Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Nice to see you back around these parts.

I can't claim to speak for Dan AKA Grog, but I definitely whisper to that lunatic ;)

He and I talk a lot off the grid just like both you and I do but I don't blab on about the kinda private stuff that doesn't concern the CPK-Community on the open subforum but I felt that this topic does so very much, so here it goes:

Dan never entered sheath making to commercialize his hobby; that's exactly how it had started, i.e, out of passion since we have all gathered by now that he's got both the talent and the penchant for drawing. I really think that having accepted orders (never took any payment upfront from anyone, heck may have in fact shipped out a few sheaths without prior payment too!). Anywhooo... Falling behind with promises and many other personal matters sapped the juices / mojo outta the mofracky; killed his creativity and mojo... He even shied away and abstained from coming on here because he felt that he let so many people down so it was great to have heard from him yesterday and also when he came in here to say Hi, that was very positive IMO.

If Dan truly had to charge folks for the man-hours he pours into his projects, some of his sheaths may end up costing as much as the knives :D Welp, that's not practical either to sell several hundred $ sheaths by someone who really does not have the name recognition of some of the top tier well-known artisans, so what to do? If he makes the type of sheaths that many others also offer, what's the angle / advantage there? He's known for what he's known for, i.e, unique graphics and things that he inspires himself to do. I think that if Dan goes full blast commercial and then charge what he has been charging doing everything inefficiently by hand, I might as well get the spare bedroom all ready for his will-be-broke arse! Naw man, I ain't gonna shack up and feed any of your fargers on here no matter how much Ich Hab Dich Lieb!

So when dan told me that he just wants to make good on his way past due promises and then just make sheaths according to his own pace W/O taking any orders upfront, I ended up totally concurring with him. He may read all this and then tell me to go fark myself for talking too much, but so what? Who's gonna stop Unc. Matty? :p

Last edited:
This never gets carried but a favorite of mine because it is unusual and Zoee ( my little red head, golden retriever) found it while we were on a walk. I had it for several months before I realize the handle came off. I had just picked it up and put it in my pack thinking nothing of it. I was amazed at what I saw when the handle came off. Very nice surprise. It is old and I probably should have not polished it but.....here it is.

VTreIS9.jpg

qOSPuWN.jpg

ZwklOVF.jpg

xYYIdkS.jpg

LMInnSe.jpg

ddDjIjj.jpg

I can't claim to speak for Dan AKA Grog, but I definitely whisper to that lunatic ;)

He and I talk a lot off the grid just like both you and I do but I don't blab on about the kinda private stuff that doesn't concern the CPK-Community on the open subforum but I felt that this topic does so very much, so here it goes:

Dan never entered sheath making to commercialize his hobby; that's exactly how it had started, i.e, out of passion since we have all gathered by now that he's got both the talent and the penchant for drawing. I really think that having accepted orders (never took any payment upfront from anyone, heck may have in fact shipped out a few sheaths without prior payment too!). Anywhooo... Falling behind with promises and many other personal matters sapped the juices / mojo outta the mofracky; killed his creativity and mojo... He even shied away and abstained from coming on here because he felt that he let so many people down so it was great to have heard from him yesterday and also when he came in here to say Hi, that was very positive IMO.

If Dan truly had to charge folks for the man-hours he pours into his projects, some of his sheaths may end up costing as much as the knives :D Welp, that's not practical either to sell several hundred $ sheaths by someone who really does not have the name recognition of some of the top tier well-known artisans, so what to do? If he makes the type of sheaths that many others also offer, what's the angle / advantage there? He's known for what he's known for, i.e, unique graphics and things that he inspires himself to do. I think that if Dan goes full blast commercial and then charge what he has been charging doing everything inefficiently by hand, I might as well get the spare bedroom all ready for his will-be-broke arse! Naw man, I ain't gonna shack up and feed any of your fargers on here no matter how much Ich Hab Dich Lieb!

So when dan told me that he just wants to make good on his way past due promises and then just make sheaths according to his own pace W/O taking any orders upfront, I ended up totally concurring with him. He may read all this and then tell me to go fark myself for talking too much, but so what? Who's gonna stop Unc. Matty? :p
Go fark yourself.

I read it as an open invitation, was I wrong?

Back