Bose Knives

fasteddie,

Do you still have that ivory handled Bose congress? I'd love to see more pictures of that knife.

I've been carrying it almost every day for about a year and a half. The coating on the A2 blades is scuffed up, The ivory is darker on one side that the other and when its warm and humid one of the blades is lazy. Its perfect. I'll try to post before and after pics.

I've been carrying it almost every day for about a year and a half. The coating on the A2 blades is scuffed up, The ivory is darker on one side that the other and when its warm and humid one of the blades is lazy. Its perfect. I'll try to post before and after pics.

Eddie That is awesome ..the knife has soul!

VCM3 - As much as I really like a lot of Tony's work, that Lanny's Clip #26 really speaks to me. That is one beautiful knife! If only I could work one of those into my budget.

Those Shadow trappers in micarta talks to me. And they are saying,
-LET ME LIVE IN SWEDEN.
Seams to be something to bring to a troutstream.

Bosse

Thank's lambertiana,and Sharp NJ . I just gotta add something about the "budget".
For a long time,I had heard,and knew of,the fact,that everyone raved of Tony and Reese' work.
I was offered a few Bose knives over the years,at pricetags that I wish I could have got that Lanny's at,but at the time,I could or would not "work it into my budget"
I have to thank my wife,for changing my mind.I saw her one evening,scrubbing a pot in the sink,with her wedding set on her ring finger
I paid a little over 4 times what I paid for my Lanny's,for her "user",so my "user",is a bargain.
It helped put everything in perspective.
-Vince :)

I've posted this before and no longer own the knife. I think Shaldag owns it now and I hope he doesn't mind. Ed, are ya carrying this one?

bose1.jpg

I remember that :D.

Gus,

Having that five-blade knife was like living in a desert and then having Jessica Alba’s car breakdown at your door step: It was fun while it lasted.

Gus,

Having that five-blade knife was like living in a desert and then having Jessica Alba’s car breakdown at your door step: It was fun while it lasted.

Dude...you need counseling :D

Nice scans 92. I just counted 6-7 knives in this thread that used to be mine....don't I feel stupid. Only a few I miss real bad...but they were all amazing. JT

I've posted this before and no longer own the knife. I think Shaldag owns it now and I hope he doesn't mind. Ed, are ya carrying this one?

bose1.jpg

HA! I was gonna link to your site, since my scanner isn't ready
(and I would not be able to improve on that pic anyway).
I felt that I wanted your permission first.

Look, you were right, Mike. It really is too nice to carry.
And that pearl must be fragile.
And I do have a Tony Bose wharncliffe trapper similar to the one posted above (but in CPM 440V)--if I feel that I really need to carry a Bose.

The trouble is, when I leave it at home, it keeps calling:
"eeeeedddddddddd-- come get me--take me with you---
I wanna go to work.....".
So it's easier to just leave it in my pocket (leather slip case, of course). :D
It gets some work occasionally.

Seriously, I have come to the conclusion that life is too short
to leave a knife like this at at home.

Kerry, if you had handled her----I mean it, you would understand.
:D

"Her" being Jessica or the knife? I'm pretty sure I know which one I'd prefer to handle first. (No offense, Tony.) :p ;) :cool:

This thread is killin' me :D. (I am with Ran!)

Keep 'em coming! This is almost as good as visiting Tony and Reese's table before the drawing (only without the folks).

Uh, now that I am spoken for (somewhat), I'll take the knife over Jessica any day.

"Her" being Jessica or the knife? I'm pretty sure I know which one I'd prefer to handle first. (No offense, Tony.) :p ;) :cool:

Yes, Blues--we all know which one you want to handle first.

But the real question is which one you want to handle last.

And, I can assure you, that the knife's beauty will outlast Ms. Alba's.

(no offense, Jessica)

Nice scans 92. I just counted 6-7 knives in this thread that used to be mine....don't I feel stupid. Only a few I miss real bad...but they were all amazing. JT

Some you had first and some you had next...Ed could say the same thing!

Ed, you're my hero for carrying that knife. I lived in terror that I would drop it on a tile floor or sidewalk. That's your picture now.

I just emailed Kerry that I would take the Bose knives over 30 seconds (on a good day) of bliss with Jessica. I do need counseling.

Back