BEST ALL-AROUND TACTICAL FOLDER

ANYONE WHO CAN TELL ME:
1.BEST ALL-AROUND TACTICAL FOLDER
2.BEST TACTICAL FOLDER IN PERFORMANCE VS. PRICE
3 BEST TACTICAL FOLDER IN LOW PRICE

THANKS A LOT!

You will probably get a hundred different answers to that.

You would probably get a hundred different answers if you asked for a definition of a "tactical" folder, too.

Personal preferences (blade design, tip-up/tip-down carry, handle material, size, blade steel, lock mechanism, plain vs combo vs serrated edge-for example) shape all of our perceptions of what is "best".

That said, my personal favorite is the Benchmade AFCK.
If offered with an Axis lock (which would make it ambidextrous) w/tip-up carry, it would be MY idea of perfection.

btw, as long as we are talking about production knives (which are usually "reasonably" priced), I don't think price should be a huge issue when you're talking about something that you will carry and use daily. If you go cheap, you'll probably just end up buying that one you really wanted later, anyway
wink.gif

1. AFCK
2. AFCK
3. Spyderco Wayne Goddard ltwt.

Those are of the knives I own. Can't comment on ones I haven't tried.
My .02.

[This message has been edited by OwenM (edited 11-01-2000).]

Originally posted by Wenhong:
ANYONE WHO CAN TELL ME:

THANKS A LOT!

I'll take a stab at it.

1. Custom Crawford KFF

2. Microtech LCC

3. Columbia River KFF

This is merely my opinion but that is subject to change at any moment.

------------------
Dennis Bible

You'd probably get as many opinions as there are forumites. For what its worth, my personal 'best' list in each category would be:

1. Custom Crawford Point Guard
Custom Carson Model 4
Custom Terzuola ATCF

2. MicroTech LCC (no contest, at least for me)

3. CRKT Mirage and M16.

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

[This message has been edited by redvenom (edited 11-01-2000).]

Ho hum.

1) Spyderco Wegner
2) Benchmade Pinnacle/MonoLock
3) Spyderco Endura

Wenhong, welcone to the Forums
smile.gif

As to best folder (or each other knife) I can say certainly - this one doesn't exist like doesn't exist the best gun, the best car or the best wife
biggrin.gif

If this would be differently all people would want and buy this "the best" knife and no one would buy any other. It would be so sad
frown.gif

OK, now seriously. You didn't specify price range, it is pretty difficult to obtain reliable results comparing $300+ knife advantages with $30 ones.

Even within given price range (for ex. between $50 and $100) the choice depends on very many different factors:
  • What are law regulations concerning knife carry in your jurisdiction.
  • Are you right-handed, lefty or ambidextrous?
  • What handle materials do you prefer?
  • What opening device do you like: hole, stud, disk or something else?
  • What carry mode do you prefer: sheath carry or clipping the knife, in pocket or in the waistband?
  • etc., etc., etc.
I'm afraid nobody can decide in your place, you must do your job yourself
wink.gif

Just to do not leave you without any practical advice at all: take your look onto BENCHMADE, CRKT, KERSHAW and SPYDERCO tactical folders. Certainly you can find something what will match your requirements.

1. Terzuola ATCF

2. Microtech LCC

3. CRKT Crawford KFF

BM 710
Commander (with the bugs worked out)
insert your preference here ____

------------------
"I am not, really."

Welcome to the forums. One knife will fit all 3 of your categories- Microtech LCC. Truly an incredible knife for the money. Good luck on your search.

1. Spyderco Mil CPM 440V
2. Benchmade 710 M2
3. Spyderco Endura ATS-55

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tenneson
Ranger motto

1. Darrel Ralph Large Apogee.

2. The Benchmade 710HS.

3. The CRK&T Point Guard.

1. Any MT OTF
2. BM 710hs, REKAT Sifu, or REKAT Pocket Hobbit
3. CRKT KFF, Point Guard, or M16; or if you check the for sale forums, you can often find a mini-AFCK for around $50.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"I have often laughed at the weaklings who call themselves kind because they have no claws"

- Zarathustra

1. Large Apogee
2. AFCK in M2
3. Spyderco Native with 440V

------------------
I don't suffer from insanity ... I enjoy every moment of it

This is not a black and white issue. There are many top-notch customs. Any of which, could be the "best". A lot this depends on which qualities you prefer within the class. The custom makers mentioned all make very good knives with subtle differences among them that may tip the scales slightly one way or the other depending on exactly what qualities you value.

The Benchmade AFCK (in M-2 High Speed Steel - HSS) offers a huge "bang for buck". The Micro-Tech LCC seems to be in the same class for overall good value and high quality.

This is the easy one
wink.gif
Any of the Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) custom collaborations. I would give a slight edge to the Crawford knives but, the Carson "Flipper" M-16 is a solid winner as well. All the CRKT custom collaborations are solid using knives, pick the one with the qualities you value most.

Stay Sharp,
Sid

What I carry:

Micro Tech mini socom

Benchmade mini AFCK in M2 steel

Al Mar SERE 2000

CRK&T M16-03 and a M16-13

Buck 532 in BG-42 (not really a "tactical" but sharp as hell and very good blade geomitry)

and a few other various and sundry makes and models
rolleyes.gif
, sooo I am a knife knut!

------------------
Ron,
Bremerton, Washington

Back