Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Yes!!:D
GEC has given me a tentative date of September 1st for completion of the 2017 BF knife!.
Let me be clear, this is tentative, and subject to change!! Bill is however, usually close when he does these estimates - he's been at it a long time!!
Barry will set up a thread for purchasing, Tuesday at Noon, Pacific (west coast) time.:eek: Watch for it!! They might sell kinda fast!!
The "how to" will be explained in the thread!
Please be patient if his computer explodes!!:eek::rolleyes:

It is risky for Barry and I, as we back up the purchase on your behalf, so we have to establish the purchase rules and stick to them!!!
Please read carefully before you decide!
Limit of two (2) knives per address!!
They are $85 each and $170 for 2 of them (different package).
You cannot change your order once it is made!!
If you run into money problems after you pay, I am sure you will get AT LEAST what you paid if you need to sell it/them.
You cannot change your address once the order is in - no changes please!
We don't have the money or time to nursemaid 500 orders, so please be kind to us!!
All that said, we are proud of this whole process of providing a community knife, to celebrate all the wonderful people here, and the time we spend enjoying the knives that enhance our lives!!

Last edited:
My apologies if it was previously stated and I missed it. What is the price point for this year's Forum Knife?

Could someone give me a heads up on how Barry's thread for purchasing this knife works. I have never done this before. Is the thread going up tomorrow (Tuesday). Do we pay upfront on Tuesday? Thanks for any input.

My apologies if it was previously stated and I missed it. What is the price point for this year's Forum Knife?
Could someone give me a heads up on how Barry's thread for purchasing this knife works. I have never done this before. Is the thread going up tomorrow (Tuesday). Do we pay upfront on Tuesday? Thanks for any input.
I edited the original post to reflect these questions, and will also answer them here:
> you must pay up front
> they are $85 for one and $170 for two.
> "overseas" or "foreign" prices will add $20.
> the ordering thread will explain how to do it.

Guys, I'll put up two links tomorrow at noon Pacific Time, one for US and one for International members. (*Note; if you are ordering international and order two knives, order the extra on the US link so you don't pay for international shipping twice! :confused::eek::oops:)

I will need payment made via PayPal or United States Postal Service Money Order ONLY, thank you and God Bless! :):):)

If you order one knife, then later decide you want two, go ahead and order another but they will be shipped separately in most cases.

Bringing the image forward!
oZNPZBy.jpg

I just sharpened my #77 Stag Jack last Saturday. My avatar shows my #15 single blade sheep's foot making a sandwich. And here we go for this year's #15 Barlow sheep's foot! Hah, I'll have to see what kind of patina I can get on this!

v3d9v6.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing the image forward!
oZNPZBy.jpg

I just sharpened my #77 Stag Jack last Saturday. My avatar shows my #15 single blade sheep's foot making a sandwich. And here we go for this year's #15 Barlow sheep's foot! Hah, I'll have to see what kind of patina I can get on this!

v3d9v6.jpg
That is the 2017 knife? Where did you find that diagram?

Back