Blades upon Books - Traditionals

Love these pics, I'll definitely play:

ziw2o7.jpg

4qm4l.jpg

13ye6w4.jpg

14caes0.jpg

9hutlk.jpg

Barrett, you've posted lots of interesting books already: Tolkien, Twain, Voltaire, Vonnegut all showed up on one shelf, along with a Hugo/Nebula winner that I should check out sometime!! And I always enjoy Chabon's books! :thumbup::thumbup: I think I've read most of them, but my problem is almost all of my "pleasure reading" is purely for escape/relaxation and I end up not remembering much anymore about the books I read. :( Of course, it has the advantage that I could probably pick a set of 12 books and just read them repeatedly for whatever years I have left! :D

Thanks, GT! You should definitely check out Neil Gaiman if you get a chance (American Gods in particular); he's an excellent writer. I enjoy going back and re-reading books, although it can get in the way of reading new ones for the first time. :rolleyes:

Love these pics, I'll definitely play:

ziw2o7.jpg

4qm4l.jpg

13ye6w4.jpg

14caes0.jpg

9hutlk.jpg

Some great reading there, Aias (and some beautiful knives, too). I have that same edition of Moby Dick (along with a few other copies), and I'm a huge fan of Cormac McCarthy.

Excellent pair -- the Farm Boy is my favorite GEC knife, and Hemingway is one of my favorite authors! :thumbup:

Here are a couple more bookshelf knife photos I found going through my Photobucket account.

This one only has the lower halves of the books behind the knife, but it's mostly Cormac McCarthy and a couple by Carson McCullers.

420E21E8-4B19-43C5-9F05-47156B026D83.jpg~original

I think Jaws is hiding behind the bear in this one. :D

8B0DC99A-EB82-4710-93BA-5E6FE0250B80.jpg~original

Last edited:
Some great reading there, Aias (and some beautiful knives, too). I have that same edition of Moby Dick (along with a few other copies), and I'm a huge fan of Cormac McCarthy.

Thanks so much! My favorite is Blood Meridian--it's his masterpiece by my reckoning.

Fantastic stuff, everyone! We are amassing quite a library here on the porch. I'm loving the variety in both the books and the blades.

Seeing all of these photos made me realize it's been quite a while since I've read a classic. I've been wanting to re-read The Count of Monte Cristo, which is one of my favorite books, but now y'all have me thinking about maybe picking up a Hemingway I haven't read yet, or perhaps reading Call of the Wild or Moby Dick for the first time. Gonna have to ponder that a bit...

Well, seems like you're spoilt for choice with those options, Greg!

I love rereading Hemingway's Big Two-Hearted River 1 & 2, from time to time.

Aias, I'm also a big fan of Melville and Cormac McCarthy. I would have to say The Crossing would be one of my all time favourites (along with Blood Meridian, of course).

As Moby Dick was mentioned, there's actually quite a bit of knife content in that book. There's a post on it here -

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...aditional-knives-guys?p=16379072#post16379072

Current state of my night stand as I lay down to read a few pages at 2 am... up for work at 6. Hard to finish books this way 😜

93d9d17f0d37a3bd49b522ce7b20042f.jpg

-Jim

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Let's make sure to keep this thread primarily about knives guys.

I wonder what kind of pocket knife Lee carried?
P1000465%201.jpg

Here's a great book I try to reread every few years (I've never read The Brothers Karamazov, but I suspect it influenced the book shown). A couple of seminal knives in my accumulation are also pictured. (Again, one of my earliest attempts at knife photography, probably actually taken by my wife using her iPad one night at the kitchen table.)
i3IuXWj.jpg

- GT

Back