BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

89763844_3159870540690705_4064275553035747328_n.jpg

KFC just suspended its "finger lickin' good" ad campaign in the UK.

Seinfeld's Snicker Bar episode suddenly is courant.

Several major restaurants groups in NYC announced closures effective immediately.

If this situation lasts till June or longer we're in for a major societal restructuring across every industry imaginable.

Well thanks to the inter-webs, I've got Covid-19 to the tune of Come On Eileen stuck in my head. Kill me now.

Edit: Corvidae is a cosmopolitan family of oscine passerine birds.
DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN YOOOUUUUUUU!

Now that is totally stuck in my head, well played Sir, well played. I’ll definitely be passing this along to others as I believe in paying it forward :)

so this morning, SWMBO asked me if they were planning on cancelling/rescheduling Blade show - since everything else is being cancelled/closed through the end of April.
(I know it's in June -- but this will likely still be a thing then)

Other viruses like H1N1 killed millions and there was no panic like this as I recall? Politics? More social media?

The global death toll from the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic was around 284,000, not "millions".

This is about 0.02% of the total number infected, which is estimated at about 24% of the global population.

COVID-19 is estimated to eventually affect 70-80% of the global population and the death rate is looking to be much higher - from 1% to over 3%.

Do the math.

Want to have some fun? Go to the store and fake a coughing fit while playing with all of the phones. Then watch as someone dons rubber gloves and comes over and uncomfortably cleans them with a lysol wipe. I'm a bad person.

Now if they start licking BlueBell again, Lord have mercy.

COVID-19 is estimated to eventually affect 70-80% of the global population and the death rate is looking to be much higher - from 1% to over 3%.

Do the math.
I think you'll find that death rate to be way overstated. That percentage is based on the number of people that actually tested positive. There are many more people who have had it with little to no serious effects than there are people that have tested positive for the virus. So, all those people never got tested, they are not included in the reporting, they are not accounted for in the math, and as a result the actual percentage is far lower. If you did the same math with the flu, but removed all the people that only had minor symptoms from the equation I bet the percentage would be the same or worse.

Back