Broad Axes...post 'em up.

Haha, I'm starting to figure that out. I keep telling myself it's OK because I'm going to start selling some. As of yet I haven't sold single one.

Haha, I'm starting to figure that out. I keep telling myself it's OK because I'm going to start selling some. As of yet I haven't sold single one.

I have sold about 15 so far, and I had to tell myself - its ok, its ok. Sell the first and the "sickness" goes the other way, trust me.

I got mine off the Bay, from sellers in Hungary and Austria. This is riskier than a garage sale of course, but you won't come across this pattern very often at American garage sales. I've seen a few hatchet size but they were really beat up, wall hangers only.

Here are a few smaller ones.
IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

A couple more. I was able to track down the makers mark on the smaller one thanks to some of Steve Tall's links. The marks on the big one are still a mystery.
IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Here are a couple photos of an old Collins that I restored. It has a nice clear stamp, cleaned up fairly well, and holds a great edge.

Attachments

• Collins_carpen.jpg
    Collins_carpen.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 30
  • collins_2.jpg
    collins_2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
I have two nice Canadian pattern broadaxes. A C. Hammond and a pre 1930 Kelly with the handle. I also have another massive 5 1/2 pound hewing axe. It is unmarked and has the old hand hammered look to it. A very nice axe, but a little too heavy for me.

I have two nice Canadian pattern broadaxes. A C. Hammond and a pre 1930 Kelly with the handle. I also have another massive 5 1/2 pound hewing axe. It is unmarked and has the old hand hammered look to it. A very nice axe, but a little too heavy for me.

Any pics? Those sound interesting.

I would be very interested in the C Hammond - they are the ones that got me into this whole mess years ago.

Back