Blade Show Limited edition large Inkosi

2000$... Extra 1500$ from an Inkosi normal.. For what? The inlay is gold? Mmmh no.. Because is a limited edition? Mah, it does not look like much, just like the Inkosi printed with "Blade Show 2016"... It seems that they do not struggle much with the imagination.. But this is just my personal opinion

This looks great. I understand the desire for a one-piece inlay, but lets face it, lots of companies have versions of that style of design. The split inlay is a definitive CRK design, and one originated by Chris Reeve himself. This knife shows that strong lineage, while also addressing the proportion issues people complained about with the inlayed 25.

This knife shows to me that CRK is listening to their customers, keeping their unique style and heritage, while offering something new and exciting. That's a grand-slam for me. I'll pass on the gold inlay version, but will be picking up another inlayed version in the (distant) future.

CRK is back with this offering....I'd say!!!!!!!

This looks great. I understand the desire for a one-piece inlay, but lets face it, lots of companies have versions of that style of design. The split inlay is a definitive CRK design, and one originated by Chris Reeve himself. This knife shows that strong lineage, while also addressing the proportion issues people complained about with the inlayed 25.

This knife shows to me that CRK is listening to their customers, keeping their unique style and heritage, while offering something new and exciting. That's a grand-slam for me. I'll pass on the gold inlay version, but will be picking up another inlayed version in the (distant) future.

A lot of people have been asking for a medium, a lot more than a replacement for the 25. The clip while benefiting a small minority of people, only narrows the potential of the popularity of this model. Inlay on one side only is going to look terrible to me, and if they make a cutout on the backside to accommodate the clip, it's going to fatigue the clip very quickly. The stop pin is now A-symetrical with the rest of the fasteners, so to me, this is a flop.

I'd say the marketing department is leaning on Chris's design, while not understanding why he did what he did. They are resting on his laurels, and he is certainly missed. 2 unimaginative LE's at gouging prices. Clearly motivated by profit, no longer by a vision.

Hey Justin, you and I will never agree on the 25, which is OK. I think it was a low point with obvious flaws, you think it was a highlight and perfect in all ways, that's cool. Let's just celebrate the fact that CRK has not crystallized and continue to offer new and "improved" designs. I will likely keep my 25, but only as an example of a stepping stone on the path to what I see a the start of a truly great family of knives with these Inkosis. Of course, all just speculation, because neither of us has held one, but looking at this knife I say "good riddance Sebenza 25......your job is done".

I agree with you Cody, that we will never agree on the 25! Haha. I think all of Chris's designs have obvious flaws, and it's just a matter of which flaws one can live with, and which they cannot.

I will say the Inkosi is much closer to the 25 than a 21, saying something interesting about the 21 vs the 25 argument.

I really want to love the Inkosi, I put a small in hand two separate times. First time the ergos were a no go. I convinced myself to give it another shot and made a 2.5 hour round trip just to put it in hand again. I'm a big fan of the incremental improvement model, and generally favor the compromise of a single feature for the benefit of the whole package.

The jury is still out for me on the Inkosi, but I see small improvements, while I see big glaring design flaws from the perspective of the feature set of the knife I find most valuable.

And I will say here, my preferences have always aligned closely with Chris's. This is just a subjective taste issue. The longer he has been gone, the further things seem to go from what he built and what I prefer.

Pretty soon I am going to be the old man on the porch holding my 20 year old knife complaining how they don't make em' how they used to.

I have more than a lifetimes supply of the 21, and several examples of the 25. Enough to last me a lifetime of users. I'm happy to see they are making new models, which if they improve the knife for my use, I will be happy to buy. If not, there are 5000 other makers out there, and maybe just maybe, Chris will open a new shop. I'll be the first in line for that kickstarter.

Hey Justin, you and I will never agree on the 25, which is OK. I think it was a low point with obvious flaws, you think it was a highlight and perfect in all ways, that's cool. Let's just celebrate the fact that CRK has not crystallized and continue to offer new and "improved" designs. I will likely keep my 25, but only as an example of a stepping stone on the path to what I see a the start of a truly great family of knives with these Inkosis. Of course, all just speculation, because neither of us has held one, but looking at this knife I say "good riddance Sebenza 25......your job is done".

The 25 was a bit disappointing for me. It seemed a prototype in need of fine tuning. I hope the large Inkosi is what I expected the 25 to be. Could be perfect. I'll be starting a Large Inkosi fund soon.

Guys, you are forgetting one thing.. This is a Limited Blade Show Edition (10pcs). It is not aimed for the general public but for collectors.

Believe me this will sell. And quickly if I might add. There are only 10pcs after all.

Tapatalk.

Guys, you are forgetting one thing.. This is a Limited Blade Show Edition (10pcs). It is not aimed for the general public but for collectors.

Believe me this will sell. And quickly if I might add. There are only 10pcs after all.

Tapatalk.

Yeah you are right, it could be much different for production.

Collectors are sure to want the "Straight outta Compton Inkosi" for sure, I accept that.

Yeah you are right, it could be much different for production.

Collectors are sure to want the "Straight outta Compton Inkosi" for sure, I accept that.

People are a fickle lot.. We always want what we can't have. Lol. I still want the Annual to make a come back...

In any case, looking forward to Bog Oak and Spalted Beech!!!

Anyone seen them yet???

Tapatalk.

I saw several psalter beach today and I regret not buying one. It's slick.

Although gold inlays would not be my first choice, and this knife is outta my price range anyways, I have a funny feeling this may be the best knife CRK has put out yet in terms of acquiring a patina / worn / "road warrior" look. With the blasted scales getting snail trails, the gold ano rubbing off the inlays, the aluminum under it getting nicked dinged (as aluminum will) and oxidizing, this has the potential to be a very bad-ass looking, well used knife. I really hope someone with the means to purchase one puts it to a lot of use. Unlikely I know, but it would be glorious I'm sure.

Where is it stated that Chris is no longer with the company? I heard he was "semi retired"? Im pretty sure he helped/tweaked/finalized designs associated with the Large Inkosi. All of the improvements, i feel confident in stating, were HIS even if he was sitting on the couch at home enjoying his "semi retirement".

Also, i find it amazing that NO ONE has posted a pic of the most important side...the lock side to show how it looks!!!?

Last edited:
Does it even make a difference whether he's still there or not? Wouldn't the quality still be the same since he is not personally making the knives?

True, but they offered full inlayed woods on the annual regulars so its possible. In response to other companies having something to this nature: Other companies that have that are not frame locks, and other companies to me are inferior in the same price range. I do occassionally try other company offerings to if they are as well designed and similar quality. I havnt found such a knife for the 300-800$ knives. I'd also like that crk gets back to you asap and offeres to replace blades on the current offerings should you need one. I cant think of any company with titanium frame lock, a full inlay or partial that are built like CRKs . I'll might give some a try if you provide names. But a wood inlayed inkosi would do for me too, just not offered yet. I do like the inkosi blade shape better than the sebenza 21. Cant wait!!! ( next year?)

Does it even make a difference whether he's still there or not? Wouldn't the quality still be the same since he is not personally making the knives?

Yes the quality should remain the same if they continue to work how they currently do and make sure to keep using high quality machining methods, and great employees.

This knife is very nice in hand....

eca31f75d633a4b1417a21766f753c60.jpg

But these two UGs were my favorite by far.

b67f0f676ae645d696178bdda3ffcb3e.jpg

02d4a3a90919f1842063bffe7e8d554f.jpg

d79dcdab6c1231b40f13183bf61b1671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back