benchmade mini ritter & large m-390

Did you order black or orange? I ordered large and small orange. Probably the orange mini is what was still in transit, based on the fact that KW's website doesn't have a pic of the orange mini yet. Obviously at least the black larges are shipping. ;)
I ordered the large w/ black scales so yes that makes sense...

Large black for me too! Have a cuscadi micarta scale waiting for it when it arrives!

Will this be an unlimited run? I'm so impressed with my new 710 that I'm going to order either the Knifeworks contego or a m390 mini grip. I'll probably end up getting both but can't decide whether to get the contego or mini grip 1st.

Its the standard steel on Ritter Grips going forward, so not limited.

Will this be an unlimited run? I'm so impressed with my new 710 that I'm going to order either the Knifeworks contego or a m390 mini grip. I'll probably end up getting both but can't decide whether to get the contego or mini grip 1st.

The fact that Doug's gone with M390 as stock is good news for many of us. We just moved, so I can't justify buying a Ritter right now and am glad there's no hurry! :thumbup:

Yet is there a reason why 204P could not be available through Benchmade? I would think that if they can do M390 they can do 204P, assuming there is enough available from Carpenter. Just wondering.

Just curious, why M390 and not CTS-204P? Essentially the same and USA sourced.

It's basically the same steel, they've used M390 exclusively and it might have been in stock. Maybe 204p is not available in quantity, hard to say and only Benchmade knows for sure.

Its the standard steel on Ritter Grips going forward, so not limited.

It is designated as 552-1401 and 558-1401. It is annual unlimited, it seems. WE will see at the end of year if KW continue to carry next year.

Me? I will get 552 this year. I'm not that excited about mini, because it is a bit too small for me.

Last edited:
It may be possible that Benchmade has solidified HT process and may have agreement with B-U for usingM390. I haven't seen Benchmade uses Carpenter steels so far.

Last edited:
It is designated as 552-1401 and 558-1401. It is annual unlimited, it seems. WE will see at the end of year if KW continue to carry next year.

Me? I will get 552 this year. I'm not that excited about mini, because it is a bit too small for me.

The S30V Ritters have been discontinuted. Doug Ritter posted the following in this thread:

M390 is our new standard blade steel.

Back