Blades upon Books - Traditionals

So did I until I got the knife in the hand, they work well. Barlows often have a stamped bolster and the screws somehow enhance the titanium bolsters. They are also at home in the scales as they are so well-finished you can't even feel them.

I'm looking for a dark Ram's Horn already ;):cool:

e1CXpI4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pair! ;)
Thanks! I think it is the first time for this pairing. Maybe a good name would be appropriate?

The Bird and the Bees' knees? (I think the micarta looks a little like honeycomb on the lambsfoot)

Bird and Baby (lamb)? (obscure Lord of the Rings allusion)

Man, I'd forgotten how irritating Castaneda was, especially (I hope) in the first book. Constant, through the roof, wall-climbing infuriating. If Don Juan had been a Catholic, he'd be a saint for putting up with it.
Everybody interested enough to read these probably thought he'd have been an apter pupil.
c4GIFaC.jpg

"No, Don Juan, I haven't been doing what you told me. Isn't it enough that I want to learn?
How about I pay you so you have to do as I say?
Explain to me in scientific terms how to 'feel with my eyes', Don Juan.
But why, Don Juan? I don't wanna, Don Juan! Waa, boo hoo, Don Juan!

Just by way of full disclosure for Carlos - in the opening of his 3rd book A Journey to Ixtlan (after ten years with DJ and two books) Carlos writes - in essence - that his interpretations of his years under Don Juan's tutelage were completely erroneous. He completely didn't get what he was being taught.

Having said that - it seems, to my way of thinking at least, that Carlos never completely got it (even with the writing of J to I and 4 more books prior to being left by DJ to fend for himself and the subsequent 5 more books). He lacked the essentials of a sorcerer warrior - intent - will and discipline. He dabbled, was easily distracted and never fully committed. Most of us would have failed just as miserably.

Last edited:
Just by way of full disclosure for Carlos - in the opening of his 3rd book A Journey to Ixtlan (after ten years with DJ and two books) Carlos writes - in essence - that his interpretations of his years under Don Juan's tutelage were completely erroneous. He completely didn't get what he was being taught.

Having said that - it seems, to my way of thinking at least, that Carlos never completely got it (even with the writing of J to I and 4 more books prior to being left by DJ to fend for himself and the subsequent 5 more books). He lacked the essentials of a sorcerer warrior - intent - will and discipline. He dabbled, was easily distracted and never fully committed. Most of us would have failed just as miserably.

Ray

...and with a knife to illustrate - more of a blade upon the other guy's book. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1063218
That's a lot of books. I've got only seven, if I find Magical Passes.

I'm sure I would have failed at least as miserably, but I hope I wouldn't have been as tiresome about it.

Back