Bumplopedia

Well to keep this on topic, that SB was comprised of Black, Ranger Green, and Coyote Brown G-10. Personally, I think it's pretty ugly.

Well to keep this on topic, that SB was comprised of Black, Ranger Green, and Coyote Brown G-10. Personally, I think it's pretty ugly.

I actually like it. I don't know why. It's different for sure. I wouldn't hate a little more color in the line up.....maybe not that many all at once, but, a little color. ;)

I actually like it. I don't know why. It's different for sure. I wouldn't hate a little more color in the line up.....maybe not that many all at once, but, a little color. ;)
A little more color?

2834922140_5fd70a9a30_o.jpg

No problem.

:D

I will take it from your hands if you think it is ugly. Seriously, if you don't like it, I will buy that, it's just too cool. If this is possible, please send me a PM :D

And my sister would love that pink ZT :p

OK, who stole my Hello Kitty ZT? I want it back.

As for the "ugly" SB Thomas, you can send it to me. I'll make sure it never sees the light of day again. :D:D

I would test a stud lock against anything currently available and feel confident it will come through with flying colors. The rattle some of you are experiencing is the little bit of slack between the stud and the blade . This is necessary to level the lock and distribute the load evenly when the lock is engaged . I is very slight .004 but necessary for optimum lock function .
I am pleased you guys are loving the Bump. It is still my all time favorite folder design and the one I would choose if I ever had to take that trip to hell and back. It performs beautifully for almost every purpose. It does take a little getting used to because it is so different from the norm but everything has a purpose.

Ok i've always wondered this but been to afraid to ask.

Can somebody please explain the difference between and how to tell apart a Bump/Spec Bump/Speed Bump?

Please don't kill me.

EDIT: Shame on you guys for not recognizing that Tyrade, I saw it right away and I don't even own one :(

Can somebody please explain the difference between and how to tell apart a Bump/Spec Bump/Speed Bump?

Please don't kill me.

EDIT: Shame on you guys for not recognizing that Tyrade, I saw it right away and I don't even own one :(

I recognized the tyrade :D

Spec bump = G-10 scales, Black S30V blade
Speed bump = Santoprene+Akulon (sp?) handles with beadblasted Sandvic blade.

Please don't kill me.

Dude, did the pics not help?:eek:;)

Spec Bumps: All production models have stud lock, G10 scales, S30V or CPM154 blade, DLC coating.

Speed Spec: Studlock, G10, Uncoated 13c26 blade

Speed Bump: Studlock, Akulon or aluminum scales, Uncoated 13c26 blade

Bump or Titanium Bump: Framelock, Titanium scales, Satin finish S30V blade.

Seemingly, the Kershaw Offset and Bump have a lot of similarities?

Looks like the model numbers were used somewhat interchangeably, like 1595, 1596 and 1597?

The three with full titanium scales were Bump 1590BL (Blue), 1590GR (Green) and 1590GRY (Gray)?

Back