Busse push knife

Well, people like what they like... If there is a push dagger in INFI and people like it, they will buy it; and the other way around applies. It doesn’t matter about the purposes; or if the knife is used (or not), or for how many times... There are those who collect after all...

O
Actually, more so 308, 30-06. I only know one guy who has a 30-30 and it is a collectable Winchester he has never shot.

460 rowland I know a few guys who have it up here. With the rowland comp it ends up shooting like 45acp +p on recoil and muzzle rise.
Yeah. Not sure how I forgot good 30-06. Love that round. It's still hilarious to me people freak out over 5.56/.223 🤣.. bro go look at a 30-06 or .308 round and talk to me about scary guns.

I can agree with that. The gp was easily the most durable revolve I've ever owned. Thing is a tank

I have a couple of them, one in .44Special. THAT is my favorite, at a 3" barrel, but adjustable sights. FANTASTIC piece, carries well. The only thing I'd change about it is I would like to get the cylinder fluted to make it even a little lighter.
But if I'm going anywhere there may be bears, of any type, then I'm pretty much keeping a .357Mag nearby, at a minimum.

Or, the Remington model 10... with 00 buck down a trench......
Now we're just naming all of em haha.
I have a couple of them, one in .44Special. THAT is my favorite, at a 3" barrel, but adjustable sights. FANTASTIC piece, carries well. The only thing I'd change about it is I would like to get the cylinder fluted to make it even a little lighter.
But if I'm going anywhere there may be bears, of any type, then I'm pretty much keeping a .357Mag nearby, at a minimum.
That sounds super nice. Definitely a good bear deterant haha

I want a Busse(kin) push dagger. Soooo bad.

Imo they're most THE MOST effective defensive/offensive knives money can buy.

1. You need little to zero training to use one effectively. You literally just have to punch (that makes them; effectively; the most powerful 1 handed stabbing weapon I can think of)

2. You can't take it out of someone's hands. Go ahead and try.

3. It's very difficult to cut YOURSELF with. It's unnatural to point the front of your fist at your own chest. Again.. try it

There's a plethora of other reasons.

It makes the most sense to me.. I mean cmon dude. Didn't you basically make one of the best impact steels ever conceived?

This could very well be the best combat knife your combat knife company ever made imo.

Name another blade style more effective at puncturing than a long pointy push dagger. There might be one out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find it.

I swear one day I'll have this.. Even if I have to use an old infi knife as a blank.. then grind it up myself.

Preferably one that comes up through your pointer and middle finger. It is the most natural knuckles (and strongest knuckles) to use in an effective punch. This style.. but Busse'd out, and with 2 blades specifically. https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/push-dagger-shivworks/
Why thank you good sir. I really have put considerable thought into this over the years of carrying knives on my person. I have several (blades that is,) most days.. for different tasks. I have probably owned near 15 ~ 20 push daggers over the years. I love them more and more as time goes on. Honestly can't think of a better weak hand weapon than a push dagger. No one will know you have it till they feel it. Also you can't put a price on having a weapon you can make distance with while you draw your gun with your strong hand.. especially one that basically no one can take from you without getting very very injured in the process. Think quick jabs to make room while your other hand is pulling your main weapon.

That's funny. You just named 3 of my 5 Sykco's. Love them all. I still think a push dagger is something you can't quite replace in function. I have tried with dozens of weapons. I do think you could get all three of those knives through body armor, but I honestly think it would be easier with a double sided dagger coming up between your pointer and middle finger.

While I agree they're scary. That's kind of a selling point on a knife I only intend to take out if I feel my life is being threatened. Ya know? Well that and.... Busse COMBAT Knives. If anyone should be making push knives that are nigh unbreakable; it should be Jerry Busse; right? I personally would buy at least 2.

Ohhhhh please.. If this is true and anyone knows how I might procure one lolol. Honestly just knowing it's existed at some point would make me happy. It just seems like such a missed opportunity if not. Well that and them being my favorite style of knife bar none.

All in all I stand by my statement.. If I were being attacked. I would want a push dagger.

I could be wrong but I think maybe what was meant was that push daggers ride the legality line. I don’t think want to speak for someone else about what they meant, so if that wasn’t my the intention, my apologies. However, push daggers are eliminated from a lot of places by laws lumping them into categories like dirks. Then again, some of those places like the People’s Republic of California, it is illegal to own cotton balls.

You cant go on about stabbing and pulling guns.

I don’t really think there was anything wrong with what was posted. There was nothing that appeared to be malicious, illegal, or irresponsible In my opinion.

As far as the content in question though, unless you are pulling a knife as the aggressor, I am not entirely sure how someone would not notice you pulling one. And, I am far from an hand-to-hand or blade combat expert so someone else would have to lend their expert opinion to this conversation for my education. Being currently uneducated, it is my opinion that if someone would like to use their non-dominant hand to draw their knife to use on me while I was defending myself with a gun, I would welcome the effort. Just thinking about it from a viewpoint of how effective anything I try to do with my non-dominant hand, I would think That someone else with a knife in their non-dominant hand would be far less effective than me pistol whipping the bahjesus out of them with my dominant hand. Though, of course, I would hope to use escape/evasion first, to strive for de-escalation second, and if that was not possible I would hope to use a gun properly (as opposed to a club) as a final result.

oops.. I didn't type anything. Just quoted in this one 😅

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think maybe what was meant was that push daggers ride the legality line. I don’t think want to speak for someone else about what they meant, so if that wasn’t my the intention, my apologies. However, push daggers are eliminated from a lot of places by laws lumping them into categories like dirks. Then again, some of those places like the People’s Republic of California, it is illegal to own cotton balls.

I don’t really think there was anything wrong with what was posted. There was nothing that appeared to be malicious, illegal, or irresponsible In my opinion.

As far as the content in question though, unless you are pulling a knife as the aggressor, I am not entirely sure how someone would not notice you pulling one. And, I am far from an hand-to-hand or blade combat expert so someone else would have to lend their expert opinion to this conversation for my education. Being currently uneducated, it is my opinion that if someone would like to use their non-dominant hand to draw their knife to use on me while I was defending myself with a gun, I would welcome the effort. Just thinking about it from a viewpoint of how effective anything I try to do with my non-dominant hand, I would think That someone else with a knife in their non-dominant hand would be far less effective than me pistol whipping the bahjesus out of them with my dominant hand. Though, of course, I would hope to use escape/evasion first, to strive for de-escalation second, and if that was not possible I would hope to use a gun properly (as opposed to a club) as a final result.
Yeah they're super illegal in a lot of places. I don't ever think about legality really.. because... Arkansas (same for gun stuff).

Also I never meant anything assuming you/I would be the aggressor. Everything I typed was assuming you are defending yourself..

I think you'd be very surprised how effective your non-dominant hand can be if you train it.

You basically had the idea though. Pull the push dagger with the (trained) non-dominant hand and use it to make space if you can't get your gun out. Say.. in case you can't use your dominant hand for whatever reason (being held.. it's hurt). I literally mean this is a last resort... you always try to pull your gun first. This only gets used if you CAN'T use your first choices.

Thanks for responding. It was a well thought out response.

Yeah they're super illegal in a lot of places. I don't ever think about legality really.. because... Arkansas (same for gun stuff).

Also I never meant anything assuming you/I would be the aggressor. Everything I typed was assuming you are defending yourself..

I think you'd be very surprised how effective your non-dominant hand can be if you train it.

You basically had the idea though. Pull the push dagger with the (trained) non-dominant hand and use it to make space if you can't get your gun out. Say.. in case you can't use your dominant hand for whatever reason (being held.. it's hurt). I literally mean this is a last resort... you always try to pull your gun first. This only gets used if you CAN'T use your first choices.

Thanks for responding. It was a well thought out response.
“’cause” Arkansas... have that same law here. ‘cause Arizona.

23039D84-2280-4D1A-92BC-96C71BE526D5.jpeg

I seem to keep finding an excuse to post that.

Training a non-dominant hand is not something that is ever going to happen for me with a blade. But I whole heartedly agree. Last resort time is time for anything you’ve got. Teeth included.

What I can say with 100% accuracy is I never want to find out what it’s like to need to defend myself.

View attachment 1674999

Training a non-dominant hand is not something that is ever going to happen for me with a blade. But I whole heartedly agree. Last resort time is time for anything you’ve got. Teeth included.

What I can say with 100% accuracy is I never want to find out what it’s like to need to defend myself.
Lol you’re not the only one. I always seem to go out of my way to find relevancy to post the same old pics.

View attachment 1674999

For real.. teeth actual is a go to for a LOT of people lol. I have been bitten like 5.. maybe 6 (I think?) times by adult men. We're no German Shepards (humans) but that shit still hurts bad hahaha.
Lol you’re not the only one. I always seem to go out of my way to find relevancy to post the same old pics.
I need to get around to making some of these sexy pics to post on here. I see them and I'm instantly reminded of some knife magazines, online shops, etc.

Some of you guys are dope photographers. I doubt when I get around to it mine look half that cool. Nice pics.

My thought on a knife on my non dominant hand is if I cannot pull a gun out due to the bad guy grabbing at the gun in the holster, or in my hand.

The knife is smaller then a back up gun, and gives plenty of "ouch" to get him away from me.

And things like the triceratops have a sex/class appeal. Which means I'm probably gonna have to get a 2011 to conceal carry instead of a g19

For real.. teeth actual is a go to for a LOT of people lol. I have been bitten like 5.. maybe 6 (I think?) times by adult men. We're no German Shepards (humans) but that shit still hurts bad hahaha.

I need to get around to making some of these sexy pics to post on here. I see them and I'm instantly reminded of some knife magazines, online shops, etc.

Some of you guys are dope photographers. I doubt when I get around to it mine look half that cool. Nice pics.
I only said teeth, because hen the topic of self defense gets brought up in person around me, there always seems to be the people who will come up with some elaborate “fool proof” method of what they will do. Mind you it would take constant training to be proficient enough to actually defend yourself from a determined attacker. There are also those people who seem to have limits to what measures they will take to defend themselves. I for one, if put you a decision of my life or yours am not above chewing piece completely off of someone. I also do not believe in a “fair fight” when you need to defend yourself.

My thought on a knife on my non dominant hand is if I cannot pull a gun out due to the bad guy grabbing at the gun in the holster, or in my hand.

The knife is smaller then a back up gun, and gives plenty of "ouch" to get him away from me.

And things like the triceratops have a sex/class appeal. Which means I'm probably gonna have to get a 2011 to conceal carry instead of a g19
I totally agree with you, but I stick to my earlier statement if I just don’t want to ever be in the situation that I am close enough to someone that I can’t deploy my firearm. But push comes to shove, I’d fight really dirty.

I missed out on the Triceratops because my e-mail is down and I checked Saturday not Sunday. :(

Those 2011’s are so sexy. I’ve wanted to get one for a long time. But I fear that they just ought be twice as unreliable as a 1911. LOL. If I was going to spend that much on a new handgun though, I think I would land on the P30L. But I honestly don’t know that I will ever find something I like better than my P229 E2.

I get why people like 1922’s and 2011’s. Strangely, I prefer to carry my P229 in .40 even though that P229 E2 in 9mm I can shoot twice as fast with the Same or better accuracy than my .40.

I totally agree with you, but I stick to my earlier statement if I just don’t want to ever be in the situation that I am close enough to someone that I can’t deploy my firearm. But push comes to shove, I’d fight really dirty.

I missed out on the Triceratops because my e-mail is down and I checked Saturday not Sunday. :(

Those 2011’s are so sexy. I’ve wanted to get one for a long time. But I fear that they just ought be twice as unreliable as a 1911. LOL. If I was going to spend that much on a new handgun though, I think I would land on the P30L. But I honestly don’t know that I will ever find something I like better than my P229 E2.

I get why people like 1922’s and 2011’s. Strangely, I prefer to carry my P229 in .40 even though that P229 E2 in 9mm I can shoot twice as fast with the Same or better accuracy than my .40.
See, I'm in ak. And I want to get the rock island in 10mm. I aint a fan fo 40 short and wimpy. Lol.

The staccato 2011’s look super sweet. Seems like if you get a good 2011 mag your g2g. Look up garand thumbs video.

See, I'm in ak. And I want to get the rock island in 10mm. I aint a fan fo 40 short and wimpy. Lol.

The staccato 2011’s look super sweet. Seems like if you get a good 2011 mag your g2g. Look up garand thumbs video.
I was kinda joking about reliability. I have a 1911 that I bought in 2003. It has been back to the manufacturer 5 times. I won’t say who because they are a good company. I got it to cycle it’s first full 7 round mag this summer. So frustrated.

I get the “everything is bigger in Alaska”, but if you’re buying for self defense, the bad guys will go down with anything if you out enough lead in them or hit them in the sweet spot. I actually enjoy carrying a Walther P-22 sometimes.

I do get the appeal of those 10mm’s. But I would get tired from lugging it around.

If it is for protection from animals, I have to say, I would probably prefer carrying a slinger rifle/shotgun. Also, there is something to be said for 17 rounds in those 9mm mags.

I was kinda joking about reliability. I have a 1911 that I bought in 2003. It has been back to the manufacturer 5 times. I won’t say who because they are a good company. I got it to cycle it’s first full 7 round mag this summer. So frustrated.

I get the “everything is bigger in Alaska”, but if you’re buying for self defense, the bad guys will go down with anything if you out enough lead in them or hit them in the sweet spot. I actually enjoy carrying a Walther P-22 sometimes.

I do get the appeal of those 10mm’s. But I would get tired from lugging it around.

If it is for protection from animals, I have to say, I would probably prefer carrying a slinger rifle/shotgun. Also, there is something to be said for 17 rounds in those 9mm mags.
For sure. 10mm is appealing because I am a mag swap from 180 grain hollow points to 220 grain hard cast lead.

I carry 135 grain Hornaday critical duty +p and am more then confident. I just like the 10mm versatility on paper.

Now when I am hunting, and not just going for a random hike, I carry a S&W 629, and depending what and where I'm hunting I'll have my .338, or my .44 lever action.

And what 1911 did that to ya? My colt only has issues after about 500 rounds of garbage ammo. And that is because it was made in the 80s and is older then I am.

I just need to disassemble the extractor, and firing pin and clean those up. Then she is good for another 500 rounds.

For sure. 10mm is appealing because I am a mag swap from 180 grain hollow points to 220 grain hard cast lead.

I carry 135 grain Hornaday critical duty +p and am more then confident. I just like the 10mm versatility on paper.

Now when I am hunting, and not just going for a random hike, I carry a S&W 629, and depending what and where I'm hunting I'll have my .338, or my .44 lever action.

And what 1911 did that to ya? My colt only has issues after about 500 rounds of garbage ammo. And that is because it was made in the 80s and is older then I am.

I just need to disassemble the extractor, and firing pin and clean those up. Then she is good for another 500 rounds.
Oh, I don’t want to mention the manufacturer. honestly I have had problems with all the big manufactures 1911’s unless you get their top end model.

Sounds like you’ll be just fine with your loadout. When you go loaded for bear, it’s actually true. Lol.

I see what you mean about different mag loads. The thing is, if you need your firearm for real, there isn’t time to swap mags. It’s much better to give the bad guy that “f*** I’m being shot at” feeling, than worrying about what you’re hitting him with. I think that’s why I prefer my P229. But I learned a long time ago with guns, everyone has their preference and that’s the way it should be. :)

Hopefully none of us will ever actually need them. But I think everyone should carry. It keeps the bad guys on their toes.

Back