benchmade mini ritter & large m-390

Me? I will get 552 this year.
The S30V Ritters have been discontinuted.
True; but the good news is with most people opting for the new M390's we're going to (and already are) see an increase in the S30V models for sale on the exchange. In the last few days I've seen several in the sub-$100 range in like new condition which is a good deal in my book.

True; but the good news is with most people opting for the new M390's we're going to (and already are) see an increase in the S30V models for sale on the exchange. In the last few days I've seen several in the sub-$100 range in like new condition which is a good deal in my book.

Oh, as far as I'm concerned, this whole thing isn't good news, it's great news, and not just for Ritters or even for the broader category of all Grips. I think this will start to raise the floor for other knives as well. :thumbup:

Yes I have noticed that too. Some folks are selling cheap. Too bad, I didn't even need the new M390 Ritter that is on its way. A good time to get a great price on a S30V Ritter as folks try to finance their new M390. I'm keeping my 2-full sized and 1-mini S30V's, I love them!

I just recently sold a yellow mini Ritter in s30v for a pretty low price because I had just received a grail mini in M4 with Wilkins grips. Then the M390 was dangled in front of me, and like a raccoon seeing a shiny object, I was sucked in. My orange mini should be here tomorrow :D

Nice. Good to know it will be the New production. The model number threw me off.

Agreed. Though there have been multi-year knives numbered that way in the past, I think. A couple of the unlimited production REI knives were numbered that way.

Got mine in today also and threw on my Cuscadi scales. Here are some before and after pics.

SAM_1262_zpsabb10715.jpg

SAM_1263_zpse78784d2.jpg

SAM_1272_zpse4776485.jpg

Oh, as far as I'm concerned, this whole thing isn't good news, it's great news, and not just for Ritters or even for the broader category of all Grips. I think this will start to raise the floor for other knives as well. :thumbup:
I hope so. I carried my s30v Grip today. Looking forward to the m390 knife. First Benchmade I ve bought since the price adjustment.

I hope so. I carried my s30v Grip today. Looking forward to the m390 knife. First Benchmade I ve bought since the price adjustment.

Very nice... the worn look on the clip works well with the scales.

How punchy would you say the orange is? I've had an orange in the past and it was more like tangerine. I prefer it to be as close to safety orange as possible.

Got mine in today also and threw on my Cuscadi scales. Here are some before and after pics.

SAM_1272_zpse4776485.jpg

Very nice... the worn look on the clip works well with the scales.

How punchy would you say the orange is? I've had an orange in the past and it was more like tangerine. I prefer it to be as close to safety orange as possible.

Thanks. I used some steel wool on the clip to get that worn look.

As far as the orange, I have an S30V ritter in orange and the scales look identical in color to me. I'd say it looks more tangerine to me than safety orange. Here's a picture with the scales I removed today on the bottom (now with a 551 blade) and my S30V ritter on top for reference.

SAM_1274_zpsb21b44cc.jpg

Ordered a mini Ritter in M390. I think I'm gonna keep both my S230Vs for now.

Just got mine. It's completely free of blade-play, dead centered and smoother than butter! And the M390 blade is extremely sharp out of the box, I love how it cuts so aggressively :)

Last edited:
Back