Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

1ZFY6ct.mp4

My wife gave me a couple of 4-packs of this Founders Imperial Stout for Christmas. Most recently, I enjoyed a bottle with my supper Thursday night.
KBS.impstout.far.jpeg

Here's a close-up of the front label:
KBS.impstout.near.jpeg
I think the KBS comes from Kentucky Breakfast Stout, which was "The Original Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels" that Founders made. I don't know who The Amazing Kosmicki is. IIRC, KBS used to have quite a cult following when Founders brewed only relatively small quantities that were available only at the brewery for a very short time (kind of like the GEC marketing model). The barrels in which KBS was aged used to be stored in former gypsum mines underneath Grand Rapids. I don't know if that's still the case, but I think the KBS is much more available now, although still quite pricey.
KBS.label.jpeg

The stout is not as thick as the 10W30 oil I always used to use in my vehicles, but it's pretty rich!

- GT

20240211_165337.jpg
I chose the Jeffersons.. gifted to me by The Countess...
Hey Mitch... mitch13 mitch13 I haven't had a decent Tooheys Old 'black' for a long time...But I always thought it was Kent Old
' brown' in your neck o the woods....do they still make it??

View attachment 2491239
I chose the Jeffersons.. gifted to me by The Countess...
Hey Mitch... mitch13 mitch13 I haven't had a decent Tooheys Old 'black' for a long time...But I always thought it was Kent Old
' brown' in your neck o the woods....do they still make it??
Nice.
Nah black was more popular, still my favourite tap beer. You know I haven't seen brown on tap for awhile. I'll have to keep an eye out.

I had one of these with my meal Saturday evening. The brewery is located in Comstock Park, MI, a northern suburb of Grand Rapids, the city I live in; don't confuse Comstock Park with Comstock, MI, a suburb of Kalamazoo about 65 miles south of Comstock Park, and the original home of the more famous Bell's brewery.
I think this is the front of the can:
perrin.blackale.front.jpeg
and this is the back label:
perrin.blackale.back.jpeg

The Perrin Brewing Company seems to me to be prejudiced against dark beers, as indicated by the description under the words "Black Ale" in the preceding photo. Further evidence of my claim of prejudice is given by this slogan along the top of the can:
perrin.blackale.slogan.jpeg
"Dark YET Drinkable" as if all other dark beers are NOT drinkable???

I'll also note that I once tried another Perrin product called Blonde Porter. It was a pretty good porter, but "blonde" (actually amber) in color. What's the point?
perrin.blondeporter.rear.jpg

Anyway, the Black Ale tastes OK despite the "snide comments" about dark beer.

- GT

I had one of these old favorites with my supper last night. I think I prefer Extra Stout to the "regular" Guinness Stout, but I haven't done a recent comparison, so I don't remember why I like Extra Stout better. Something is apparently wrong with the way I pour bottles from this 6-pack of Extra Stout because I'm ending up with a huge "root beer float" type head on all 4 bottles I've had so far. (And I'm sure that's NOT the reason I prefer Extra Stout.)
guinness.xtrastout.bruckmann.jpeg
guinness.xtrastout.back.jpeg

- GT

Back