Beckerhead Jobs

We have a Beckerhead cars thread and a Beckerhead bags thread, but I've always been kind of curious what you all do to earn your Becker money. Obviously some would rather not tell people what their job is and consider that personal, that is fine no pressure to post here. I did a quick search for this thread title to see if it's been done and turned up nothing, if I am wrong and there was one well I think we have enough new people (myself included) to do a new one!!!

Me:

I am a restaurant manager at a Southern Roadhouse style restaurant in Orange County, California. We serve hickory smoked BBQ meats, fried chicken, catfish, hushpuppies, and lots of tasty other stuff. We also only serve craft beer on tap (domestic in bottles). One of the cool parts of my job is that we are family owned and I get a bit more input than if I worked for a large corporate restaurant chain. For example, these are two specials that I myself came up with that our marketing director (who works at my store) is going to go ahead and run in the two months. We actually took some promo pictures today.

This one is called the Big Texan Burger, it has a 1/2 pound burger patty topped with pepperjack cheese, grilled jalapenos (they are hidden inside the onion ring), thin sliced brisket, BBQ sauce, and an onion ring:
IMG_8510.jpg

This one doesn't have a name yet (any ideas?). It is a twist on our Tri-Tip Sandwich. Mine has tri-tip, grilled bell pepper, onion, and mushroom, BBQ sauce, and pepper jack cheese (I love pepper jack :))
IMG_8511.jpg

Here they are together with some cold ones:
IMG_8509.jpg

I bet you guys didn't know I work with Moose :D:
IMG_8515.jpg

Sorry I know this OP is a bit long winded but I thought ya'll might appreciate those food pics.

So, what about you folks?

I'll take a Big Texan please......:D I'm hungry right now and it looks friggen wonderful.

As far as my job goes, I'm a truck driver and haul US Mail around. I love driving. Give me a steering wheel and an open road and I'm happy as can be. Here is a picture of the view from my office.

070212212326.jpg

Wow, those pics might mean I'll have to make a road trip!
I am currently working overnight security while goin to veterinary school :)

My most recent job was titled "Adventure Camp Program Counselor", which basically meant I was a grunt for the C.O.P.E./Climbing/Alpine (similar to C.O.P.E.) and ATV programs, unfortunately the only picture I have of me within 3 miles of my normal job site is this:

(Also unfortunately that is not where I slept. For those of you that were in Scouts, if you remember those tents you slept in at summer camp, I slept in those same tents, literally the very same ones, not the same model, the same tent from 50 years ago.)

301222_499950190033345_211098258_n.jpg

Basically I'm a monkey trained with screw drivers, belay devices, and ATVs.

Cattle Rustling, corporation's corrupted, bridges blown, rebellions quelled, white slavery.

Great. Now I want a brisket burger with an onion ring on it and a craft beer for breakfast.

I am a preassure washer. I wash houses to fleet trucks to commercial property.

Here is the F-350 with no antilock breaks I drive

a1e88e2a.jpg

Here's a roof we washed
before
B5781A99-1E26-4BFD-BF95-3CAB4B3CAFA6-12394-000015355614202E.jpg

After
F0DDFD81-1C9A-46BF-8DFD-CFB67C97D9CF-12394-000015355E925D10.jpg

Emeril Lagasse's house in destin florida that I washed before it was repainted

B0D144C6-904D-49D3-BFBE-8781EABD3E9C-12394-00001535E806C227.jpg

Vigilante crime fighter. I won't have much time to post though until the city is safe.

Fine, since everyone is being all serious and stuff, I am the systems administrator for a small non-profit here in WV.

Last edited:
No job to speak of.

No Becker money either, and there are some more that I want to own again.

Damn.

Moose

It's not my 'job', but my Becker and other knife funds are now coming from making knives. Slowly.

Developer/Systems Engineer
I write code all day - PHP, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, Javascript/jQuery, etc, etc

I have been a Police Officer for the last 24 years. I am a firearms instructor and full time trainer for my Dept. Been a Tactical Team member for the last 20 years which is very cool, I get to work with some really fun toys and blades, which is why the Becker line works for me, I can beat the crap out of them and they keep working. I don't post much about what I do, but I use my blades for a ton of things when working which probably would not appeal to many of our users here but I can tell you they work. Here are a few pics of my work, these are training pics:
SRTPics047.jpg

SRTPics166.jpg

SRTPics171.jpg

SRTTRAINING300.jpg

Pretty Boring right :)

I'm a Linux/Unix Systems Admin/Engineer for a technology company in Scottsdale, AZ. We're a relatively small company, but we have some very large customers such as Canon USA, Sharp, Toshiba, Xerox... and developmental partnerships with some big names like Intel, Samsung, SAP, etc.

For the most part, I like what I do. If I couold make the same money doing something involving firearms, weapons training, or even weapons manufacturing... I'd be a happy camper. I tinker with that kind of stuff in my spare time... and I've had offers to go work for a couple of local companies that deal with that kind of stuff... but I would lose about half of my salary... and I don't really dislike what I do, so I'll stay in this industry for as long as I can. Who knows, maybe I'd get sick of guns and knives if that's what I dealt with every day.... HA! Yeah, right.... ;)

As a certified Texan, I wholeheartedly approve of your Texas burger.. do you ship? :p

I'm a one-man IT shop for a non-profit corporation. Working on my Cisco certification now. I could probably pass, but I'm going to use my skills and study a little more, so I don't blow it. My Linux is rusty, as I've worked Windows NT-2008 environments since I graduated from college. I'm also now become the "phone guy" as we've put in a VOIP phone system on campus and that's fallen under my scope.

Outside of the job, I'm working on my artistic skills, whether it's in the kitchen or woodshop. Some day I see myself selling my wares to ridiculously rich people for ridiculous prices in a touristy area, having my house out in the woods, and my shop on a main drag. :D

As for that tri-tip sammich, I'm drooling. I smoke my own tri tip roasts and can almost taste it already! A couple names came to mind, in light if it being a Texas BBQ place "Bush Leaguer" (omage to Pres Bush, being higher class than a burger, but still Texan), Big Texas Philly - hints of Philly Cheesesteak, but everything is bigger in Texas.

I work retail loss-prevention for a big box store, I also do uniformed security on the side. School just started this week so job #2 might have to get put on hold.

Back