Blade Show Limited edition large Inkosi

I wish I would have!! Had it in my hand.

The back Is unique. Nice lines and will just be awesome in micarta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you remember how they worked the inlay around the clip? I think that is what most of us are after!

It's fine not to like an offering, but the "spinner hubcap" stereotype shtick is going nowhere good.
Let's not go there..mmmkay?

Do you remember how they worked the inlay around the clip? I think that is what most of us are after!

Pretty sure the clip is not in the way at all.

9881541f8a103e17094926733c07bf62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good pic above^ thanks Mreece. Yeah, i can see an inlay on a large...but the small? Gonna be skinny i think lol

We stopped by the CRK booth today and snapped some pics as well! This large Inkosi was a lottery to purchase. Notice the shiny price tag too!

DSC_0122_zpsbswekeau.jpg

I really like this one, if I had the cash I would have scooped it up for my wife!
DSC_0121_zpskxkt3pkw.jpg

The large Inkosi broke down. Other than the angled clip, different stop pin and washers, it feels just like a Sebenza 25 in hand! The super large washers are a very nice touch. They stick out past the tang of the blade as it rotates open!
DSC_0124_zpsguntllz9.jpg

Wow! Nice pics 91Bravo! Im sorry, but that Special Edition Large Inkosi is just awesome looking(to me) I cant wait to get a micarta one now! I have to see that back!

Edit: WANTED CRK, make one with micarta and old school raindrop!

When (if) that bronze darkens/dulls like it does on the Ti-Lock studs, that knife will be so great. I really hope one out there gets to be a "user".

When (if) that bronze darkens/dulls like it does on the Ti-Lock studs, that knife will be so great. I really hope one out there gets to be a "user".

That is the whole point of my dislike of the material choice.

Aluminum bronze is the type that is most tarnish resistant. The type of bronze patina you are thinking, I carry in flashlights and other EDC items. This alloy is formulated to resist that as much as possible. It's also highly polished. Combine the two, It's made to be BLING BLING baby.

That is the whole point of my dislike of the material choice.

Aluminum bronze is the type that is most tarnish resistant. The type of bronze patina you are thinking, I carry in flashlights and other EDC items. This alloy is formulated to resist that as much as possible. It's also highly polished. Combine the two, It's made to be BLING BLING baby.

No, I was not thinking at all about your silly flashlight, as stated I was thinking about the studs on my Ti-lock, which also started out shiney, just like these inlays. They are now a darker, mottled colour.

Everyone here gets that you don't like the knife JF (while secretly and hopelessly falling in love with it). Rejection can hide affection, and my guess is you'll be selling off your back-up 25s to buy this exact knife!,,:D:thumbup::p

No, I was not thinking at all about your silly flashlight, as stated I was thinking about the studs on my Ti-lock, which also started out shiney, just like these inlays. They are now a darker, mottled colour.

Everyone here gets that you don't like the knife JF (while secretly and hopelessly falling in love with it). Rejection can hide affection, and my guess is you'll be selling off your back-up 25s to buy this exact knife!,,:D:thumbup::p

Hahahaha.

If it was CuSn8, and a hex head fastener in the stop pin I would have found a way to get one, and overnighted a bottle of liver of sulphur and not slept till it was amazing.

If the clip was a bad fit for me, I wouldn't care because I would have taken it off just to have that amazing patina.

Now don't get me started on a copper inlay. That would be the second stage of epic to go with my flashlights.

We need someone with photoshop skillz to turn those inlays on the first page to a micarta/grey black color!

I want it in spalted beech inlays ..........just saying......hope they do woods on this one

We stopped by the CRK booth today and snapped some pics as well! This large Inkosi was a lottery to purchase. Notice the shiny price tag too!

DSC_0122_zpsbswekeau.jpg

Anyone notice the gap between the inlays is now angled? I am guessing it is at the exact angle of the pocket clip on the back side. That is a nice touch and adds some front-to-back symmetry. The choice to do this particular Limited in blasted finish is also sweet. Wish it was in my price range.

Anyone notice the gap between the inlays is now angled? I am guessing it is at the exact angle of the pocket clip on the back side. That is a nice touch and adds some front-to-back symmetry. The choice to do this particular Limited in blasted finish is also sweet. Wish it was in my price range.

Double post, sorry

I'm hoping I can score one! The inlay material wouldn't have been my first choice but I think it's something new that they have never used for an inlay. Plus the blasted finish with the inlays is something many people have wanted for a long time. Add to it that only 10 are being made and I think it will be a hit with the collectors. Those lacking perspective may not like it, but then again they make silly arguments about pointless ideas anyway.

Id have to see a lot better pics in different light etc to consider getting one. In the promo pic that CRK put out, it almost looks like a cream ivory?

Im def glad they put it on a blasted scale tho...i hope they do that for a few other inlays/models etc

I'm hoping I can score one! The inlay material wouldn't have been my first choice but I think it's something new that they have never used for an inlay. Plus the blasted finish with the inlays is something many people have wanted for a long time.

You mean, like the micarta inlay?

Add to it that only 10 are being made and I think it will be a hit with the collectors.

Potentially, the prototype Inkosi did sell for more than $2000. Then again, most annuals with Damascus blades still go for less. $2000 is River of River territory.

Those lacking perspective may not like it, but then again they make silly arguments about pointless ideas anyway.

Do you mean lacking a perspective you understand about things like metallurgy and other silly things and pointless ideas like material selection and brand consistency?

Id have to see a lot better pics in different light etc to consider getting one. In the promo pic that CRK put out, it almost looks like a cream ivory?

Im def glad they put it on a blasted scale tho...i hope they do that for a few other inlays/models etc

It's polished to a high gloss, will be a gold colour, similar to this:

plaque-brass-polished-245Park-860w-01.jpg

You mean, like the micarta inlay?

No, I don't mean like the micarta inlay. I mean wood and carbon fiber inlays.

Potentially, the prototype Inkosi did sell for more than $2000. Then again, most annuals with Damascus blades still go for less. $2000 is River of River territory.

They produced several annuals with damascus every year for several years. This is a one-time run of 10. Did you see the 21st anniversary knife sell? Nobody knows what it went for and James Longstreet now has it. I can guarantee you it went for more than it priced at when new.

Do you mean lacking a perspective you understand about things like metallurgy and other silly things and pointless ideas like material selection and brand consistency?

No, I don't mean like the micarta inlay. I mean wood and carbon fiber inlays.

They produced several annuals with damascus every year for several years. This is a one-time run of 10. Did you see the 21st anniversary knife sell? Nobody knows what it went for and James Longstreet now has it. I can guarantee you it went for more than it priced at when new.

Did you have a stroke when writing the last sentence?
Wth does metallurgy have to do with it? Are you trying to weld it to something else or are we talking about knife inlays here? It's a new material used for inlays on a limited edition knife. I know you think there is something wrong with that but that is simply your opinion. I personally like it. As far as brand consistency....they have done inlays before, they have used gold in their wood inlays before (and that's a metal in case you didn't know), they have had the small inkosi out for a year, they have made limited edition knives before. Seems fairly consistent to me.

Back