Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

That's a remarkable looking drinking vessel GT:D looks like screw-top, just right for taking in the car with you, and one for the road:eek: Kind of mason jar??

Thanks, Will

Austin beer works blood orange ipa
0A4B161F-09AF-4F25-85AA-97A46D4B3708.jpg

Friends, a toast today to those who have fallen in the pursuit of just causes big and small, known and unknown, wherever they may be.

QJM7kzJh.jpg

Irish mule in the copper cup; Western L48B beside.

That's a good toast Greg :thumbsup:

That's a remarkable looking drinking vessel GT:D looks like screw-top, just right for taking in the car with you, and one for the road:eek: Kind of mason jar??

Thanks, Will
Thanks, Will. :) It is like a 1-pint Mason or Ball canning jar with a handle (although the side of the jar just above the bottom bears the warning "Not for Home Canning"). I've been using a jar like this for my beer each night at supper for years; keep it in the freezer when not in use. I have screw-top lids I can use on it, but I rarely do. I even take it along when we leave town for vacation for a week or two each year; beer just doesn't taste as good without my special container! :rolleyes:
(I wonder if there's nostalgia involved, that it reminds me of the big glass mugs in which we'd get root beer as kids at the root beer based drive-ins like A&W or Dog-n-Suds.)

Here's another pic of the vessel for your enjoyment, Will. ;)
rm6OWJo.jpg

- GT

20180530_153503.jpg

The Lord Nelson claims to be Sydneys oldest pub. Its so old I can remember celebrating my 30th there just after they started one of the first micro breweries.
Three Sheets is a winner. In keeping with the nautical theme are the Mako and rope cut Schrade trapper.

The mix n match 6 pack. What a great concept.
Every Australian knows of the Endeavour and Lieutenant Commander James Cook
What many are unaware of is that Frenchman La Perouse landed only weeks after.
The ramshorn RAT stockman highlights the fact Australia has more sheep than New Zealand.
20180530_162502.jpg

Back