Blades & Beef

It is almost full convex. It works well in the kitchen - eg apples and all the root vegetables are no problem.

https://pic8.co/sh/NoiV3X.jpg
NoiV3X.jpg

I tested it against the thinner but scandivex UL Bushcrafter and they were equally good at cutting onions and apples.
ERxPbE.jpg

https://pic8.co/sh/ERxPbE.jpg

3.5lb 1.5” Butchers Cut Sirloin
Smoked on my PitBoss for 45 minutes then reverse seared it until it was done enough for the kids and still bloody enough for me.
View attachment 1523791
View attachment 1523792

Looks awesome, I need to try that recipe.

I think I'd smoke it till it was 100 internal temp and then sear it for 2 mins on each side. Basically a reverse search in the smoker.

Do you use the vertical pit pitboss or the horizontal ? I'm only asking because I'm between the two, wife wants me to get the horizontal barrel version but I want the upright vertical stackable.

Cheers!!

Since I bought a new house and havw yet to buy a smoker & grill for the new house (old one was donated before the move, bad shape). So I've been doing a lot of cast iron reverse sear with butter, garlic and rosemary. Man what a good steak that makes. Looks amazing bud!!

Do you use the vertical pit pitboss or the horizontal ?

I have a horizontal 840sqin PitBoss Pro, it’s about 5 years old and I know they have released several models since I bought mine. As long as it will run the temps you want and has a removable heat shield for searing you could go either way.
If I were buying a horizontal I’d look for the largest barrel diameter not necessarily more length(if that’s an option).
I really liked my homemade steel pipe vertical smoker that I ran for years. I could put a 18-20 lb brisket on a rack with room to spare or 4 racks of baby backs side by side.
I’ve only glanced at newer vertical pellet smokers and they seem small to me, they want to sell racks that cook ribs on edge which is fine but it tells me the grill surface isn’t that much.

I have a horizontal 840sqin PitBoss Pro, it’s about 5 years old and I know they have released several models since I bought mine. As long as it will run the temps you want and has a removable heat shield for searing you could go either way.
If I were buying a horizontal I’d look for the largest barrel diameter not necessarily more length(if that’s an option).
I really liked my homemade steel pipe vertical smoker that I ran for years. I could put a 18-20 lb brisket on a rack with room to spare or 4 racks of baby backs side by side.
I’ve only glanced at newer vertical pellet smokers and they seem small to me, they want to sell racks that cook ribs on edge which is fine but it tells me the grill surface isn’t that much.

Good lookin out,

Back