it's advantages. To me it just looks like fun.

Too much cool stuff!...Too little $$... haha

Last edited:
scored this poster from Hornady, which has an actual size picture of every bullet and full round that they sell, all arranged nicely...

sweet.

Dug deeper into my 336 today, polished the sear (had a burr, needed some love), and now the trigger breaks at a more reasonable 5.8lb instead of 10+. Bump safe and everthang. 4lb would be lovely, but I'm not sure it's worth the work of pulling it all apart again. I'll shoot it again and then decide.

Dug deeper into my 336 today, polished the sear (had a burr, needed some love), and now the trigger breaks at a more reasonable 5.8lb instead of 10+. Bump safe and everthang. 4lb would be lovely, but I'm not sure it's worth the work of pulling it all apart again. I'll shoot it again and then decide.

noice. i'm thinking of yanking the trigger from my pellet gun and doing something similar. hopefully i won't screw it up. gentle.

got to hold a Chiappa Rhino the other day. Smexy.

noice. i'm thinking of yanking the trigger from my pellet gun and doing something similar. hopefully i won't screw it up. gentle.

got to hold a Chiappa Rhino the other day. Smexy.

Just cleaned off the reloading bench too, of 5+ years of grime and leftover stuff.

Put about twenty rounds of handloads through the .348 yestiddy working on an accurate load to settle in with...lets just say i'll be glad when I don't have to shoot this thing from the bench anymore lol

Put about twenty rounds of handloads through the .348 yestiddy working on an accurate load to settle in with...lets just say i'll be glad when I don't have to shoot this thing from the bench anymore lol

boy I'll say!

After years of lusting after all kinds of centerfire rifles, I finally realized/decided that I don't need anything that kicks anymore than a .30-30. I could take the same amount of energy and put it behind a longer, narrower bullet for longer range, but... I don't need anything more than that.

CACbTYw.gif

I've been tinkering with my Kimber custom 2 lately. Finally snapped a pic this afternoon.

Yeah, baby!
Same model I've got, but I see you have the aftermarket grips and extended mag well. I removed the extended mag well because it didn't work smoothly with flat-bottomed mags. Lot more wear on mine, though. ;)

Back