WM Beatty & Son
Cast Steel
Chester
P1070107.JPG

Attachments

• P1070109.JPG
    P1070109.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 28
No broad axe yet, just a couple of broad hatchets. I'll post a picture later.

I'm in the same boat. Just a couple of broad hatchets. Looking hard for a broad axe to slip by the bidders on ebay. Rough hewing beams would be a fun way to earn a little extra cash..

Ohhhh, I saw that one. Almost bid until I saw the shipping and the pics were not so great either. Glad you got it and its good.

The dark one on the left has no mark. The other two in the front row are Beatty and Sons. The two in the middle are Amoskeag, and the one in the back is a W. Bradley.
IMG_2071.jpg

Good score. Some of those broad axes do go under the radar. If you asked one of these high end tomahawk or axe makers to forge up something like that I wonder what they'd quote you. My guess is at least 500$.

Yeah, I figure $50 out the door is not shabby at all. It's in phenomenal shape. I see lesser pieces go for over $100 plus shipping on the bay.

The big broad axe has an incredible sounding ring to the steel. It's cool.

Yeah, I figure $50 out the door is not shabby at all. It's in phenomenal shape. I see lesser pieces go for over $100 plus shipping on the bay.

The big broad axe has an incredible sounding ring to the steel. It's cool.

Yeah that's true even in an apples to apples comparison against other vintage broad axes that's a good price.

Thanks, I am sick. Speaking of sick, where's Operator? He should have checked in by now with pics of a few dozen mint broad axes.

He's probably busy plotting his axe market domination and avoidance of anti-trust laws.

Just how many axes do you have?

Back