Buck Knives famous Joe Houser at OKCA Knife Show today!

Good points 300. Afghan, I think Bruce would enjoy another Buck collector to hang out with at a show and get to know. Plus, I find while at shows I really need someone to help watch my table at times as a men's room break, a sight seeing stroll or walk around really helps to refresh a person. Then you gain the benefit of experience, fielding questions and gaining knowledge on the models. It would be a great introduction for you. DM

Good points 300. Afghan, I think Bruce would enjoy another Buck collector to hang out with at a show and get to know. Plus, I find while at shows I really need someone to help watch my table at times as a men's room break, a sight seeing stroll or walk around really helps to refresh a person. Then you gain the benefit of experience, fielding questions and gaining knowledge on the models. It would be a great introduction for you. DM

I agree with all of this. As General Russel Honoré said in 2006 never walk past a nice bathroom at his age.:D

AfghanWarrior,

I have a CD with many photos, most not seen above, of the 2013 OKCA (Sunday only) I will gladly mail you if you like.

AfghanWarrior,

I have a CD with many photos, most not seen above, of the 2013 OKCA (Sunday only) I will gladly mail you if you like.

Oregon, thanks for the offer but I do not need them as I was there the day before. Maybe next year at OKCA #39 we can meet for a few seconds to put face with posts.... Are you going to BCCI 25th in Idaho?

I was thinking that if you wanted to journalize your OKCA experience for the newsletter, forum or otherwise, per Craig's suggestion, you could easily put photos with your story if you had the cd.

This year's OKCA was under new mgmt. which gives me pause considering the future. That and the fact that cyber-space has a vastly more diverse easily searchable inventory compared to any show again makes me wonder about the future. How many capable young vendors did you notice that could take over for the majority senior citizen vendors?

I'm paid, but no lodging reservations, and so is my lovely wife for this Summer's Post Falls celebration. The increased pace of constant change keeps my work all but impossible to schedule around but I hope to be there. And I hope to see you there.

I

I'm paid, but no lodging reservations, and so is my lovely wife for this Summer's Post Falls celebration. The increased pace of constant change keeps my work all but impossible to schedule around but I hope to be there. And I hope to see you there.

I will be there with my young son.:thumbup:

This year's OKCA was under new mgmt. which gives me pause considering the future. That and the fact that cyber-space has a vastly more diverse easily searchable inventory compared to any show again makes me wonder about the future. How many capable young vendors did you notice that could take over for the majority senior citizen vendors?

Coin shows and gun shows folks say the same thing. I think the youth will wake up someday and understand freedom is real multi-generational items and assets like silver, gold, guns, knives, and not land fill trash that they waste 90% of there money on.

Sweet photos,looks like a great way to spend time searching for those hard to find knives,and Joe has a collection that is stunning!

Fun in ways I've failed to show RB. This was my 6th year of attendance in a row. Bernard Levine, who lives in Eugene has been there every year but I didn't see him and didn't see his name on the list of table holders. He will sit at a table and folk will queue up to show him their oddities/unusual cutlery hoping that Bernard can shed some light on their widget. It is fun just seeing what people in the line-up are holding. From miniatures to full swords, junk, repros, presentation pieces and gems. He is a terrific fella with a trap-like mind and a terrific wealth of knowledge. I wish that I had taken photos of the lines each year. If you like Antique Roadshow and cutlery then you would enjoy Bernard's show and tell. You know. This would have made a good video now that I think it may no longer happen in the future. I'll have to ask about his plans for the future.

Awesome pics, Oregon!

I just found this post - thanks for posting all the great pictures - I love Buck knives.....

best

mqqn

Back