Benchmade and Deep carry pocket clips?

BM are awesome, I live in New Zealand. Whenever I've asked for deep carry clips, they always send extra screws as well as pivets/screws. On request they have sent out standoffs for my 710. I'm currently waiting polished clips, Omega springs and stand-offs for my 707.

Keep it up Benchmade!

Reactions: 353
I asked for 1 and they sent me 2, can’t beat that for CustomerService

I've requested several deep carry clips myself and presently have 2 on the way for my 2 940s. I prefer the standard parkerized split arrow for looks and retention, but I use the deep carry versions for several reasons. Foremost, it's more discrete--I'm in plenty of situations both for my work and socially where having an knife visibly in my pocket is a negative. Next I find it more comfortable to have the knife deeper in my pocket where it does not poke into my stomach when I'm sitting at a desk. Lastly, I think that the knife is more protected from scrapes and bumps when it's fully covered by the pocket material. I don't find it much, if any, slower to get the knife out. It's great BM provides them free of charge!

Got my first Benchmade in the mail today from their custom program (Mini-grip, Crimson Red grips, 154 cm sheepsfoot blade, black hardware). Deep carry clip wasn't an option on their custom page, which seems odd to me. You would think it would be part of their custom program- would save them money on shipping, etc if you just could order one when you spec'ed out/purchased the knife. So, I called them today, and they are sending me one.

FYI- they said they are pretty backed up now, and it can take up to 3 weeks to receive. Looking forward to getting the deep carry clip.

I called a few days ago and got some deep carry clips in the mail. Not the painted black.... But black oxide! I confirmed that the clip from the Boost will fit any standard 3 hole model. I was told they were moving away from painted clips in general...
I was also informed that they created a graveyard shift to help get orders out, as a software upgrade had them back logged.

Really really looking forward to replacing my painted deep carry clips.

kaCp7Se.jpg

You just have to be patient, just recieved this care package from Benchmade, also with the new oxide black deep carry.
Took a little while and I forgot they were coming, but when I saw the envelope in the mail, I got a big smile on my face.

Thank You Benchmade!

Last edited:
Like others have stated, you just have to email them! It took about two weeks to get an upgraded clip. But they send a ton! They sent me three deep carry, two black and one silver along with three other clips. The only complaint I have on the deep carry is the tension on it is not as strong as the original butter knife clip that came with my 940, but I am more then pleased with what they sent.

Sent an email hoping for an assortment of black non-deep-carry clips. My Adamas rides way too low in my pocket with the OEM deep-carry which makes it difficult to get at. My 9501 might look neat with a split-arrow on it, so we'll see what happens.

I called a few days ago and got some deep carry clips in the mail. Not the painted black.... But black oxide! I confirmed that the clip from the Boost will fit any standard 3 hole model. I was told they were moving away from painted clips in general...
I was also informed that they created a graveyard shift to help get orders out, as a software upgrade had them back logged.

Really really looking forward to replacing my painted deep carry clips.

That is awesome news. Glad they made the change.

I called Benchmade on Aug 7 regarding a deep carry clip. At the time, they said it would be about 3 weeks. I still haven't received it. Should I call them again at this point, or just keep waiting? I know some have mentioned waiting a long time, but not sure how long is long. I don't want to bug them over a free item, but it sure would be nice to have that deep carry clip...

Got my first Benchmade in the mail today from their custom program (Mini-grip, Crimson Red grips, 154 cm sheepsfoot blade, black hardware). Deep carry clip wasn't an option on their custom page, which seems odd to me. You would think it would be part of their custom program- would save them money on shipping, etc if you just could order one when you spec'ed out/purchased the knife. So, I called them today, and they are sending me one.

FYI- they said they are pretty backed up now, and it can take up to 3 weeks to receive. Looking forward to getting the deep carry clip.

Called Benchmade and asked for deep carry clips for a mini-grip and a 940. Took 2 weeks and they sent 4 clips plus screws. The 2 weeks was 1 week before the hurricane and 1 week after. Nice folks to deal with when you call.

Anyone knows when the clip that's on the bugout will be available for sending out as replacement clips?

Benchmade Benchmade ?

I emailed BM about clips on the 26th of August, and got emailed a zero-sum AR statement on the 2nd of September. After waiting a bit, I called BM on the 13th of September to check on my request. The representative told me they didn't have anything in their system for me, so she took my request over the phone. The clips were finally mailed out on the 25th of September.

After over a month of waiting, I finally got them...only to find out the Adamas deep-carry clip uses larger diameter screws than the normal clips, and they don't fit at all without drilling out the holes :rolleyes:

Back