Beckerhead Jobs

Layoffs? Or just looking for something new?

Just looking for something new. Tired of running a chainsaw.
I'm taking the semester off from school and want to save money without worrying about cutting my leg off with a saw.:D

I'm currently in grad school working on a Master's in Plant Science and will hopefully be done soon and looking for a real job.

Magazine editor for Canada's climbing mag. Also the gear editor for the other titles in the pic.

Added a bit of Becker content.

Attachments

• 20120830_164106.jpg
    20120830_164106.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 30
I'm a sign language interpreter specializing in the medical and legal fields. I've been doing a lot of surgeries lately. I've been in the room for a brain surgery, 3 open heart surgeries, 2 child births, countless cataract surgeries, a bowel resectioning, and countless endoscopies.

It's actually a pretty badass job. I always have a becker on me somewhere. Even when I'm going to court I've got one on me, at least.
When you walk into the court house with 2 judges, 4 lawyers and 10 bailiffs, the guards at the metal detectors don't ask any questions.

I'll take a Big Texan please......:D I'm hungry right now and it looks friggen wonderful.

As far as my job goes, I'm a truck driver and haul US Mail around. I love driving. Give me a steering wheel and an open road and I'm happy as can be. Here is a picture of the view from my office.

070212212326.jpg

W900? I had one sold it due to back problems good truck . .studiosleeper or aerocab?. . . .im currently scrap metal recycling and going to school for aviation tech,overhouls and line maintenance.

I'm a sign language interpreter specializing in the medical and legal fields. I've been doing a lot of surgeries lately. I've been in the room for a brain surgery, 3 open heart surgeries, 2 child births, countless cataract surgeries, a bowel resectioning, and countless endoscopies.

It's actually a pretty badass job. I always have a becker on me somewhere. Even when I'm going to court I've got one on me, at least.
When you walk into the court house with 2 judges, 4 lawyers and 10 bailiffs, the guards at the metal detectors don't ask any questions.

So I guess I should learn more than A and C in ASL then.....

Maybe it's a West/East thing, but I've never heard the term "tri-tip" before now. What is it?

Tri-Tip is considered by many to be California's contribution to the BBQ world. St. Louis has their cut of ribs, Texas has brisket, etc. It is a lean cut from the bottom sirloin, pretty tasty IMO :D

If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll serve you up a plate.

W900? I had one sold it due to back problems good truck . .studiosleeper or aerocab?. . . .im currently scrap metal recycling and going to school for aviation tech,overhouls and line maintenance.

Yup its a w900. To be honest I'm not sure of the difference between the aerocab and studiosleeper. I started out in a tractor trailer for like three years and had been driving a straight truck for the next five years. Two months ago, my boss was pretty much forced to buy a tractor and trailer and this is what he bought. Its a 93 w900 flat top with a 425 cat. Its a decent truck, but definitely needs some work. He's planning on getting another tractor and using this one as a backup.

I still want that big texan!! I once had a bacon cheeseburger that was the burger on the bottom layer and then had a french dip on the top layer. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Yup its a w900. To be honest I'm not sure of the difference between the aerocab and studiosleeper. I started out in a tractor trailer for like three years and had been driving a straight truck for the next five years. Two months ago, my boss was pretty much forced to buy a tractor and trailer and this is what he bought. Its a 93 w900 flat top with a 425 cat. Its a decent truck, but definitely needs some work. He's planning on getting another tractor and using this one as a backup.
I still want that big texan!! I once had a bacon cheeseburger that was the burger on the bottom layer and then had a french dip on the top layer. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
Gotta love a CAT. Why not buy/lease your own truck?

Tri-Tip is considered by many to be California's contribution to the BBQ world. St. Louis has their cut of ribs, Texas has brisket, etc. It is a lean cut from the bottom sirloin, pretty tasty IMO :D

If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll serve you up a plate.
I'm actually quite fond of tritip as well. It's perfect when you have 3 folks sharing a steak (at least in my opinion)

As for the name, how about "Just the Tip"?

One of my favorite hamburgers: Burger, Onion ring, chili inside the onion, egg on top of the chili, jalapenos on top of that, pepper bacon, pepper jack cheese...

E911 Police dispatcher. 12hr shifts of dealing with people on their worst day ever... :grumpy:

Just started a warehouse manager position. Been super busy, and really like it thus far.

I currently do forestry work.
After next week, I will be looking for something else.

Good luck with the search man...

I am a General Manager for a metal roofing and siding manufacturing plant. We also do other stuff like full metal buildings, barn components, and red iron... I have just started this venture this week actually and my head is full of mush right now from taking it all in. I have been in the metal industry for about 8 years now. Before that I sold radio advertising for a 5 station cluster. I did that for about 6 years or so...

Eighteen years with a metallurgical engineering firm involved in the construction and management of plants in the nuclear fuel chain. Ten years as project manager for an environmental engineering company. Traditional woodworking and blacksmithing as a sideline. Growing up and summer jobs included deckhand on a towboat, pipeline welder's helper, worked for carpenters, roofers, electricians, a blacksmith and a small aviation company. I just play now :D

and my head is full of mush right now from taking it all in.
That's how I've been feeling too. A bit overwhelmed, but now I'm getting it where it needs to be. Installed a new inventory program, and got all the entries in. That was a big undertaking. Then doing a physical inventory, so I could make sure the numbers were all good, then entering all that in, the whole time getting deliveries in.

Back