1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Busse Combat Will Not Be Attending BLADE Show 2019. . .YeeeHawwww!!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    :cool:Due to some incredible projects currently in the works and coupled with the enormous number of orders that we have in process, there is simply no way to fit the BLADE Show into our schedule this year.

Stay tuned for lot's of killer cool INFI coming your way! :cool::cool::cool:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

2. Murman

Murman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 11, 2015
    I smell bacon

3. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Whaaaaaat??? :( :( :( I has a sad...

An era has come to a close. Damn sorry I missed it.

4. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Phew! Lucky we didn't splurge on air fares this year :)

messer454 and Still Voracious like this.
  5. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    You, my friend, have a highly tuned snout!!! :eek::eek::D

Let's Drink!

Jerry :D

Still Voracious and Murman like this.
  6. Murman

Murman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 11, 2015
    IMG_20171025_225952.jpg

boring and Ironkid883 like this.
  7. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't smell a thing through these tears. :(

GregB, AntDog, bullpin and 4 others like this.
  8. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    This is great news for a Piglet like me as reading about all the show specials has bummed me out that I missed them.

I thought I was doomed to miss them forever since I'll probably never be able to get to Blade. Now it looks like I'll have my shot in the GANZAAS like everybody else.

Can't wait to see what's next as everything offered up this year has been awesome!

9. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    I reckon there's gotta be a Busse Blade Show held in Ohio. Just set up that enormous booth in the street and invite everyone along for a massive party. Booze, bbqs and blades.

10. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I'm glad that I attended the Blade shows in the past; a shame newer Hogs and Piglets will not get the chance.

GregB and unwisefool like this.
  11. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    This is very sad news. Aside from the fantastic knives, a big part of the Busse draw for me over the past several years has been the camaraderie meeting with, talking with, and drinking with fellow Busse enthusiasts at Blade Show. Doing away with that face to face interaction with the Busse crew at Blade (and the other shows as well) is a tremendous negative. I completely understand that the Busse shop is busy, but removing that physical customer / employee interaction removes a big part of the essence of what it truly is to be a Busse collector, at least to me. This coupled with the fact that the custom shop has been closed for so long and that it's not possible to truly order a custom Busse anymore (I understand that there are grab bags and things but that's luck of the draw), represents to me a very sad trend. It's great that there are other knife makers out there that have really stepped up their game in the last couple years, but Busse is my first knife love and I really miss what it used to be. Of course, nothing in this world lasts forever in any given form, but change is not always for the best.

This really is not intended to be a rant, it's just one man's opinion. I believe that my years of collecting and owning well over 100 Busse's represents sufficient history to express my opinion for what it is. If this post offends anyone, that is not my intent.

12. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Your post should not offend anyone. Jerry was there too and I'm sure he'd rather hang out and party with a bunch of HOGs than spend the long days in the shop but time constraints plague us all and success can be a curse in disguise.

I'm sure the face-to-face meetups and custom shop blades are not gone forever. For instance, I keep trying to arrange a chop in town here in South Florida during the winter! :D We've got 80° sunny weather all winter and an endless supply of invasive exotic species begging for some INFI punishment! :D

I'm sorry I missed all the great times passed but I'm sure there are more to come. This will likely not be the last chapter in the Busse Saga! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tuica, Ironkid883 and MacLaren1 like this.
  13. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Im sure the lads who attend will be upset, more bacon for us?mwahahaha .

14. Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    Blade is not what it used to be.

Also, lui Lang and cohorts would scoop up the choicest blades the last couple of times they did sales. I'd rather take my chances online.

15. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I was hoping to see some Crab Shack V14s on display at Blade this year. My passion for knives was/is fueled by Busse and my collection is 95% Busse. Can't see myself making the pilgrimage to Atlanta just to pay homage to the other 5%...but I'm hopeful we'll see at least one offering this year with grab bag style Crab Shack handles (FMV4 or FMV24???:D). Or maybe the elusive folder so I can have a legit Busse EDC. Of course the TGLB LE or 10" Jackhammer seem to be the next in line for the squeakiest wheel to get the grease. ;)

Crosier likes this.
  16. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    First you stop going to Knob Creek, now Blade.

I suppose I was able to afford Busse's too late. :(

j_d and littlehoot like this.
  17. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Man, that's a shame that they get all those nice blades.

j_d and David Lennon like this.
  18. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Ya know, the Bossman and Busse are A#1 people.
    I'm sure they are doing what's best for them and us.
    Busse has ALWAYS been very good to me.
    Maybe....just maybe, the Bossman could set up an exclusive Busse GTG in Ohio. I know Atlanta can be a pita.

19. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    BUSSE BLOCK PARTY!!!! I would actually travel to attend this.

20. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002

I am sure you will be missed. :(