Best "budget" knife to leave in my truck!

I always have at least one of my EDC folders on me. I've got Spyderco, BM and ZT among others. For fixed blades I tend to collect semi-customs like Half Face, Toor, etc. At the moment though, I'd really like to have a fixed blade knife that I can leave in my truck all of the time. The trouble is, I don't want to leave any of my good knives in the truck, as all of those are hard to replace (not just $$, but they're always sold out). I live in the Orlando area, so it would have to be something with decent corrosion resistance, and I'd like to have a good quality steel (3v, 30v, 35vn, etc.). Is there anything out there in the $100 to $150 range that I can leave in the truck, and if it gets stolen, can be easily replaced?

Thanks

LOL. It's a 2020 Silverado 1500 LT. Not the most expensive model, but definitely not the cheapest. Not sure why that matters though?
I asses your lost.
So with that truck you can easily left most expensive Gonzo
or cheapest Sebenza.

For a fixed blade, I would look at the usual culprits: Becker, Ontario, or maybe an old Ka-bar off the auction site. The main problem as I see it, is the heat causing delamination when the handle slab glue breaks down. Beckers are screw-together, and the blades are coated, which is why I thought of them.

TOPS Knives has some interesting offerings, if you're looking for something different.

I'm not sure why you would want a folding knife to live in your truck, but if that's the case, I would have to have a bit more of a think about that. The Expat Medellin or a RAT-1 or -2 might work.....

I would go with the Esee 3. They have both 1095 (high carbon) or Stain resistant S35V. These are in your price range.

Rich K.

Although I don’t own one, I’ve heard good things about Bradford Knives. You have options in steels and scale materials.

The scales screw on so no worries about heat messing up anything.

They are a production knife so easily replaceable.

Back