Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

bMU1ooK.jpg

Dj02fz1.jpg

What kind of wrap do you have on the handle Lorien?

something that Keffeler uses a lot- Tsunami cord. Very nice stuff

I'd like to buy a CPK, but I just don't know how to make it happen. My patience and timing don't work with the CPK business model. I'll eventually buy my first CPK though.

I like Busse I have a few of them, I only buy INFI now. I like the SR101 steel for its edge holding and toughness, but I'm trying to remove as much corrosion from my life as possible. I only buy 3V and INFI knives (Busse doesn't do 3V). Either steel will corrode in certain conditions, but they are just easier to care for.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Fiddleback Forge Production Camp knife two days ago, but then a new Busse was offered in exactly the same size and with a finger choil (which I prefer). What timing.

I have to confess, however, that I also really like the 3V knives that I've purchased from the knife company whose name is not spoken here, with the initials BRK. I really like the almost full convex and find it both beautiful and very useful for my needs. The handles are also very good for the most part and fit me well. I don't like the attachment of the scales, however, and the grind lines are not always perfectly straight. But they work.

I saw somebody post pocket knives. I own several Benchmade folders with Axis locks and a Hinderer XM-18 Gen 6 which I just bought a couple months back. I love the Hinderer now that comes with three different pivot bearing systems. I also have the usual assortment of cheaper folders, Kershaw makes some good inexpensive stuff. I'm not a fan of the brand with the hole in the blade, but that's why there is variety.

I don't really have a big interest in folders anymore, I have 3 that I carry and I look at them as a use and discard type tool.

I'll try to post pics later.

Last edited:
I'd like to buy a CPK, but I just don't know how to make it happen. My patience and timing don't work with the CPK business model.

I like Busse I have a few of them, I only buy INFI now. I like the SR101 steel for its edge holding and toughness, but I'm trying to remove as much corrosion from my life as possible. I only buy 3V and INFI knives (Busse doesn't do 3V). INFI is actually my favorite of the two steels. Either steel will corrode in certain conditions, but they are just easier to care for.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Fiddleback Forge Production Camp knife two days ago, but then a new Busse was offered in exactly the same size and with a finger choil (which I prefer). What timing.

I have to confess, however, that I also really like the 3V knives that I've purchased from the knife company whose name is not spoken here, with the initials BRK. I really like the almost full convex and find it both beautiful and very useful for my needs. The handles are also very good for the most part and fit me well.

I saw somebody post pocket knives. I own several Benchmade folders with Axis locks and a Hinderer XM-18 Gen 6 which I just bought a couple months back. I love the Hinderer now that comes with three different pivot bearing systems. I also have the usual assortment of cheaper folders, Kershaw makes some good inexpensive stuff. I'm not a fan of the brand with the hole in the blade, but that's why there is variety.

I don't really have a big interest in folders anymore, I have 3 that I carry and I look at them as a use and discard type tool.

I'll try to post pics later.
Welcome, I think you may find Nathan's D3V is unlike those other guys 3V. Might have you rethinking what your favorite steel is.

As for how to get one? Go over to the buy sell trade thread and just say what model you are looking for, somebody may just have what you are looking for and are willing to part with it.

Welcome, I think you may find Nathan's D3V is unlike those other guys 3V. Might have you rethinking what your favorite steel is.

As for how to get one? Go over to the buy sell trade thread and just say what model you are looking for, somebody may just have what you are looking for and are willing to part with it.

When I'm ready to look for my next knife I may do it that way. I do especially appreciate the workmanship, style and design of the CPK blades. I understand that the quality is amazing. I don't think there is a better made knife out there. I'll obtain my first one eventually.

I pop in over here on the CPK section every so often to see whats happening and because I'd like to buy one if the right knife comes along, at the right time and the right price.

I edited my original post to better reflect my thoughts.

Last edited:
you are right about that, Bob! It's tough to track down images of Gay's work, (which I really enjoy). Fortunately I have one or two that I've pored over in the Darom books I got. I should check Coop's site...

do you have that knife, Bob?

Lorien,

I do indeed have the "Skate". I just shot those pics. Not sure Coop has any images by Rocha. In fact, he emailed me at the very time I was perusing the knife, which was for sale on a dealer site. He had seen it and sent me an email in case I hadn't, commenting that he bet it would be one that one interest me.

At that point, and having already mulled it around, I grabbed it.

we really gotta hang out some time

Hell, I don't even go to shows anymore hardly, at least you get away for those now and then. For me, it's a pain in the ass to fly. It literally hurts me. But hey, you have a pretty good idea from images I've sent you over the last ten years which directions my tastes go with knives. This one was certainly no exception.

Back