1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Busse Black Friday Rules, Pricing, And Details For Wednesday November 27, 2019

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Went for the grab bag. :)

Bigfattyt, ScoMa, vkp78 and 1 other person like this.
  2. brenden23

brenden23

Oct 28, 2019
    If I knew steak knives were coming this this time around I would order a second for sure!

ScoMa likes this.
  3. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I went for a couple... Let's see what my luck brings! I was sucked in my Amy-0's post about CS pieces and classics/older models being in the grab bags.

I'm certainly a fan of the idea that we all get something different and we end up jumping to our own exchange to trade. I'm sure I'll probably get something that someone else would be more excited to get, and vice versa! I think that's one of the many things that makes this forum great! (Would be a big fan if we had our own dedicated WTT forum or if we are allowed to make trade-only posts in our exchange!)

4. RobertK

RobertK post tenebras lux Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2010
    To be honest, I am not sure what I am even hoping for. Part of me wants a sword...

ScoMa likes this.
  5. brenden23

brenden23

Oct 28, 2019

I broke down and bought a second!

I would take a shot or long Butaniku over anything!

ScoMa likes this.
  6. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Long Butaniku would be super nice... As I have a battle grade AK and a Rucki.

I wouldn't mind having something like a Hog Nose War Sword either... That's why I ended up adding on a $1000 bag to my original $500 bag.

ScoMa, duramax and vkp78 like this.
  7. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Long sword, short sword, dagger, steak knife, mosaic pins, Battle Mistress, cleaver, custom shop, Mean Street, Gladius, BB13, ASH, corral handles, WTF/WTH, HOG B8, Chophouse, BOSS Jack, NMSFNO, TGP, exotic wood, Nuclear Seahorse, MOAB, Sarsquatch, Lardo, and so on, and so on, and so on....

brenden23 likes this.
  8. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I got one once, so it is a possibility.

9. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    What I love about the grab bags is it often sets you up with blades that you passed on because you thought it wasnt your thing. The Boss Jack was that way for me. Thought it looked like a gamblers boot knife for stabbing card cheats in the belly. Turns out it's also a beautifully balanced bushcraft craft knife. Lol!

10. MadMarkie

MadMarkie Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2013
    No, I traded it for a CG+$ as I'm more of a user kinda guy.... but it was spectacular! I *might* have plans to strip, polish, and custom grip the CG though;)

ScoMa likes this.
  11. MadMarkie

MadMarkie Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2013
    The HOG Badger was like that for me... looked great, but why when I have a few INFI RMDs? Then I held one.... and couldn't let go!

clampdaddy and ScoMa like this.
  12. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    The HOG Badger came out at a financially bad time for me. That, the FMV14 and the Forsaken Mistress are the ones that got away.

13. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I'm really hoping for a Forsaken Mistress... I missed that one.. wouldn't mind an FMV8 To complement my Spartan worn FMV14 :D

Or any other sword-like big boys... Or any of the smaller busses would be nice too... Smaller like Mean Street, Whiskey Warden size CS pieces. I really wouldn't mind some good older models. Those I never had the chance to get!

vkp78, ScoMa and joeldworkin307 like this.
  14. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    I wonder when these will actually start shipping out... Grab Bags

Said 6 weeks or longer on the webpage.

15. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Let's hope not, I'll have to go spend more money on the exchange with you fine people. I haven't gotten a new or new to me knife in too long.

Ankerson likes this.
  16. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Last year’s Black Friday info, courtesy of John the Texican

Grab Bags: $500 and $1000
    Offer Date: 11/19/2018
    First ding date: 12/13/2018
    First shipping date: 01/07/2019

Although, Amy said they were boxing them up last Wednesday, so....

vkp78 and lmcq784 like this.
  17. GSwag

GSwag

May 23, 2018
    Been a while since I bought anything and I love surprises so I couldn't resist. 1K were all that were left. I like teh surprise factor and am a sucker for these blind deals. I have the worst luck usually but we will see.

lmcq784 and ScoMa like this.
  18. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    You can’t be that unlucky. You were able to get a bag at last call. :thumbsup:

GSwag and lmcq784 like this.
  19. GSwag

GSwag

May 23, 2018
    Thanks, looking forward to this

ScoMa likes this.
  20. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I mean, how unlucky can you be?? Most (if not all) of the recent Busse offerings have been flat out irresistible!! It's a box full of Busse! It can't possibly be bad!

GSwag and ScoMa like this.