Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I do have a number of Matt's knives, and I can attest to his creativity, attention to detail, and striving for perfection in all that he does. Plus he is a wickedly good guy that I am very happy to call my friend. Not always easy for a recluse like me.

I'm heading out the door, but will post a few knives a bit later. My avatar is one of Matt's choppers.

And Bob, that is one really fine blade from Ben. Love his work also. I was lucky enough to have its brother, the one James Williams cuts with, come my way. Mike

I don't want to let this topic fizzle without drawing attention to Mr Gregory's forum hilariousness.. His "cousins-sisters-brothers-son-of-son-of-exactimundo" post is one of my all time favorites. I've read it several times just for entertainment factor.

Link?
I don't want to let this topic fizzle without drawing attention to Mr Gregory's forum hilariousness.. His "cousins-sisters-brothers-son-of-son-of-exactimundo" post is one of my all time favorites. I've read it several times just for entertainment factor.
I have never read that

As promised, here are a few of Matt's knives. I tried to show a bit of a cross section.
Matt took the first picture.
The second picture is by SharpbyCoop and includes a whip with matching koa from Heather Newland.
I took the last three pictures with my severely less than acceptable abilities.
Hope I didn't go overboard here. Mike

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Oh poop. I'm using a new photo host and just realized that I could have shown these pictures in a larger format.

Last edited:
THE "WARENSKI KHUKURI" ACQUISITION

One of the finest pieces of art in metal ever made, the Warenski Khukuri (about 27" long) - perhaps one of the top five Warenskis ever created - was offered for sale at the Art Knife Invitational (AKI) in 1997 and since then, few people have had the opportunity to see it. However, it has just been acquired by buddy Dan Favano. I was lucky enough to be contacted by Dan with a few questions about it that I hope assisted Dan in his decision to advance discussions about the possibilities, and the end result was the magnificent Warenski Khukuri entering the Favano collection, one of the very finest of knife collections in America, first announced here on the CPK subforum:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg
[/IMG]
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
THE "WARENSKI KHUKURI" ACQUISITION

One of the finest pieces of art in metal ever made, the Warenski Khukuri (about 27" long) - perhaps one of the top five Warenskis ever created - was offered for sale at the Art Knife Invitational (AKI) in 1997 and since then, few people have had the opportunity to see it. However, it has just been acquired by buddy Dan Favano. I was lucky enough to be contacted by Dan with a few questions about it that I hope assisted Dan in his decision to advance discussions about the possibilities, and the end result was the magnificent Warenski Khukuri entering the Favano collection, one of the very finest of knife collections in America, first announced here on the CPK subforum:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg
[/IMG]
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Wow! What a work of art. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing Bob.

Wow! What a work of art. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing Bob.

I would have much rather said: Here! Here! As in if that masterful piece was here with me but I'm way too poor for a jewel like that Warenski Kukri, hence the correct way of extolling my approval is: Hear! Hear! :D

Back