Blades upon Books - Traditionals

Come on!!!! Someone must have a photo of a Barlow with the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. 😃

06843abc3cc35e1d1ebc38817f8fa521.jpg

One from a few days ago.

Several of my first knife photos happened to show knives on books. I was still trying to develop at least adequate photo skills at that time, and hadn't decided what camera worked best for me, didn't realize how ineffective indoor light tends to be, and so on. Here's one of those early shots of a Vic Camper with one of the foundational works on sabermetrics. (I think my wife actually took the picture with her iPad.)
z6E0NyC.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
IMG_20170222_190032565_zps5wokyfub.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know, I should have used an Opinel but this one looks better. Imo :rolleyes:

Here's what I'm currently reading and carrying.

F8363222-1F7D-4A03-9A64-31AA23AAE9F7.jpg~original

Last edited:
This is a great thread idea, Greg! :thumbup::thumbup: Thinking selfishly, this should be more popular than "Beverages and Blades", since I read more than I drink! :D

Barrett, you've posted lots of interesting books already: Tolkien, Twain, Voltaire, Vonnegut all showed up on one shelf, along with a Hugo/Nebula winner that I should check out sometime!! And I always enjoy Chabon's books! :thumbup::thumbup: I think I've read most of them, but my problem is almost all of my "pleasure reading" is purely for escape/relaxation and I end up not remembering much anymore about the books I read. :( Of course, it has the advantage that I could probably pick a set of 12 books and just read them repeatedly for whatever years I have left! :D

Here's my first-ever pocket knife, a Colonial Forest-Master I got around 1960, with a very easy-to-read, interesting "Math's Greatest Hits" book that serves as one of the textbooks in a course I'm teaching this semester.
XLwiAXE.jpg

- GT

I am currently moving through this series (though not in order) due to a coworker who gave me one for Christmas:)

More my kind of easy read these days. Thanks Ernie. While I have read the classics, I'm entertained by espionage novels these days? [emoji3]

Back