Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

OEtFjEa.jpg

Pretty dang good seasonal from Kona.

Last edited:
Had a pleasant afternoon at Leeds Beer Festival (http://www.leeds-camra.com/leeds-beer-festival/4567790940) with my Lambsfoot :) Beers I sampled included Salamander Rain Maker (4%), a light golden ale, Blue Bee Ginger Beer (4.5), Tiny Rebel IPA (5.5), Zapato Zapample-mousse (5.5), a very tasty, fruity IPA, Harrogate Brewery Kursaaal Imperial Stout (7.5), and Brass Castle Disruptor (7.4), an IPA. It's rare, I come across a beer I don't like, but I had a mouthful of Lymestone Brewery's Cherry Stone, and tipped it down the sink! o_O Sadly, I forgot to get pics of the great pies (http://www.pieeyed.co.uk/pies/)! ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 920603

View attachment 920608

Sounds like a great time, Jack! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a terrific outing, Jack.

I'm trying something a bit different this evening.

psdo7Mn.jpg

Oh, that looks interesting. I've tried their root beer, but never their birch. I didn't even know it existed. Worth seeking out?

And, that's a lovely lambsfoot you've got there. :)

OEtFjEa.jpg

Pretty dang good seasonal from Kona.

Looking good, Taylor. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I tried another IPA from Eel River while we were camping in McArthur-Burney Falls State Park:

nBS3KAMh.jpg

Oh, that looks interesting. I've tried their root beer, but never their birch. I didn't even know it existed. Worth seeking out?

Thank you, my friend. I dig that bottle opener you are sporting their. Of course, the knives and beer are cool too. ;)

I rather enjoyed the Birch Beer. I am still trying to place some of the flavors, I will need to drink more I think. Which shouldn't be a problem, it was rather delicious.

20180608_140034.jpg

According Bavarian purity laws only German knives can be displated with German beer.
I was expecting this Franzikaner to be a lot more dunkel than this.I like how the Pumas colour matches the brew. TGIF.

Thank you, my friend. I dig that bottle opener you are sporting their. Of course, the knives and beer are cool too. ;)

I rather enjoyed the Birch Beer. I am still trying to place some of the flavors, I will need to drink more I think. Which shouldn't be a problem, it was rather delicious.

Thanks Dylan. That opener is a souvenir from a trip to Charleston, SC a couple of Labor Days ago. We thought we were going to have to weather a hurricane, so we bought that opener (which also has a corkscrew), a bottle of wine, some cheese and salami (and a bunch of water and other responsible provisions) and settled in. It lives in my travel bag because it doesn't have a foil cutter and is TSA-approved for carry on. Coincidentally, that was also the first trip I took with that Camillus 72. I spent quite a bit of time whittling with it on a second floor porch while the storm (the worst missed us) blew over. It's been my favorite whittling knife ever since.

Thanks for your thoughts on the birch beer. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Sounds like a terrific outing, Jack.

I'm trying something a bit different this evening.

psdo7Mn.jpg

I enjoyed it Dylan :) Much better than when beer festivals here were full of boorish drunken men in tweed jackets waving tankards around! :D ;) :thumbsup:

That looks very interesting, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts on it :) Great pic of your Lambsfoot too :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great time, Jack! :thumbsup:

Looking good, Taylor. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I tried another IPA from Eel River while we were camping in McArthur-Burney Falls State Park:

nBS3KAMh.jpg

It was fun Greg :) I too like your bottle-opener, and that's a cool story behind it :thumbsup:

I had to pick up a package from the post office today, which turned out to be a jiffy bag, which I was surprised to find contained an unbroken bottle of beer, and a letter from my pal Ewan. Ewan is a very talented Scottish folk musician, and had picked up the beer in Belgium...

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 6-5.JPG

It's an aged bottle of St. Bernadus Prior Sixtus 8, a highly-rated 8% Dubbel. I'm not sure what this well-travelled beer will taste like, but since Ewan's letter also contained the good news that he'll be a dad in a few months, I'll put the old bottle away to rest, and eventually, to celebrate :) :thumbsup:

I have other beers to sip at this evening ;) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had to pick up a package from the post office today, which turned out to be a jiffy bag, which I was surprised to find contained an unbroken bottle of beer, and a letter from my pal Ewan. Ewan is a very talented Scottish folk musician, and had picked up the beer in Belgian...

View attachment 921183

It's an aged bottle of St. Bernadus Prior Sixtus 8, a highly-rated 8% Dubbel. I'm not sure what this well-travelled beer will taste like, but since Ewan's letter also contained the good news that he'll be a dad in a few months, I'll put the old bottle away to rest, and eventually, to celebrate :) :thumbsup:

I have other beers to sip at this evening ;) :thumbsup:

Wow, that's cool, Jack! I've had a St. Bernardus before, and they are a great Belgian style abbey ale. I imagine that one from the 80s will be even more full of complexity than a fresher abbey ale. Definitely update us when you do get a taste! I'd love to hear the details.

Wow, that's cool, Jack! I've had a St. Bernardus before, and they are a great Belgian style abbey ale. I imagine that one from the 80s will be even more full of complexity than a fresher abbey ale. Definitely update us when you do get a taste! I'd love to hear the details.

I think it will be a special occasion Joshua :) I'll try to take some tasting notes ;) :thumbsup:

Wow, Jack, what a cool gift to have received and what a great friend your pal Ewan must be for giving it. Thanks for sharing the story. :thumbsup:

Wow, Jack, what a cool gift to have received and what a great friend your pal Ewan must be for giving it. Thanks for sharing the story. :thumbsup:

Thanks Greg :) He moved down to the south of England a few years back, so I don't see him as often as I'd like to now :( I'll have to go visit when the baby is born :thumbsup:

He has a pretty good singing voice :thumbsup:

Had a pleasant afternoon at Leeds Beer Festival (http://www.leeds-camra.com/leeds-beer-festival/4567790940) with my Lambsfoot :) Beers I sampled included Salamander Rain Maker (4%), a light golden ale, Blue Bee Ginger Beer (4.5), Tiny Rebel IPA (5.5), Zapato Zapample-mousse (5.5), a very tasty, fruity IPA, Harrogate Brewery Kursaaal Imperial Stout (7.5), and Brass Castle Disruptor (7.4), an IPA. It's rare, I come across a beer I don't like, but I had a mouthful of Lymestone Brewery's Cherry Stone, and tipped it down the sink! o_O Sadly, I forgot to get pics of the great pies (http://www.pieeyed.co.uk/pies/)! ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 920603

Looks like you had a great day Jack. :thumbsup: I was thinking of going myself but couldn't be bothered with all the train problems :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

A rather non-descript golden ale tonight.
lRC0Ota.jpg

Back