Busse Black Friday Rules, Pricing, And Details For Wednesday November 27, 2019

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Nov 27, 2019.

1. GSwag

GSwag Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2018
    Oh I know. I’ll be happy with whatever they send. If I wasn’t confident of that, I would not spend that much. Just taking a swipe at my general luck

lmcq784 likes this.
  2. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    When it comes to grab bags, I feel that luck only applies to how quickly your order dings and ships. If yours is one of the first or if it’s one of the last, a case could be made for both being lucky. On one hand, you don’t have to deal with waiting and waiting while watching everyone else get their goodies. On the other hand, some of the nicest custom shop pieces seem to find their way into the later batches. Either way, can’t wait to see what we get.

purest and lmcq784 like this.
  3. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Do all the bags need to sell before they can process the orders? I can see that being the case in order to maintain inventory control and such.

4. n850gt

n850gt Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Let me tell you my story.

I had a $500 grab bag in my cart for over a week but couldn’t bring myself to check out. My hesitation wasn’t because I don’t love the grab bag concept or the fact the past couple of grab bags I’ve received haven’t been enormously satisfying. It was that I didn’t really have a Busse itch to scratch for $500 or more. Admittedly however, it ate at me.

I missed the $500 grab bag last call email. I had assumed they were still available when I received the $1000 last call email yesterday. How bummed was I that my first choice went away? I kinda expected it would and was counting on fate to relieve my burden. Since I hesitated for so long on the $500 bag there was no way I’d go for a $1000 bag. Leave it for someone else to get immense joy pulling down a sweet custom shop piece with glinting hand polished INFI and Crab Shack masterpiece scales or awesome production blade they may have missed out on. How amazing would those knives look in relation to the others in their collection?

So anyway I have a $1000 grab bag on order.

David Lennon, vkp78, ScoMa and 2 others like this.
  5. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Excellent rationale. Sounds mind, sounds purchase.

ScoMa and Panthera tigris like this.
  6. ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    I assume that no order would be processed while the sale is still live. Which it no longer is. That being said, this is Busse we’re talking about. It will be two weeks.

As with all things Busse, he who hesitates is doomed to pay twice as much later. Congrats on the big bag!

7. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    I just got dinged for my grab bag order.

lmcq784 and Ankerson like this.
  8. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2002
    I got dinged too. :thumbsup:

VashHash likes this.
  9. GSwag

GSwag Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2018
    i want to see pictures of what everyone got when they start arriving.

ScoMa and lmcq784 like this.
  10. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Anxiously waiting

ScoMa likes this.
  11. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Dinged

VashHash and ScoMa like this.
  12. brenden23

brenden23 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Got dinged for my first bag. Not the second one yet.

Looks like it may be a merry Busse Xmas after all!

VashHash and ScoMa like this.
  13. purest

purest

Oct 22, 2019
    Or the people with the CS pieces you're talking about post their pics last. Conspiracy?

ScoMa likes this.
  14. purest

purest

Oct 22, 2019
    It cracks me up to see people posting all the things they would want and possibly wouldn't want. I have joked around privately with people about buying a grab bag and I have a couple "nightmare" scenarios. I'd get an axe and a CS Cleaver... FML Things I just never would need and feel like would be a hard sell/trade. Or, I'd get a box of stuff that everything in it was something I could never part with because I liked it so much. My wife would kill me. Tell you what though, I looked through all the pics from the past grab bags, and if I could pull a knife out of a hat that looks like the most comfy blade I've ever seen for me, it was the CS Ergo PD's. Damn, some of those were good looking.

vkp78 and ScoMa like this.
  15. ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Dang!! TGULB and grab bag dings are happening? Can’t wait for Jerry to drain my account, too!

Sure like mine, even though it was far from the most exotic.
    [​IMG]

vkp78 and purest like this.
  16. ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    To those who have been dinged for their bags, how many of which bags did you get?

17. brenden23

brenden23 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I got dinged for a $500 bag that I ordered within 2 hours of the grab bag sale going live. I ordered a second $500 bag on the 1st that has not been invoiced yet.

ScoMa likes this.
  18. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    UPDATE on Grab Bags. We just started processing them (Remember they are blind) We starting processing them today. I just give the invoices that are paid and the boxes come to shipping room. Honest to goodness, it is BLIND. No idea what is in the boxes? Driving ME crazy LOL:mad:. Shipping Department is getting slammed. Batches of knives that are shipping. I think shipping is very Busy. Happy Monday All.

vkp78, David Lennon, VashHash and 2 others like this.
  19. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2002

I suppose you will have to wait and see once they start coming in and we post up what we got. :)

I look at it like a present, I don't know what it is until it gets here.

Like an EARLY XMAS present.

lmcq784 likes this.
  20. purest

purest

Oct 22, 2019
    Pretty much exactly like that. I saw one that was determined to be blue kirinite, to me it looked like fish scales. I thought it was sexy as hell. I actually really like yours. Simple and elegant, but fancy enough to be classy. I'd love a knife like that.

ScoMa and lmcq784 like this.