Bitchfest: September, 2023 Edition: Have At It!

Anyone keeping scores? Who's winning the biatchfest? Nathan never ceases toe amaze me, what a salient and wise response from such a cool, calm and understanding fella! Fooque, it was me with that much knowledge, I would've already self detonated responding to the nonsense but since I can not hand him an award for winning the biatchfest, I need another winner. Can't be me either, because that would be like favoritism 😜

Are we still bitching? I want to ad in. Those damn MC dek3s were mentioned already.

My second issue is that I'll turn 38 this month, and for the life of me I can't explain why I'm still so pretty. Gets frustrating needing to explain to everyone that I chose not to become a famous actor or model to live a life of modest knife acquisition and rediculous impulse buys. All paid for by my sugar mommas mind you, but still.

Also, my cpk duffle bag is getting too heavy. It's super annoying to move around these days.

My second issue is that I'll turn 38 this month, and for the life of me I can't explain why I'm still so pretty. Gets frustrating needing to explain to everyone that I chose not to become a famous actor or model to live a life of modest knife acquisition and rediculous impulse buys. All paid for by my sugar mommas mind you, but still.

Are we still bitching? I want to ad in. Those damn MC dek3s were mentioned already.

Also, my cpk duffle bag is getting too heavy. It's super annoying to move around these days.
You’re lucky, you can fit all yours in one bag.

And I’m 43 and just I keep on getting better looking every year. It makes me feel so bad having to reject all the people hitting on me.

You sound like My wife trying to do an impersonation of "me".

Haha. :/

Murat,

Calm down buddy. Please don't read this the wrong way, you remind me of my brother who is one of my favorite people in this world. He has Asperger's which is on the autism spectrum. He sometimes misreads people and he also does not communicate well and people misread him. I think that's happening right now.

You remind me a little bit of Cliff Stamp. And if you know my opinion of that man, you know that's a compliment.

He was usually right but sometimes he was wrong and could not see it.

I know for certain there is a ton of stuff that I don't know.

And occasionally something that you say will get outside of the area where I can say with confidence that I know what I'm talking about.

The difference in hardness between 61 and 62 is not doubling in hardness. It is not a perfectly linear scale but it's not logarithmic either. It's not as dramatic a jump as I think you believe it might be.

But I'm pretty sure that I know more about the subject than you or Blue Max. I'm an educated professional who has put a significant amount of time and energy into this, and we currently hold the national and world cutting championship which is the first time a manufacturer has held either one and the first time anyone has held both at the same time in a long time. We know what we're talking about here. I appreciate your enthusiasm but Blue Max is not some dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about and he has valid points and you are being hostile. There's no need for the hostility brother. This is a low drama zone and Max is a really cool dude.

Magnacut is not a stainless 4V. They don't behave in a similar manner, they do not heat treat in the same way, and they do not even harden through all of the same mechanisms. 3v is a lot more like 4v than magna cut. And cruwear even more so. Magna cut is not a stainless 4V. It just isn't. It's a brilliant steel but in pretty much every meaningful way it really is not similar to 4V and it would not be as competitive in Blade sports as 3v or cruwear. Believe me what I'm telling you here dude, I know what I'm talking about.

The edge stability of my optimized 3v is damn close to that of a simple steel. 4v would probably be more to your liking but I doubt you will see much benefit to magna cut. It is more stainless and it has somewhat higher wear resistance but if you're looking for edge stability (or enhanced edge retention from higher edge stability), my 3V is not half bad, and magna cut is not 4v. Like Blue Max said, the difference is really not going to be as great as I think you are expecting it to be.

Thanks for the kind response. I appreciate it.

It is interesting to hear that MC is not stainless 4V. As I have said earlier, I was not completely convinced that it is and need to see more data and evidence to say it is. It might well not be and I would not be surprised. Is it still a great steel even if not stainless 4V? yes I agree that it is.

If 4V was an option I would choose it for DEK3 or CruWear before thinking about MC. But 4V and CruWear was never on the cards. Actually, I asked Jo if there is any chance for CruWear DEK3. I currently use an MC blade in kitchen. It is about 2.5-2.7 thick on the spine. Has an extremely thin convex primary and 12 dps secondary. It performs incredibly well. Its edge stability surpasses many other steels.

Yes I know your 3V has increased edge stability and it showed in some of my light duty cut tests in the kitchen. I do not have any regular 3V to make a comparison. But Increased edge stability of D3V is no surprise as there is more chromium left in the matrix, leaving less (if any) chromium to make carbides. So, I expect D3V to have lower carbide content than regular 3V and with finer carbides since there would less chromium carbides in the matrix. I would be happy if you decide to make thinner and harder knives in 4V and CruWear. And actually I enjoy thin knives more regardless of the steel they are using. They are so joy to cut with.

Also thanks for the info about HRC scale. I thought it was logarithmic chart. However depending on which log base it is (if it logarithmic indeed) and which numbers we are talking about (i.e. 60 to 62 or 30 to 32), the relationship could be still linear depending on the number. Logarithmic chart could have exponential growth at the beginning but the relationship would look more linear after certain value. I will check on that later to see what kind of scale HRC chart has.

Regarding my behaviour towards Blue Max, I do not think I was unnecessarily rude or hostile toward him/her. I just reciprocated according to how I read his/her reply to my message. But I agree that I might have read him/her wrong. That could be partly me, partly internet or partly his/her careless and dismissive reply to my comment or all three.

I am also a chilled guy and try to be nice to people but got my buttons (probably like many others). But I must admit, your initial description is not far off the target :) :) :)

View attachment 2314563

Okay I have something to bitch about......

I think my dog is drinking my beers... seems I have a few at night and I wake up in the morning and there's none left in the fridge...... but there's always cans on the table in front of where she lays down

..... she better start pitching in

Last edited:
44bb5320-824b-415c-96e4-08aa0d5732c3_text.gif

Okay I have something to bitch about......

I think my dog is drinking my beers... seems I have a few at night and I wake up in the morning and there's none left in the fridge...... but there's always cans on the table in front where she lays down

..... she better start pitching in
My first real dog, as an adult was a Boston Terrier..... he was an Awesome, little guy. At around 15 pounds .... I often said, and still feel this to This day (he's gone now for probably a good 10 years now)

....IF he was 30 pounds, he'd Rule the World.
That dog had more life in him than I've ever seen.
Both good, and bad.

Anyhow.... he absolutely LOVED oatmeal stouts!
Me too.

Back