Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Is that the 711 or 911? Either way did it come with that ugly "choil" gap thingy towards the handle? If so how did you get rid of it? I like the way yours looks..

The edge was completely reprofiled to a nasty convex. It took the edge back some and that's why you don't notice the weird choil in it. It's there just not as much as it was in the beginning.

The handles are really small on those 511's.

My tastes change but at least for right now I like:

Survive! Knives
Big Chris customs
Pukkoos and lueko's
Lt wright
Battle horse knives
Swamp rat knives
Beckers and kabars

Oh man and spydercos.

I may have a problem.

Speaking of Swamp Rat, there is a Mini Vex with a custom sheath for sale on the exchange. The seller is top notch too.

It was an 1111 and that may be in your truck lol

When I saw the picture, it was like, well unless Kyle has two of those I believe that one looks awfully familiar :D

The edge was completely reprofiled to a nasty convex. It took the edge back some and that's why you don't notice the weird choil in it. It's there just not as much as it was in the beginning.

I hadn't realized that it originally came with the choil. You did a good job on the reprofile, and I definitely prefer your grind to the original. My boy wailed on that thing while we were camping this spring, it is hell for stout.

RWvK4Pj.jpg

PnPR8hf.jpg

No, I just realized that that was the 1111 not 911.. the 911 and 711 have that giant pointless ugly choil thingy that I cant stand. I love the knife otherwise 911 that is. Would be perfect if it came without the coating and a better edge. I can get one and reprofile the edge, but I cant stand that choil. I could push the whole edge up, but Im losing the width of the blade, which I dont want to do..

No, I just realized that that was the 1111 not 911.. the 911 and 711 have that giant pointless ugly choil thingy that I cant stand. I love the knife otherwise 911 that is. Would be perfect if it came without the coating and a better edge. I can get one and reprofile the edge, but I cant stand that choil. I could push the whole edge up, but Im losing the width of the blade, which I dont want to do..

Maybe look for one of the swamprats. They've got a 9" model like the 911, but the choil is rounded. Swamprat does choils right IMO.

I have been eyeing the bottom two for a while.

Had several of the top one in my time ;)

The Garberg is very nice, despite the price point. It was a gift from a friend and has a nice heft to it! The FB Camp Knife is a beast of a knife and would make for a very substantial "one knife".

The Garberg is very nice, despite the price point. It was a gift from a friend and has a nice heft to it! The FB Camp Knife is a beast of a knife and would make for a very substantial "one knife".

Yes, that FB camp is a large well designed knife. I have 1 and also the Duke. Both are great camp knives and I prefer the Duke for elk camp. Love the handles on those FB production knives.

One of the great questions of our time....

Micarta or G10?

Why not have both?

IMG_0500.JPG

She is a Shirogorov F3 Custom Division, black G10 scales with black micarta inlay.

Blade and fasteners are two tone, peened with a fine satin polish.

And cause CS is still in the mindset factory edges suck....

IMG_0502.JPG

Decent polish, shaving sharp S90V.

Probably going in the books as my favourite Shiro I own.

Buttery, glass smooth action (roller bearings) and flawless lock release.

Thank you Ivan for snagging this one on my behalf. You guessed it would be right for me, and you couldn't have been more correct!

Micarta or G10?

Why not have both?

View attachment 740085

She is a Shirogorov F3 Custom Division, black G10 scales with black micarta inlay.

View attachment 740089

Thank you Ivan for snagging this one on my behalf. You guessed it would be right for me, and you couldn't have been more correct!
Hoooo boy.. Mr. Fournier, you have planted a shiro seed in my brain.. I can feel it growing. I'm sure it won't be long now.. that micarta looks perfect for that knife.

Micarta or G10?

Why not have both?

View attachment 740085

View attachment 740089

Not all factory edges suck, but I am on the record for saying that some CRK factory edges suck for knives in that price range. That said, obtuse edge angles are not just an affliction exclusive to CRK.

That said, the photo you have taken makes your bevel look uneven the way that the light is shining off of it. I thought that you were an attention to details kinda guy?!

Not all factory edges suck, but I am on the record for saying that some CRK factory edges suck for knives in that price range. That said, obtuse edge angles are not just an affliction exclusive to CRK.

That said, the photo you have taken makes your bevel look uneven the way that the light is shining off of it. I thought that you were an attention to details kinda guy?!
...aaaaand FIGHT!!!... :p

Back