Benchmade and Deep carry pocket clips?

Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinion on why do you think Benchmade only offers a deep carry pocket clip in a very select few knives? I know they have it on knives like the infidel, Adamas etc. but, to me I love my griptilian and it is a perfect EDC knife... But it bothers me how much sticks out of my pocket. Other knives at benchmade liek the 710, Presidio etc I also feel really could benefit from a deep carry pocket clip as they are EDC/tactical knives. The knives I carry the most have deep carry pocket clips, and it kills me because I would love to carry my Griptilian, due to its size it is a perfect EDC for me, but for an EDC knife it is too visible IMO to use really in public. Why do you guys think that many of the EDC knives Benchmade offers they are not making deep carry pocket clips which is becoming more and more available on competitors knives?

Thanks,

Gideon

Benchmade is very good about sending out whatever clip that you want for your knife. The satin deep carry clip on the 810 Contego (also comes in the painted black variety, but it flakes like no one's business) should fit any of the regular three hole clip setups. Hope this helps?

Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinion on why do you think Benchmade only offers a deep carry pocket clip in a very select few knives? I know they have it on knives like the infidel, Adamas etc. but, to me I love my griptilian and it is a perfect EDC knife... But it bothers me how much sticks out of my pocket. Other knives at benchmade liek the 710, Presidio etc I also feel really could benefit from a deep carry pocket clip as they are EDC/tactical knives. The knives I carry the most have deep carry pocket clips, and it kills me because I would love to carry my Griptilian, due to its size it is a perfect EDC for me, but for an EDC knife it is too visible IMO to use really in public. Why do you guys think that many of the EDC knives Benchmade offers they are not making deep carry pocket clips which is becoming more and more available on competitors knives?

Thanks,

Gideon

which specific competitor knives are doing this as a standard feature that you're referring to?

as opposed to some offerings just like bm does?

Call or email them and request a deep carry clip (or two) for your Grip. They'll ask if you want black or silver and then send them to you complimentary. I too prefer the deep carry clips so I have them on all of my Benchmades.

5146aca5c5bdd2a44bf4491df029d08b.jpg

23e58764d7c7bde4b4483121f9e4478f.jpg

There's also the 551-1 if an upgraded version with better blade steel (CPM-20CV), G-10 handles and a black deep carry clip suits your fancy.

GtncD7J.jpg

Alright thanks, I will contact them tomorrow to see if I can get a deep carry pocket clip? Do I need to tell them my Adamas/contego clip broke or can I just request a black deep carry pocket clip?

Alright thanks, I will contact them tomorrow to see if I can get a deep carry pocket clip? Do I need to tell them my Adamas/contego clip broke or can I just request a black deep carry pocket clip?

You just request deep carry clips. They're awesome about it. I have them on a bunch of my benchmades, and all you have to do is ask!

Where did you get the blue (aluminum?) scales? If BM sold a version of the knife with that handle, I might actually buy a Grip! Looks awesome.

[Non supporting vendor link removed]

Yes, they're hard coat anodized aluminum. They sell their "blemished" scales for $50 when they have them. Otherwise they're ~$76. My pics above are my Ritter Mini Grip in the Cobalt Blue (which looks like it's no longer available) and my full sized Grip in Electric Blue.

Just tell them that you'd like a clip for your Grip and they'll send you the correct one (with a few extra screws).

I sent them a message on their site. Does anybody know the ETA for responses normally? I didn't give them my address I asked to know if it was approved first.

I use an Adamas clip on my mini grip. The paint started to flake off bad so I too some sand paper to it and did a brushed polish of the metal finish.

Polished up. Makes the knife look more expensive in my opinion.
e0aaeeb99b8044f715fcf5b018c8e40b.jpg

Before I sanded and wet sanded the clip to show how it rides in a pocket.
134dd888f9d8f5dbcf12d887f7ea6587.jpg

I sent them an email about a week ago regarding a deep carry for my 551 as well - I'm sure they are a bit backed up on the email chain. Just for giggles I'll call 'em up in a half hour and see how that goes, for I need to ask someone who actually works there if they have butterfly decals for car windows.

I think the fastest you can a deep pocket clip is to call them.
I heard before that you had to be coy and ask for a clip for a deep pocket knife that will fit your knife. But when I called, they were just straight up and it seems they get it that some of their customers prefer deep pocket clips.

I think the fastest you can a deep pocket clip is to call them.
I heard before that you had to be coy and ask for a clip for a deep pocket knife that will fit your knife. But when I called, they were just straight up and it seems they get it that some of their customers prefer deep pocket clips.

This is accurate. I just got off the phone with them(Cori from customer service), and holy moly, BM is helpful. I just asked them if I could buy a deep carry pocket clip for my 551 grippie and a few stickers to slap on the back of my truck, and she asked for contact information and said they'll be in there in a week.
Take care of your customers, and your customers will take care of you. This is why I'll stick with BM any day, 10/10. :thumbup:

Just a heads' up, their number is NOT a 1-800 (which is some shady travel survey). It can be found on their site.

This is accurate. I just got off the phone with them(Cori from customer service), and holy moly, BM is helpful. I just asked them if I could buy a deep carry pocket clip for my 551 grippie and a few stickers to slap on the back of my truck, and she asked for contact information and said they'll be in there in a week.
Take care of your customers, and your customers will take care of you. This is why I'll stick with BM any day, 10/10. :thumbup:

Just a heads' up, their number is NOT a 1-800 (which is some shady travel survey). It can be found on their site.

Did you buy the clip or did they send it to you? and great to know, I will call them then ^.^

Just give BKI a call, let them know what finish you want for the clip and for what model of knife you have. They will send it right out to you. That's what I did to get one for my 940 Osborne, just put it on earlier this evening. Much nicer then the original pocket clip.

My guess, is that not every designer likes a deep carry clip for their specific design. Another guess would be that not everyone likes deep carry clips, some people like to have some knife protruding from the pocket and have something to grab onto, rather than having to dig through a pocket.

Did you buy the clip or did they send it to you? and great to know, I will call them then ^.^
They send out the clips for free. (I'm sure they roll that into their total product cost, maybe even just part of warranty.

My guess, is that not every designer likes a deep carry clip for their specific design. Another guess would be that not everyone likes deep carry clips, some people like to have some knife protruding from the pocket and have something to grab onto, rather than having to dig through a pocket.

Now that you mention it, if I was a knife designer, I'd want my knife to be sticking out as much as possible for product placement.

Back