Bladeforums Supporting Clone Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I purchase those through a "supporting dealer", and subsequently decide they're "not for me", can I sell them on the exchange, assuming I purchase the appropriate membership?

That's the smell test I can't get past. Topomart can sell me a clone here, but then I can't sell that knife here, because THAT would be wrong.

Doesn't seem right.

And, I can't imagine the manufacturers being cloned by Topomart are going to be pleased. Losing them for Topomart seems would be a real hit to the level of content , passion, and community we have grown to appreciate so much here.

My 2 cents.

I remember private individuals putting up clones awhile here and how it wasn't tolerated long at all. Now the theme is if they have a site and a dealer level membership it's fine there's lots of clones on that site, as long as the clones aren't front and center on the postings the dealer makes? A few clicks in I was veiwing loads of clones of brand names who have developed the models offered. That is offensive to me and it does soil bladeforum's reputation no matter how it's spun.

By the way members, you can buy a clone through dealers here, but don't dare put them up privately on our exchange! Why? We can't help what they do, but we will keep you from it! Rather hiprocritical isn't it? The damage this sort of thinking will do to bladeforum's reputation isn't worth it, IMO. Of course the owner can do as he pleases, but so can the ones who supported this site for years.

We good with our dealers selling these?

NNgF4Fyh.png

I remember private individuals putting up clones awhile here and how it wasn't tolerated long at all. Now the theme is if they have a site and a dealer level membership it's fine there's lots of clones on that site, as long as the clones aren't front and center on the postings the dealer makes? A few clicks in I was veiwing loads of clones of brand names who have developed the models offered. That is offensive to me and it does soil bladeforum's reputation no matter how it's spun.

By the way members, you can buy a clone through dealers here, but don't dare put them up privately on our exchange! Why? We can't help what they do, but we will keep you from it! Rather hiprocritical isn't it? The damage this sort of thinking will do to bladeforum's reputation isn't worth it, IMO. Of course the owner can do as he pleases, but so can the ones who supported this site for years.

It's because Dealer memberships bring a lot more cake than Gold memberships. Simple as that.

@Spark I hope you will reconsider this. To me, it cheapens a dealer membership if a shop straight out of China with a large number of clones is on the same level of legitimacy on Bladeforums as DLT, BHQ, Knife center, etc.

For what it’s worth, I will still continue to do business with you, as well as the other reputable business that have been a staple here at BladeForums for years prior. Moving forward, I can’t say I will feel confident about the information this place provides. Very sad day here...

@Spark I hope you will reconsider this. To me, it cheapens a dealer membership if a shop straight out of China with a large number of clones is on the same level of legitimacy on Bladeforums as DLT, BHQ, Knife center, etc.

Well put. :thumbsup: Respect!

No doubt you and the others you have mentioned could easily have taken the "easy low road for a quick buck", but did not. I assume its because you have the same passion and sense of community many of us have.

I can't believe the logic of the reason given as to why a dealer selling clones is being allowed to conduct business here. I mean if you are against clones and fakes then it shouldn't matter if it is an individual or a dealer they should not be allowed here. I know I am only a nic name on a screen and my views probably means little to nothing, but very disappointed seeing this decision.

Posting with a link to the site or even a statement of where to go to buy clones ... it is a pretty simple black and white issue IMHO ... no grey to be seen ... it appears it's that clear to all except the one who makes the final call.

I really hate to see this issue here and the problems it causes. The old adage "you've got to stand for something" seems rather fitting.

Last edited:
Thank you for chiming in. That is what this thread is here for, people to share their opinions on this change in policy. I've recommended you and all the dealers you mention, countless times. It means something to be a bladeforums supporting dealer, at least it did...

Just bought a DLT exclusive Warthog Tinker from you guys for my old man. Great transaction.

XXN3wSgh.jpg

It's because Dealer memberships bring a lot more cake than Gold memberships. Simple as that.
Quiet Quiet
Well if you think you can do a better job, go start your own knife forum. Until then, I don’t really care for your assumptions that @Spark is making this judgement call based on the profit of a single dealer membership. Given how many members we have here, it’s a pretty ridiculous conclusion to reach. But hey, if you have a personal beef and that’s just how you jab at him, you do you.

@Jordon@DLT ... even if they are allowed to stay ... I can guarantee they will in no way shape or form be on the same level as DLT and the other awesome dealers we are accustomed to.

Quiet Quiet
Well if you think you can do a better job, go start your own knife forum. Until then, I don’t really care for your assumptions that @Spark is making this judgement call based on the profit of a single dealer membership. Given how many members we have here, it’s a pretty ridiculous conclusion to reach. But hey, if you have a personal beef and that’s just how you jab at him, you do you.

Got a little something on your nose, there. Also, what you do or do not care for is absolutely irrelevant to me.

Got a little something on your nose, there. Also, what you do or do not care for is absolutely irrelevant to me.
Nothing on my nose, just tired of the same old lame attacks on Spark. Last week it was the forum server, this week some dealer not getting banned because you said so. I think you should ease up on the drama.

Nothing on my nose, just tired of the same old lame attacks on Spark. Last week it was the forum server, this week some dealer not getting banned because you said so. I think you should ease up on the drama.

I’m not concerned with what an asskisser thinks I should do or not do, I would have thought this was clear to you at this point. Curious.

I’m not concerned with what an asskisser thinks I should do or not do, I would have thought this was clear to you at this point. Curious.

You can hurl all the insults you want, but I don’t know Spark, he isn’t my friend, and I’m not sucking up. Just annoyed by your little vendetta you persistently wage against the owner of a forum that has obviously been doing something right given how long it has been here and how many members there are.

You constantly have some issue with the owner that seems more like it’s personal, and your sarcastic remarks do nothing to address the seriousness of the matter and everything to detract from it.

Ironic, considering how much of this company’s service you seem to enjoy every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back