Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I still have a few Oktoberfest beers left (Leinie and Sam Adams). I don't think I've ever stockpiled enough (and had enough self-control to ration them out) to still have Oktoberfest brews left at the end of February! Having a bottle of Oktoberfest on February 29 is a doubly-rare event for me!
samadams.octfest.chili.sabot.jpeg

- GT

A “Taylor Beer” Jack Black Jack Black it’s been a while definitely have been drinking Coors.

dR7heLd.jpeg

I recently bought a 6-pack of this old "local" favorite stout from Bell's Brewery:

Here's a close-up of the label. I never realized that Kalamazoo Stout had the same '88 birth year as my daughter. And I have no idea what brewer's licorice is, even though I've drunk my fair share of beer over the past 50+ years.

Here's the back label with a description of the stout. I've never noticed a "significant hop presence".

- GT

I still have a few Oktoberfest beers left (Leinie and Sam Adams). I don't think I've ever stockpiled enough (and had enough self-control to ration them out) to still have Oktoberfest brews left at the end of February! Having a bottle of Oktoberfest on February 29 is a doubly-rare event for me!
View attachment 2515723

- GT
Not sure what looks better. The chili or the knife?

Not sure what looks better. The chili or the knife?
Thanks; that's a tough call. 🤓
I usually say I've never had a bowl of chili I didn't enjoy. I seldom put shredded cheese on top of a bowl of chili, but for some reason I did that evening and it was fantastic!
The knife is a French tonneau (barrel) knife with a big sheepsfoot blade and oak covers. I'm very fond of that knife!

- GT

This is a very old photo, and the Centennial IPA cans look different now. I usually keep some Centennial IPA in the fridge in the basement for visitors, but I'm not really an IPA fan myself. But I recently decided I should drink a can of IPA once a week so that my "stock on hand" doesn't get too old since we don't have HUGE numbers of visitors.

- GT

Back