1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BM Griptilian scales custom

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by igorded, Mar 30, 2014.

1. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Igor,I've been trying to get a hold of you.I want to get some G-10 or Carbon Fiber scales for my BM 940.

2. javanutsy

javanutsy

Jan 13, 2016
    Got the scales! Amazing craftsmanship. Pictures do it no justice. Fit and finish are impeccable. Thank you Igor!

Black CF scales + Jade Ghost liner + Copper/Light Purple deep pocket clip and standoffs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Luckyonion

Luckyonion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Hi, need scales for mini Doug Ritter in wood. really like the curly birch with Danish oil. I attached image in email I sent you. Looking for standoff as and clip that would compliment stonewashed blade and wood scales. Let me know if you can do it, and send me PayPal and we'll get rolling. Thanks, Ryan

Also' his birthday is June 18th, wondering if I could get in time?

Ryan

4. fp627

fp627

Jul 21, 2015
    My apologies if this has already been asked, but how much would a Griptilian or Mini Griptilian weigh with the different handle materials? Or if it is easier to weigh just the scales, how much do the different handles weigh without the knives? (I have also sent an email, but am posting here in case others are wondering)

Ex: Griptilian with Micarta handles = 4oz, Mini Griptilian with Micarta handles = 3.5oz, etc.
    OR
    Ex: Micarta scales for Griptilian = 2oz, Micarta scales for Mini Griptilian = 1oz, etc.

5. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    Full size:
    Stock scales-24gr
    CF anso-32gr
    G10 anso-40gr
    PeelPly--38gr
    Canvas-30gr

Mini:
    Stock-14gr
    G10 anso-22gr
    Canvas-16gr
    PeelPly-20gr

6. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  7. PoorlyTiedFly

PoorlyTiedFly

May 24, 2008
    Hi
    Are you still producing these?

8. captjlw

captjlw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Email sent

9. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
  10. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  11. captjlw

captjlw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Damn Igor, This one is so beautiful I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the one I ordered. Or maybe I'll just get this one too. It's always nice to have more than one outfit to choose when going out. Or maybe I'll add a mini Grip, or maybe another full sized? So many excellent choices I'm certain I will end up with at least another one.
    Well Done Sir.
    J

12. jackal_727

jackal_727 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I'd like to buy worn green canvas micarta scales with plain titanium standoffs for a griptilian. Let me know if this is available or if I need to be put on a waiting list. Thank you sir!

13. Zmanzz

Zmanzz

Oct 23, 2015
    what colours/combos you offering for the 940 Igor.
    BTW man i LOVE my black over orange G10 anso on my mini 555. so much i sold my Ritter as this thing never leaves my pocket.

14. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    In stock. Ready.

15. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    Black canvas +red liners, ready ( in my pocket now)
    Black canvas or green canvas with CF bolsters ( in work now)

16. jackal_727

Aug 25, 2010
    Perfect. Is your email address your PayPal as well? I'll send payment asap. Thanks.

17. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    Yes. Same as email.

18. jackal_727

Aug 25, 2010
    Payment sent. My email/paypal is [email protected]. The 3101 address is correct. The order is in the PayPal notes as well. Thank you!

19. igorded

igorded

Dec 8, 2013
    Got it.
    Thanks.

20. Zmanzz

Zmanzz

Oct 23, 2015
    Any pictures of this combo?
    Any plans to do Anso for the 940? what do you think?