1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

But I wanna be cool too! (The titanium framelock flipper thread) got pics??

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Stolenives, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Stolenives

Stolenives

Jul 12, 2017
    We've all seen them. You read the title and that's why you're here-the latest overwhelming trend that you see on IG, YouTube, FB. Everyone and their grandmother has a high end frame lock. How times have changed the past 10 years...framelocks were on cheap knives and flippers used to be available only on customs. Post some pics of your favorite if you have them, and since I want to add to my collection a great execution for this style of folder, let me know what you'd suggest to a friend to buy. Price range for me is $200 max- but post anything you want!!

2. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    palonej and GB940Rookie like this.
  3. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2007
    This is the nicest and my most favorite. I'm actualy gonna dump most of my collection just to get one or two more steelcrafts when more are made to my liking.

image1.JPG IMG_0238.JPG

t.willy, palonej and GB940Rookie like this.
  4. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    My grandmother does not have a high end frame lock.

5. Old Biker

Old Biker

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

O.B.

palonej and GB940Rookie like this.
  6. AtechReviews

AtechReviews

Jul 3, 2017
    GB940Rookie likes this.
  7. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Platinum Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I have dozens of titanium framelock flippers somehow, but here is one of my current very most favorites:

[​IMG]

8. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Sorry, but I do not and will not own them.

kvaughn likes this.
  9. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    In my pocket just now. [​IMG]
    I did order my first Olamic yesterday, just a wee bit excited about that. :)

The 0900, bottom in the picture, is a great choice under $200.

10. PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    That's ok. I hate traditionals and most fixed blades. We all like what we like.

11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I wouldn't say that I hate titanium flippers, but they are a trend I'd like to see fade in the near future.

12. Basp2005

Basp2005

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

Ironbut, palonej and BigKurtHaze like this.
  13. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Yawwwwn. You just don't see many titanium frame lock flippers these days........;)

Korean Hog and BigKurtHaze like this.
  14. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    If you can go a little over the $200 max you have I would go ZT0220 or ZT0562CF. If not and $200 is tops I would go with the ZT0562.

15. Stolenives

Stolenives

Jul 12, 2017
    Do you think it's just a phase, like those fidget spinners?

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I think they have some validity in the knife world and will never go away, but I do however think that the trend will eventually slow down because traditionals are picking up.
    I'm not saying that modern folders in general will die down, but a lot of people may try a traditional and find that speed and strength aren't as important as they thought they were.

17. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2631.JPG Love them!

Stolenives likes this.
  18. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The ZT 801 can be had for well under $200 on the exchange.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigKurtHaze likes this.
  19. PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    Well, i totally disagree. :D They have been popular for as long as i can remember. So the thought of them all of a sudden dropping off I dont see as a likely occurrence. But also because even if I dont like a product, I would not wish for a product to become unpopular simply because its not what I like. Id rather just hope what I do like would gain popularity so that I would have more options. Im not a hinderer, medford or CRK kind of guy. But i dont see how wishing those products to die off would benefit me in any way. :cool:

-Corey-, palonej and AtechReviews like this.
  20. PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    I dont know man. Ten years ago frame locks seemed pretty popular. Like the zt 0300. At that time flippers and frame locks were going strong. There were very few knives with bearings. As then assisted was all the rage.