Busse push knife

Oh, I don’t want to mention the manufacturer. honestly I have had problems with all the big manufactures 1911’s unless you get their top end model.

Sounds like you’ll be just fine with your loadout. When you go loaded for bear, it’s actually true. Lol.

I see what you mean about different mag loads. The thing is, if you need your firearm for real, there isn’t time to swap mags. It’s much better to give the bad guy that “f*** I’m being shot at” feeling, than worrying about what you’re hitting him with. I think that’s why I prefer my P229. But I learned a long time ago with guns, everyone has their preference and that’s the way it should be. :)

Hopefully none of us will ever actually need them. But I think everyone should carry. It keeps the bad guys on their toes.
Agree 100%. Also another want for a "bear load capable ccw" is due to me watching local PD attempt to dispatch a moose.

The state trooper stunned the animal with a 40 cal. But then didn't allow me to bleed the animal. Which I've done with caribou, steers, and multiple pigs, including one 800 lbs sow.

Then local pd came and it took them 3 minutes to figure out how to use a shotgun, then 3 slugs to kill the poor animal.

So to clarify, it is not a big inconvenience to have a mag of 220 grain Hard cast in the glove box for hikes or that situation.

I even had my hr2 in the truck and could have bled the animal out with that easily.

Seems to me everyone here would be fine (probably) if it came down to it. I have heard a couple negatives about some 2011 mags. I just love the platform. I'm sure there has to be another I'd like as much or more out there that I've never really played with enough. Like 5.7 for example.. I've shot it maybe 3 different occasions. I would LIKE to say I'd like it as much as 9mm. Shoots super flat. You can (kinda) reach out and touch someone even though it's a pistol, and it packs a wallop. It's expensive is all though. I'm not sure for the price (of the gun AND per box) I would want to switch calibers entirely instead of just getting a more reliable platform in the caliber I'm used to..

10mm is the way to go for autoloaders, IMO. I would also highly recommend the .45, just get a gun strong enough to handle the +P variants. It’s seems like most of you guys are having issues with your 1911’s. Ammo issues? Maybe the feed ramp needs to be throated a little more and polished? Also the ejection port edges might need to be rounded off a little. I gun smith my own guns for 85% of the issues I’ve ever had, been careful and patient and never had an issue. My Springfield Mil-spec is old as hell, ugly AF and the only original parts are the frame and slide. Every internal part is new. I did some minor machine work (dremel lol). It runs like a race gun now.

When I originally bought it, the only ammo I ever had issues with with was 185 grain conical hollow points. It ate everything else, including my personal favorite, Hornady TAP 200 grain +P. Those rounds were conical also. I put so much work and time into this gun because 1) I wanted to make sure is was absolutely reliable with ALL ammo, and 2) it’s my only 1911. Well it’s nowhere near as pretty as a Nighthawk/Ed Brown/Wilson Combat, it just as solid and in terms of functionality, I’d put it up against any of those guns. Lol i forgot the original purpose of this thread
P.S. forgive the Kabar on the Busse sub forum but this pic was originally for another sub forum lol.

Last edited:
10mm is the way to go for autoloaders, IMO. I would also highly recommend the .45, just get a gun strong enough to handle the +P variants. It’s seems like most of you guys are having issues with your 1911’s. Ammo issues? Maybe the feed ramp needs to be throated a little more and polished? Also the ejection port edges might need to be rounded off a little. I gun smith my own guns for 85% of the issues I’ve ever had, been careful and patient and never had an issue. My Springfield Mil-spec is old as hell, ugly AF and the only original parts are the frame and slide. Every internal part is new. I did some minor machine work (dremel lol). It runs like a race gun now.

When I originally bought it, the only ammo I ever had issues with with was 185 grain conical hollow points. It ate everything else, including my personal favorite, Hornady TAP 200 grain +P. Those rounds were conical also. I put so much work and time into this gun because 1) I wanted to make sure is was absolutely reliable with ALL ammo, and 2) it’s my only 1911. Well it’s nowhere near as pretty as a Nighthawk/Ed Brown/Wilson Combat, it just as solid and in terms of functionality, I’d put it up against any of those guns. Lol i forgot the original purpose of this thread
P.S. forgive the Kabar on the Busse sub forum but this pic was originally for another sub forum lol.
The long and the short of the issues with most 1911’s is not ammo. Factory good brass cased ammo should work fine. It’s that in the past couple decades there are some many new makers of 1911’s and each manufacturer has made their iteration with such tight tolerances that they don’t work as well as the older rattling Colt versions. Anyone who wants to argue that point with me, I understand you have your perspective on things. But 30 years ago, there wasn’t the “need” to have your brand new gun sent to the manufacturer to add a “reliability package” so it will work right. My two cents on that, and probably why mine went back to the factory 5 times, is I am not going to pay for a reliability package on a product until it at least proves that It can work. If it works, I Donny have a problem spending money to increase the overall reliability and accuracy. But you shouldn’t be able to take a $750-1000, 1911 out of the box and fail to feed in the first mag. especially when you can go buy a Glock (I personnally don’t like Glock) and have it function perfectly until it dies.

The long and the short of the issues with most 1911’s is not ammo. Factory good brass cased ammo should work fine. It’s that in the past couple decades there are some many new makers of 1911’s and each manufacturer has made their iteration with such tight tolerances that they don’t work as well as the older rattling Colt versions. Anyone who wants to argue that point with me, I understand you have your perspective on things. But 30 years ago, there wasn’t the “need” to have your brand new gun sent to the manufacturer to add a “reliability package” so it will work right. My two cents on that, and probably why mine went back to the factory 5 times, is I am not going to pay for a reliability package on a product until it at least proves that It can work. If it works, I Donny have a problem spending money to increase the overall reliability and accuracy. But you shouldn’t be able to take a $750-1000, 1911 out of the box and fail to feed in the first mag. especially when you can go buy a Glock (I personnally don’t like Glock) and have it function perfectly until it dies.
I hate the way glocks look, and I hate their fan base.....

But they work, function flawlessly no matter what, and are at a decent enough price point. So I own glocks. I agree with you on the tolerances. I do not think you should spend over 1k on a gun, and not be able to run factory ammo in it.

Same with busse knives. I am not gonna buy a blade and leave it as a safe queen. I will carry it and use it. One of the reasons I am probably gonna sell my cerakote antique bronze trash 2. It is very unique, and would probably be better off with a collector then abused by me.

If that’s a full size officers model. I think we might have the same .45.

If that’s a full size officers model. I think we might have the same .45.
Mine has this weird Nickle plating. It is full sized officer's model. Very well worn and I have no clue how many rounds it has had through it.

I enjoy SIG stuff. I shoot the best with the .45 but pack the smaller 9. Out camping ill take Ruger 357 or Alaskan 44.

I enjoy SIG stuff. I shoot the best with the .45 but pack the smaller 9. Out camping ill take Ruger 357 or Alaskan 44.
Sweet 938 Makael Makael , I have a Kimber Micro 9 that I EDC every day in the summer. The colder fall and winter days see the 3” 686+.

Bump.. maybe he'll reconsider before the inevitable collapse.

Cmon Jerry 👀 you know they'd become grails instantly

Back