Big Announcement ............Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new-ish around this forum and have not posted as often as others, but feel like this warrants more voices. There are hundred/thousands of knife makers in the world. If we stick strictly to design discussion, I would say "most" of their designs do not appeal to me for one reason or another. That's because I am one person, with one opinion. They stay in business because they make what they are passionate about and sell to others that share that passion. Everyone wins. There are so many makers with so many ideas, that there is always something new catching my eye. I have a ton I could write on this subject, but figure it will just get scrolled over so I will leave with this:

If you coach your team on the whims of the fans in the stands, it wont be long before you join them....

Busse has been doing it for 30+ yrs. They produce knives of both quality and variety and I think they should continue to make what they want! I look forward to next Wednesday, or any day that sees a new or re-imagined design!

I lurk here, I don't post much at all, but I am a Busse fan and I buy them and support them.

I'm still waiting for some of the questions to be addressed tbh.

I'm curious if Jerry said criticism is not allowed? frankly I was shocked at his reply.

I guess I'll toss in my .02, and say that since I've been buying Busse knives I've had a blast !!!! I was out of the hobby so long and Busse Combat brought me back in and it's been awesome !!!! I may not buy every knife that comes down the pike but I sure would like too. Busse Combat between the great people there, all the people here and the shows, plus the awesome knives it's all just great fun. I could go on and on about how much fun I've had since being a Busse Customer. With that being said I'd like to give a big thank you to Jerry and his crew for making it all possible !!!!
Thank you !!!!!! I truly enjoy this community and all Jerry and his crew do for us !!!

FWIW, I don't think most folks criticism is negative per se, more of a I really wish this had been X, rather than Y which, depending on how posted, can come across as negative. When really, it's more of an "awww, shucks, Charlie Brown" kind of disappointment moment.

I will only say that I understand, it's hard to be patient. We all want what we want, and can't understand why we can't have it NOW. (Even though we know why we can't)

Great post and perfect response from Jerry!

I couldn't believe the amount of MEN whinging like little GIRLS. Appauling.

Personally i believe the WTF will be a legendary blade in Busse history and can not wait to have it in my hands. Thanks Jerry and crew for another bad ass blade!

Now that this is all settled and we will not see any more cry babies in the future,

LET'S DRINK!

One of the great things about Jerry and his crew at Busse Combat knives is that, instead of selling a few plain vanilla models that appeal to the widest possible audience (which he could do and do very well at), he is not afraid to give free reign to his imagination and offer his unique creations to those of us lucky enough to have discovered (for ourselves) this (sometimes apparently mad - See "Nuclear Seahorse") genius. This is an unusual business model in that it deliberately forgoes a mass customer base and seeks to sell his limited edition creations to what is invariably a sub-set of his 'followers'. Not every Hog, Piglet, Dog, Rat or surfing passer-by will need, want, have use for or be able to afford his latest masterpiece. Some will have relatively wide appeal and some won't, 'nature of the beast' as it were, an inevitable result of his unique approach to making and selling his knives.
I personally find quite disturbing the apparent need to 'defend' a man that doesn't need it and stifle 'dissent' which seems to be defined as 'Anyone that doesn't agree with me'. Jerry has been very successful at all this for a very long time and is a big boy. He can take criticism and has even shown response to suggestions made as to what he might offer in future releases. The very purpose of this and, really, any forum is the free exchange of ideas. A place to have discussions and offer opinions. Free speech is not free and I am not speaking of our folks in uniform. We are free to speak our minds but must accept the consequences of our actions. I will express my opinion, accept that not everyone will agree with me, do my best to avoid disparaging those that do disagree, and try not to think much less of those that sound like trolls. I like to think of that aproach as being something resembling a mature adult. YMMV
Pete

......HEAR, HEAR!!!!:thumbup:

I'll bottom line this for those who are confused.

Constructive criticism is always welcome here. . .

If you are unable to do this without putting other people down in the process, then either keep quiet or go away.

Let's get back to having some fun!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back