Buck fixed blade Fridays

ZtkG7gP.jpg

this is an engineer prototype 185 knife---1st time i saw it a few years ago was in the engineers desk drawer-i always went roaming around the office when i went out to visit joe---well i stepped into the engineers cubicle and he showed me this knife---it was heat treat gold at the time....he is retired now and he called me last week and told me he needed some cash so i went out to his house in idaho----he pulled this out of a box and said dont it look better and i about freaked out----i said nonono---he bead blasted the gold heat treat finish off---its still cool.....
DSC09377.JPGDSC09378.JPGDSC09379.JPG

this is an engineer prototype 185 knife---1st time i saw it a few years ago was in the engineers desk drawer-i always went roaming around the office when i went out to visit joe---well i stepped into the engineers cubicle and he showed me this knife---it was heat treat gold at the time....he is retired now and he called me last week and told me he needed some cash so i went out to his house in idaho----he pulled this out of a box and said dont it look better and i about freaked out----i said nonono---he bead blasted the gold heat treat finish off---its still cool.....
View attachment 1752188View attachment 1752189View attachment 1752190
whoa Craig, pure awesome there. I would have dug it in gold or as is now. either way an awesome piece of history there.

Two small fixed blade knives—a BUCK 196 Mini Alpha Hunter and a non-BUCK used knife, slightly smaller than the Mini Alpha Hunter. The second knife, roughly 5 1/8” overall length, belonged to Ötzi the Iceman and is about 5300 years old. It has a chert blade and an ash handle.

196 Mini Alpha Hunter burl copy.jpegIceman Ötzi 3300BC 13 cm long.jpg

Back